Character Updates - 4* Iceman (All New X-Men) / 5* Kingpin (Spider-Verse) (Live 1/31)

2»

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

I was running Colossus/Kingpin/Coleen Wing. I also was running kingpin at 5/3/5.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

I'm not sure what your champed Kingpin level is, but that's a minimum of 1268 strength protect tiles on the board. Assuming the match damage was 3k, and Colossus reduces it by 83%.

Your damage taken should be

(3000 * 17%) - 1268 = negative 758. Since 1 damage is the minimum, you took one damage.

In order for Colossus/450Kingpin + another hero to take more than 1 match damage at the start of the game, enemy AI need to deal 7474 match damage, which is going to be rare, except going against Eddie Brock and Chasm.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Wow! 3 strikes of 3000. He hit me with a critical ball for 50k.
    Now that's what I call a challenge node. I love it.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards

5* KP is much more dangerous as an opponent in the current PVE. Beatable? Sure. But hits much harder and takes longer to down.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

First thanks for the reworks.

For Lingpin his blue will be much more useful especially since his green will provide special tiles to start the match. Of of the biggest issues with his blue was needing to get a special tile on the board to fire.

For his green great passive. Unfortunately you are still missing the mark on the active part of this power. Building up 9 AP to turn wait an additional 2 turns to deal damage is just too long. You risk losing the repeater and in a match you might get this to hit once if you are lucky. This is the same issue with Loki.

My recommendation is to either have the repeater start as 1 then go to 2 after the first time it hits 0, or have the active power do some sort of damage to start even if it was 1/2 the power then goes to a 2 turn repeater. Too many times this power will just not do anything on a 2 turn repeater that costs 9 AP

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

I agree with this generally. This seems obvious, but active powers should do something. If a power has a high chance of not doing anything at all, it needs to either be really cheap or a really powerful effect.

They've gotten better about it. Generally characters don't have powers like "10ap -- create an unfortified 3 turn CD tile that does x" anymore. Either they fortify the tile, let you place it, or make it cheaper.

I'd actually really like a character that has a super high-variance ability like "13ap -- create a random unfortified 3 turn CD tile that does x" where x basically wins the game for you. I'm not sure how well that'd go over though.

Anyway I think Kingpin's repeater should either be shorter (1 turn), cost less (7 or 8?) or do more damage. It's pretty close though, and I imagine they're including the passive part in the calculation.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

You must have loved Doc Ock's original green, then.

• Bad
    edited February 2023

Right now he creates 3 ~600 attack tiles.
    That's decent now. Before were less than 150 attack.
    Plus the repeater although the damage is a bit low.
    Now he has synergy with SAP tiles generator or enhancers while he protects them from matches.
    Better than nothing (his former status).

• entrailbucket

I thought that ability was a pretty cool design! The rest of the character was terrible though, and I think the ability itself was actually overcosted for "win the game." Didn't you have to cast it, protect it forever and upgrade it a bunch of times?

• Bad

The other 5* I had in good shape was cable, so yeah, matching yellow for to fortify 1 or 2 KP's repeaters.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    I thought that ability was a pretty cool design! The rest of the character was terrible though, and I think the ability itself was actually overcosted for "win the game." Didn't you have to cast it, protect it forever and upgrade it a bunch of times?

Yeah it was like... 5 upgrades or something.
    Ridiculous by today's standards, of course.
    Back in the day I THINK I got it off once or twice.

• Bad

Before there weren't shards.
    The reason why I didn't grow up kitty was because I didn't had the red power, and 720 cps don't unlock a new power.
    So I chose kingping for to pay 720 cps growing him up.
    Growing up a character is really expensive but grants a guaranteed strenght.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

Space Crime Continuum store feat. JJ, Kingpin and Abbie. Hmm.I only need one cover for both Kingy and Abbie to champ them but do I really wanna pull? Might not get another chance though.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 907 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:
    Space Crime Continuum store feat. JJ, Kingpin and Abbie. Hmm.I only need one cover for both Kingy and Abbie to champ them but do I really wanna pull? Might not get another chance though.

Where are your 4* Miles Morales and Kingpin? Both feed 5* Kingpin so that's an option, albeit much slower. Same for Abigail with 4* Nick Fury. Can't remember off the top of my head if she has a second feeder or not.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Original Dock Ock was 3 upgrades, then you had to match it with one turn left to auto win. It was actually highly conditional. At release he could auto-win a whole wave node, but it was very quickly changed to just winning the wave you were in.

“Cunning Scheme 13 Green AP:
    Doctor Octopus generously creates a nuclear reactor to power the city, but secretly rigs it to blow. Place a 10-turn Nuclear Reactor Countdown tile not eh board that deals 3974 damage to each enemy. This power becomes Phase 2.
    Phase 2 costs 8 Green AP: Doctor Octopus’s generator powers hospitals. Upgrade the Nuclear Reactor tile to give a burst of 514 health to each friendly character each turn. This power becomes Phase 3. (PASSIVE) If the Reactor is matched, gain 11 Green AP. If it’s destroyed, this power becomes Cunning scheme.
    Phase 3 costs 6 Green AP: Upgrade the Nuclear Reactor tile so that it deals 457 damage to each enemy each turn. This power becomes Final Phase. (PASSIVE) If the Reactor is matched, gain 14 Green AP. If it’s destroyed, this power becomes Cunning Scheme.
    Final Phase costs 0 Green AP: (PASSIVE) All his work has led to this perfect moment. If Doc Ock’s Nuclear Reactor is matched away when it’s timer reads “1” he wins the battle! If Doc Ock’s Nuclear Reactor is matched at another time, gain 18 Green AP. If it’s destroyed, this power becomes Cunning Scheme.”

• entrailbucket
    edited February 2023

That's even worse than I remember!

Honestly, like "14ap: create an (unfortified, randomly placed) 3 turn CD tile that wins the game" is probably not overpowered at all. Powers that get into the 13/14/15ap range should basically win you the game anyway.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@WilliamK1983 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Where are your 4* Miles Morales and Kingpin? Both feed 5* Kingpin so that's an option, albeit much slower. Same for Abigail with 4* Nick Fury. Can't remember off the top of my head if she has a second feeder or not.

I chucked a few hundred CP at it and got nowhere so yeah it will have to be feeder route as the store isn't good enough to keep going.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    That's even worse than I remember!

Honestly, like "14ap: create an (unfortified, randomly placed) 3 turn CD tile that wins the game" is probably not overpowered at all. Powers that get into the 13/14/15ap range should basically win you the game anyway.

At the time all I had on him was the one green cover, I was a 3* player. I liked using him with Grey Suit Widow for the green production and the targeted match once it was down to one turn.