Black History Month Vault

helix72
helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
edited February 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

This just showed up today. It says there are daily deals and 27days left but there is no reset button...does that mean we can only empty it once? Can we earn free tokens? I'm confused...

Compared to the anniversary vault you get a lot less for the same cost, 1 fewer 5* cover and 5 fewer LTs most notably:

*Edited to include the ISO and RISO in the award chart.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah it's one time only.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

PSA, because it fooled me for a second... The LT is placed to the right of the Mighty Tokens for some reason. So, if you don't see one, just scroll right.

• helix72

So if it is one time only, and it is available for 27 days, then you can save some HP by NOT pulling the 40 pack.

To empty the vault you could pull the 40 pack for 5000 and a 1 pack for 100 for a total of 5100.
    OR
    You could pull two 10 pack daily deals for 2400 and twenty-one 1 packs for 2100 for a total of 4500 for the same 41 items. And you might get all the real awards well before the vault is empty and decide to stop pulling early, saving even more.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

That's weird, normally non-resettable vaults don't have daily deals. Also the contents of this one are weird, I think the non-resettable ones are typically worse than this. I wonder what happened.

• Bowgentle

Maybe it went live before it was finished and signed off.
    We didn't get an announcement either.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

@helix72 said
    You could pull two 10 pack daily deals for 2400 and twenty-one 1 packs for 2100 for a total of 4500 for the same 41 items. And you might get all the real awards well before the vault is empty and decide to stop pulling early, saving even more.

Wait until near the end of the month, and if you don’t have all the 5* shards out of there yet then throw some hp into it. As it stands this vault really is not worth dumping hp into.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

You get free token to the vault for using those characters related to this even.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

I bought out the vault not realizing I couldn't reset it after, and now I've gotten the free daily token for playing with Misty and it just disappeared into the void. No post-event token, just gone. "Recruit Heroes" shows 62 tokens, but when I click on it and get to the next page "Vaults" shows 61 (and the other categories have none.) Something definitely went wrong when setting this one up. My guess is they'll add the "Reset Vault" option back in a patch and then the tokens will appear.

• Bowgentle

@mega ghost said:
    I bought out the vault not realizing I couldn't reset it after, and now I've gotten the free daily token for playing with Misty and it just disappeared into the void. No post-event token, just gone. Something definitely went wrong when setting this one up.

That's the usual behaviour.
    You'll collect the tokens and will be able to draw them once the vault goes away next month.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@mega ghost said:
    I bought out the vault not realizing I couldn't reset it after, and now I've gotten the free daily token for playing with Misty and it just disappeared into the void. No post-event token, just gone. Something definitely went wrong when setting this one up.

That's the usual behaviour.
    You'll collect the tokens and will be able to draw them once the vault goes away next month.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up — I can live with that.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

If you empty it now you have a great chance to double up on those 5* shards at the end of the month. Provided we get a token every day it is open of course.

• PhoenixMagik
    PhoenixMagik Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

I like these vaults with a daily token for using a character in it. I got lucky and got the Okoye shards today.

• helix72
    edited February 2023

@Daredevil217 I'll go you one better:
    The Anniversary Vault, if you emptied it using the 40 pack and the 1 pack, gave you an expected return of one 5* cover per 578 net HP.
    The BHM Vault, if you empty it using the 40 pack and the 1 pack, gives you an expected return of one 5* cover per 1,092 net HP.

The main difference aside from the cost is that the BHM Vault gives you the ability to earn free tokens daily, so in theory you can get the net HP down since several of the pulls you don't have to pay for. But this will also limit how many times you can empty the vault.

• Bowgentle

@helix72 said:
    @Daredevil217 I'll go you one better:
    The Anniversary Vault, if you emptied it using the 40 pack and the 1 pack, gave you an expected return of one 5* cover per 578 net HP.
    The BHM Vault, if you empty it using the 40 pack and the 1 pack, gives you an expected return of one 5* cover per 1,092 net HP.

The main difference aside from the cost is that the BHM Vault gives you the ability to earn free tokens daily, so in theory you can get the net HP down since several of the pulls you don't have to pay for. But this will also limit how many times you can empty the vault.

BHM vault is one-time only, so the times you can empty it, is... One.

• helix72

@Bowgentle True, true, sorry lack of sleep when posting...

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

Got the Okoye shards without spending a single HP. I'm pleased.

• HoundofShadow

Does it make sense to compare all other purchaseable vaults to anniversary vault, given that it has to be the best vault of the year? I think it's fine to compare vault with the same important attributes: 1-time clear vault with 1-time vault and non-anniversary multiple clear vaults with non-anniversary multiple clear vaults. The other factor needed is whether it gives daily token or 1-time token.

• HoundofShadow

I guess it's a difference of viewpoints. Players who optimise their resources would like such comparisons. For simpletons like me, we simply look at the vault and think, is the character(s) that I want inside there? If the answer is 'yes', pull, else skip.