Options

As of today…no.

Kang hard counters him

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

Every 5 is worth covering.
    You never know when they become relevant.
    And you know that.
    You've been around for 600 years.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We also don't know if Wong is broken or Kang is broken or both are broken or neither is broken.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ll put it this way then, Wong is the 2023 Moonknight.
    If you champ him cool, but you probably will never use him, because the characters that came after him and before him are better.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like Moon Knight... :#

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3 months to see what the next 5s do, maybe there's some more Away trickery coming up.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wong has a lot of synergy with Kitty, Polaris, Ultron and BRB. He will see use even if he isn't meta.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Wong has a lot of synergy with Kitty, Polaris, Ultron and BRB. He will see use even if he isn't meta.

It will take too many turns for him to throw out specials. R4G and BRB will hold the spots he tries to fill.
    He is even slower than KnUlltron. He occupies a strange niche like Abigail.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

Mine puts protects or Strikes at start of battle 66% of the time.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is what I wrote in Reddit back in January.

Once they started the 4/5/4/5 release schedule, the standard time in Latest was ~84 days (12 weeks). Then they had the weird timing issues in Sept/Oct, and therefore Kamala/DocThor/Chasm/iSHulk got much longer at ~98 days (14 weeks). Emma/Arcade will get ~70 days (10 weeks) but Ironheart will only get 56 days (8 weeks). And then HitMonkey and everyone after will get back to the new standard ~84 days (12 weeks). Obviously this is assuming we will be back to the standard 1 month between seasons and don’t have short or long seasons. That’s what the devs have said this long off-season was meant to do, so I think it’s a safe assumption.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The dev also said that this "abnormal" scheduling could happen again in the future. I can't remember if I saw this in reddit or in last month Dev Q&A.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options

Riri & HM already champed. Wongers had 1 cover. Pulled 50, got a nice 11/50, 22%

Got 6 Riri, 3 HM and 2 Wongers. I'll be waiting for Monkey, Wong & Kong to pull more.

• Xception81
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I'm surprised Wong was in before Season starts.

I think this is also the new normal. The season starts today, but they switch the characters in the morning instead of waiting for the actual season start this afternoon.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I prefer the ex-dev's method rotation because it coincides with new 5* release week. For season based rotation, I've to add ~10 days to its end date.

• Xception81
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I prefer the ex-dev's method rotation because it coincides with new 5* release week. For season based rotation, I've to add ~10 days to its end date.

I’m with you. It was a guaranteed/easy known time frame. And rarely had any issues. But oh well, they seem focused on this new way.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

Pulled for Riri who I had at 2/2/2 and it took 101 LL pulls to get Riri to 13 covers. In the process brought Hit Monkey to 5/3/3 (from 2/1/1) and went from an uncovered Wong to 1/2/3.

So 20 5* covers, none saved, out of 101 pulls. That’s some efficient and lucky pulls. Hopefully this doesn’t curse me when Kang enters.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Terrible luck. Pulled about 70ish times getting 2 Monkey, 2 or 3 Riri and just 1 Wong.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options

Waiting for Riri to leave so I can pull for Kang, Monkey, and Wong.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Every 5 is worth covering.
    You never know when they become relevant.
    And you know that.
    You've been around for 600 years.

That's a little unfair. The question isn't "in a vacuum should I cover wong?" The question was "if I am already done covering HM, and close to finishing riri, should i chase Wong now, or should i hold off until later?" It's a resource management question about relative value, not a general roster-building philosophy question.

dyinglegend:

I would say that it's probably worth investing a few more pulls right now to try to get riri finished (or at least to 12/13 so you can finish covering her from 4* riri levels). the worst that could happen is you get some extra levels on hit monkey. The consensus on him seems to be that his powers are pretty good, but he is a bit squishy, so extra levels for him isn't a terrible idea (especially if you can still keep him from tanking). But once riri is finished I would sit tight until we see what the Wong/Kang/???? pool looks like. Of the recent 5*s, Kang seems the most likely to be to be meta since Fosthor given the number of exploitable passives that he has.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Oh wait:

Arcade (Edward Acra), Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme), and Loki (God of Mischief)

Yeah, no thanks.

Ah, another Strange store. Yeah, no one's going to back me on that... :D