Open the stash for which LL trio ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor

If you had a LL/CP stash built up which trio would you pull for if any ?

I was curious if anyone is pulling hard to finish Arcade/Riri/Monkey, or if you're going to wait for when Monkey/Wang/Kang are available together.

I have Arcade at 6 covers and don't care for him, so that's enough for me. Riri I'm having a hard time how must have she is, I've got her at 10 covers. She's interesting bit not sure how much I'd use her aside from boosted.

Looks like Kang will be pretty good and very unique. Wong doesn't blow me away but I think he'll be pretty decent and useful as well. Monkey has his uses with his red which makes him very handy. I don't play against 550s nor do I PVP too much aside from going after the first 10 CP rewards somewhat frequently.

I was curious to hear from others with stashes built up what your plans are. I have over 30 5*s and all the metas champed. My stash is a bit over 300 pulls right now. I usually like to hold off until a character comes around that blows me away or that I know I'd use consistently. But with every character these days feeling like a wacky experiment, you have to pick and choose based on how much you need said characters niche.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Since Wong is a liability against Kang teams... it's really hard to say.
    Except that nobody needs a bigger Arcade, and he leaves tomorrow anyway.
    I'm leaning towards Monkey / Wong / Kang until Wong is champed, then see who's after Kang.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options

Wong is very terrible. Kang has made him obsolete. He so bad that I am thinking of skipping him and monkey.

• Slevin_Kelevra
    Slevin_Kelevra Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

I don’t post much but I think I agree with you here. Maybe I’m missing it but Wong doesn’t do anything that excites me about pulling for him. I have the others champed so I may just wait and see who is behind Kang.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The dev will release something that counters Kang or Away mechanic a few months later.

Kang will be able to speed up pves if you don't have SC yet and you've baby champed 5* roster.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think there's a really blazing fast PvE strategy that uses Kang and some supports, and I think it might end up being the fastest possible PvE team. Someone better at PvE than I am will figure it out, and probably pretty quickly.

I have no idea what or who is actually on that team and what supports it uses. So don't miss Kang if that's a thing you want to do.

The other two guys are fine but nothing special at this point/in this metagame.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

If you have mThor champed then Riri becomes really good. If not, she is ok but skippable. Riri will rotate after the next 5* is announced so you can make a decision then. I plan on covering Hit Monkey as an option for the Immortal meta but he is only ok. Good for my roster though. Wong does stuff that will go with Polaris, BRB, Kitty, Kamala (all meta adjacent 5s, especially Polaris) so is better than being presented here, but will see zero use in competitive PvP and very little in PvE.

Kang, BRB, and Polaris (+Wong and protect supports somewhere) will be fast, though I'm not sure about Okoye, iHulk, Thanos fast. If you can get a billion CD tiles out somehow mThor and Riri would be happy to team up and destroy all of them for you.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Overall, the easiest way categorize RiRi/HM are as responses to chasm. All I mean by that is your going to use these vs specific playstiles vs. a meta combo that good against all playstyles (I.e. doubtful that RiRi or Hit Monkey becomes part of anyone default A team). From that perspective, Kang + next 2 LL is more likely to be good in more situations than any combination of (Arcade-Riri-HitMonkey-Wong)

Arcade is situational at best but RiRi and Hit Monkey can be useful in pvp play. So even if your not fighting mega teams. Its good to have way to address those mid-tier chasms. So just keep that in mind.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I consider the Monkey a must have. I have used him successfully against the Immortal meta. If you think you're going to use a Kang team against that meta, though, you might not need him.

Riri can be insanely dangerous with a good Dr. Thor, but not without.

I might be the biggest fan of in-game Arcade these forums have, but I don't even use him. That should tell you something.

Wong is dead on arrival.

Kang is an absolute must have, barring a pre-release nerf or a release that instantly counters him (poor, poor Wong).

Do with this information what you will.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd pull for RiRi, Monkey, Wong...once RiRi and Monkey are at least champed stop.

That will give you enough time to build up for allowing Wong to drop out and pull for Kang and whoever is after him.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

I have arcade at 13+7 covers and will be pulling for Riri once Arcade leaves. Arcade was a side effect of pulling for She-Hulk.

I have Riri at 2/2/2 currently, so I’m hoping I won’t drain my entire stash (115LL + a hair over 2k CP) going for her. Will I keep going for HM? At this point I don’t think so and will set my sights on Kang and get as many covers for him as I can as soon as possible.

Maybe this will be my experiment with the LL train and see how that works out.

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options

I'd pull for Riri to 13 and then just stay on the LL train. You'll probably barely scratch your hoard. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88062/all-aboard-getting-on-the-ll-train-a-4-to-5-star-strategy#latest

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

Took 101 LL pulls to get Riri to 13. Didn’t have to touch CP. now I get to build and decide if I want to chase HM and Wong…