Black History Month Vault and Tokens

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited February 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Some players have bought out the Vault and are just building up tokens now. That's fine! They won't go to waste!

We're planning on re-running the Vault after the official end for another 72 hours as a Token Only Vault. So players that bought out the Vault will be able to pull from this "new" version with their saved tokens instead of pulling from it as if it has expired. After that, any unused tokens will go towards the expired Vault as per usual.

This also means that players that are looking to pull something via HP should do so before the standard expiration, since the re-run will reset the Vault as with any re-run of a Vault.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

Thanks for the update!

What about the other vaults that don't have a reset button (e.g., Better Half)?

How come the recent vaults don't have a reset button?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So no pulling for a potential 15 Okoye levels.
    Shame.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    Thanks for the update!

You will still be able to pull from the retired vault after its expiration date.

• IceIX
    Options

@ShionSinX said:

@Punisher5784 said:
    Thanks for the update!

You will still be able to pull from the retired vault after its expiration date.

Correct. This changes nothing about the Vault and how it works with expired tokens. Bow can still try for the 15 Okoye levels. Just have to do it AFTER the 72 hour Vault and it goes to "normal" expired status.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Ah read that wrong, of course that's right.
    Thank you.

• IceIX
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    Thanks for the update!

Resetablility is tied to the richness of the Vault. Anniversary and new developer celebrations kind of threw that out of whack for a bit, but generally, if a Vault is non-resettable, it's considered a bit more premium and rewards on a pull by pull basis are better in comparison.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Happy to get some more info, now could we also have an overview of which characters can be used for the different vaults please? I'm losing track and the in-game news doesn't show these announcements.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Alfje17 said:
    Happy to get some more info, now could we also have an overview of which characters can be used for the different vaults please? I'm losing track and the in-game news doesn't show these announcements.

Yes, this exactly. They could implement an i(nfo) button with the vault where it says how you can get these tokens. Also some sort of countdown would be nice too. It's hard to keep track when you get a vault token and when you can get another.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, I misjudged the timing and ended up spending 300HP to get the last 250 JJ shards (well, it was 900HP in total thanks to RNG).

• fitfestus
    fitfestus Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options

I would love to have a bubble that you could hit next to the name of the vault (cuz there is room at the top of each vault) that when selected displays what is required to obtain a vault token.
    Thoughts?

• Scofie
    Options

@fitfestus said:
    I would love to have a bubble that you could hit next to the name of the vault (cuz there is room at the top of each vault) that when selected displays what is required to obtain a vault token.
    Thoughts?

Yes, that's a good idea. And a countdown to reset timer too.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options

Or alternately these could become special events/quests in the same place that was used during the holiday period for fighting x battles with y team, etc. Much easier to track when there are multiple different vaults and associated characters as there are now, although that is an uncommon occurrence in the 2 years I have been playing. Easy to see which toons to use and whether or not you have done it already for the current (daily) timer period.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So I had maxed out my vault today and received another token and it disappeared. It isn't showing up anywhere in my inventory. Anyone else encountering this?

• Scofie
    Options

@Warbringa said:
    So I had maxed out my vault today and received another token and it disappeared. It isn't showing up anywhere in my inventory. Anyone else encountering this?

Other people are reporting "hidden tokens" in their total and there was mention of an expired vault going live after the end of the main vault (think it was from IceIX).

TLDR: you'll get to pull in a few days for the surplus tokens.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They're hidden until the vault ends. I have zero open-able tokens of any kind right now, and the number in the bottom left corner shows 26 (I bought out the vault the first day).

It's actually super annoying, I get twitchy when that number is there.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah I'm waiting to cash in my 30 tokens in 4 days.
    Or 28 or whatever. February is weird.

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options

Kinda lame M’Baku doesn’t give a Black History Month Token.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mine aren’t hidden so well…. Anybody else seeing this?

• Scofie
    Options

That's a different vault?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Mine aren’t hidden so well…. Anybody else seeing this?

Whenever I see that, I pull a token 3/4 times has been a 4*. Most likely luck though lol