2»

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options

Korg
    Silver samurai
    Honey badger

Have no idea about honey badger but had no interest in the rest and sauron I didn’t know as thought it was lord of the rings related

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Silver Samurai

@turbomoose said:
    Korg
    Silver samurai
    Honey badger

Have no idea about honey badger but had no interest in the rest and sauron I didn’t know as thought it was lord of the rings related

Sauron is a dude who drains Mutant energy that transforms him for some reason into a pterodactyl thing. He pops up in a few episodes of the 90's cartoon - he can hypnotise people, presumably a superpower flying dinosaurs had BUT was originally from the Neal Adams/Roy Thomas run late 60's where the X-Men was about to get cancelled and so they just let him do whatever they felt like. Tolkein's estate don't seem to have given much attention to anything going on in the 60's as about half of Led Zepplin's songs namedrop stuff from the novels without bothering to credit anybody, so I guess Marvel thought "why not?". They even DIRECTLY reference Lord of the Rings - Sauron himself states quite blatantly that he is naming himself after that Sauron dude! Nobody seems to mind and Stan Lee obviously never got a lawsuit!

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Honey Badger

Honey Badger, Multiple Man, Sauron