Best Use For Milestone Rewards

Options
Grizwald
Grizwald Posts: 105 Tile Toppler

I just completed the Milestone Reward for collecting 500 powers for 5-Star Heroes, which rewards 800 5* shards. Is the best use of these shards to level someone I already have championed? Or is it better to use them to level someone to Champion status?

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It really depends on your personal preference or roster needs. In my opinion, applying 1.6 covers to a 5* character you haven't champed yet is more useful than using it for 1.6 champion levels.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Milestone rewards are one of the few ways to (relatively) quickly target multiple covers for a specific character.

So it's obviously useful for backfilling essential characters like SC if you happened to take a break during their release period. And for new players those milestones might be a way to speed up acquisition of key 5*s as they build their roster. Otherwise, it's not clear to me that there is an optimal strategy for using those shards (which has led me to stockpile those milestones personally)

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I used milestones to target Kitty, Apocalypse and BRB but only because I had Shang-Chi fully covered from hoarding. Having meta characters to move into the 5* tier helps quite a lot.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Agreed with above that it depends on your goals.

Milestones greatly helped me when I returned from a 2yr retirement. I was able to finish 5* Half Thor, cover BRB and I'm almost done with Mighty Thor. Next I'll target Shang Chi.

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

It always depends...I used the 1000 5* shards from milestones yesterday on my level 472 Shang-Chi! I use him every day in PvE and PvE. He's my favourite character. But that was an even easier choice because I already had all 78 five-stars champed.