Team event points strategy (ex. Come and Get me)

Siv75
Siv75 Posts: 55 Match Maker

I have been playing come and get me since it started. Haven't missed a turn. I got to over 300k points so far. However when I see the top Alliance players... they're at over 600k points individually. That's twice the points I managed to gain without missing any attacks for all turns. Obviously there must be a strategy to this... but if I'm not missing any attacks and am playing all turns, what am I missing?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

That your alliance isn't playing with you.
    When you are slower to open later rounds, you fall behind in points.

You also shouldn't compare yourself to the top guys in top alliances.
    We've been doing this since boss events started, we know how to maximize points.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

Your alliance isn't coordinating the early rounds effectively. You get more points per round the later the levels.
    So if you can get all alliance players to share points early you will get attempts on rounds 2 and 3 earlier.
    It really makes no difference in the long run as long as you are clearing the event, because there is no placement progression rewards.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah it only really matters for stuff like Civil War where you have to be efficient to finish both sides.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

Thanos is a perfect event to encourage rosters that are on the lower side to get stuck in early on coz the board helps you with all those infinity stone perks. Then the stronger Alliance members can tackle the later rounds. One of the Alliances at the top end of the scoreboard has a player with over 500k and they don't have a single champed 5* or even a fully covered one. My Alliance is hit and miss though so I share your pain.

• Siv75
    Siv75 Posts: 55 Match Maker

@dianetics said:
    Your alliance isn't coordinating the early rounds effectively. You get more points per round the later the levels.
    So if you can get all alliance players to share points early you will get attempts on rounds 2 and 3 earlier.
    It really makes no difference in the long run as long as you are clearing the event, because there is no placement progression rewards.

I see. That makes sense. So the earlier the alliance completes a round the more points we get per match at an earlier timeframe. But since there are no progression rewards... it only matters as much as we get enough to get that final alliance reward.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@Siv75 said:

@dianetics said:

I see. That makes sense. So the earlier the alliance completes a round the more points we get per match at an earlier timeframe. But since there are no progression rewards... it only matters as much as we get enough to get that final alliance reward.

Thats right. Outside of the events that allow you to hit multiple boss nodes, there is no real advantage to hyper coordinating aside from having the last 24hrs off.

The main differentiators is whether you can get the "bonus" node for round flips, boss node timers. Most importantly, your waiting to do your 6 side missions as late as possible in the 8hr window, while still progression the alliance.

Usually, that boils down to people waiting for the last hr of each window to do their side nodes. But if all members are ready to play on schedule, you can move through the rounds pretty fast and efficiently.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker

@Phumade said:
    Usually, that boils down to people waiting for the last hr of each window to do their side nodes. But if all members are ready to play on schedule, you can move through the rounds pretty fast and efficiently.

As an example of this, my alliance aims to hit round 4 before the first 8 hour timer is up by only doing the boss fight. If the whole alliance is available to play we usually hit this. If people are busy, we start clearing the side nodes an hour before reset instead, to push in to round 4 that way.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

The only way to get high point totals is to reach the later rounds. A round 8 win in this event is worth ~45,000 points.

By far the most important thing for success in boss events is getting through the early round quickly. Ideally, one should be into round 5 before the end of the first 8-hour cycle, but being deep into round 4 is ok. This is especially important for alliances with weaker rosters since the side node scallinh jumps WAY up after the first 3x 8-hour cycles.

As stated above, the optimal strategy is for everyone to hit just the boss and save all their side nodes for round 4. If all 20 players start immediately it is possible to clear multiple rounds without ever using the side nodes.

Round 6 and, especially, 7 are the biggest slogs (clearing round 7 actually requires more boss victories than round 8 in most events), with each requiring 2-3 cycles to clear for most alliances.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

@Zarqa said:

@Phumade said:

As an example of this, my alliance aims to hit round 4 before the first 8 hour timer is up by only doing the boss fight. If the whole alliance is available to play we usually hit this. If people are busy, we start clearing the side nodes an hour before reset instead, to push in to round 4 that way.

You cannot clear 3 rounds doing only boss fights. You need all 20 to clear round 2. Once round 3 hits you need to start using side nodes.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

In some ways, the Thanos boss event is a bad example as a 3 star team can beat Thanos in round 8. He is obliging in leaving those infinity stones around for you to make use of.