Arcade and Wong anonymous abilities

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

Arcades blue and Wongs yellow present you with textless icons when used. I think it is difficult to remember what icon does what. Perhaps in time you'll learn but a text would be nice.

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

It’s the same for Ghostpool and Crystal they have the same thing.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

I remember using Lockjaw for the first time and wondering which of the inhumans I should get. It will be worth writing down if used a lot and a fix isn’t implemented

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

Anybody else sometimes see Arcade with a second poison gas cloud where the fireball is supposed to go? The power works correctly but the button is just a second cloud. Also the contrast on his top right icon is extremely dark, I wish they’d brighten that up. You c
    an see the dimness here but not the bug

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

Honestly I still don't understand what Arcade is doing...I thought he had a second poison cloud sometimes because he hadn't met some threshold or the board didn't have the right colors.

The "pick one of 4 things" interface is probably better than the way they used to do those powers, "choose a colored tile to do one of 6 things."

The reason is pretty simple: now they only have to come up with 4 things for the power to do, vs 6 things. In all of the pick-6 powers, there's usually 1 or 2 options worth using and everything else is terrible.

I kind of wish they'd stop doing these because it's adding complexity without really adding depth. On the surface it's cool to get a guy with a lot of options, but in practice...if one option is "do a bunch of damage" and another is "place a 4-turn repeater that creates 2 protect tiles and drains 1 AP in the enemy's strongest color," I know which one of those I'm gonna pick 100% of the time.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards

Spider-Woman may have been the first with a 'choose a power' interface like that. But I think the interface would also be more clear if you could somehow see a description what each option does. Now you have to cancel the power activation and open the character description to see it (and even then you sometimes may not know what power comes with what icon).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

I can never remember which colour of Arcade's traps correspond to which power on his blue. Red = flame which seems straight forward and black equals poison I think? So mostly I just pick whatever one I have most colour of even though the powers are not equal I don't think?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Yeah I just look at number of tiles.
    I only play him when he's required in PVE, so no need to memorize that stuff.
    Eventually I'll learn.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

flame is single target and poison is aoe I think, that's usually how I decide.

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

Have 5 in his pink and it's almost a non issue. 2 traps per turn lets you use poison cloud (pink+black) pretty reliably. Match the fortification to get the stun and two rounds of aoe damage. I been using Emma's red to match the CD. Always on a pink tile so it is reliable. His pink is a great nuke for the last guy standing. 553.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler

Reminds me of Gwenpool's pink power.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@NMANOZ1 said:
    Reminds me of Gwenpool's pink power.

If you are only interested in doing damage and not anything more tricky then it is quite easy to remember Avengers big 3 (Cap, Thor, Iron Man) which does a decent hit.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

For Arcade's blue, your first choice should only be Poison Cloud. His 3* version was already doing 20k(?) Damage the last time I used him.

I find Wong's spells easy to remember because their images are somewhat logical.