Feeders

Astrolad
Astrolad Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

Wouldn’t it be helpful to list the feeders on the Stats and More screen of each character? Seems like the would be easy to implement.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

They'd have to hardcode that into that page, and update that by hand every time that changes.
    Feeds & fed by.
    That's... A lot of work for something you also see in champ rewards.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

@Bowgentle said:
    They'd have to hardcode that into that page, and update that by hand every time that changes.
    Feeds & fed by.
    That's... A lot of work for something you also see in champ rewards.

They wouldn't necessarily have to hardcode it or do a lot of work. Depending on how they have it set up, they could point it to the same primary data source that populates the champ rewards.

And you can't see them in champ rewards if you don't have the character champed or even rostered.

If the devs were to do something like this, I would suggest making it bi-directional: both "who feeds this character?" as well as "who does this character feed?"

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

Nah.. it's easy to just look it up. Stop making these guys do extra work

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

I would say it shouldn't be high on a priority list. There's much more impactful quality of life changes that should be prioritised (sorting options for one).

I do think that once you find out feeders exist you're probably reviewing some info from the many community sources.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Using Ctrl + F is much faster. There are over 100 feeders and if you were to click each feeder, it's going to take ages. Besides, you would be looking for a particular feeder rather than looking for all the feeders, unless you want to shard all the feeders.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

If they just made every 4* a feeder you wouldn't need a filter for them.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 55 Match Maker

I wouldn't suggest it is a priority enhancement, but I do think the game should do more to explain itself (in-game). But this is something that could be said about a lot (most, maybe even the majority) of games released now. They no longer feel the need to provide a user manual or even explain tactics/functions in-game because the reliance now is on community-driven wiki sources outside of the game. It is a cost saving for the game companies, and can more easily provide in-depth knowledge of functions with the added benefit of real-world experiences and counterpoints from other players. But it is still reliant on players discovering and using these sources or else they remain oblivious to this information. Are we really suggesting that all MPQ players are checking out the tier and feeder-list spreadsheets that are community maintained and well known on the subReddit? I think not.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

How many % of the playerbase are interested in knowing more about the game? Previously, the ex-dev, under the suggestion of players, created a 5 part video guides on how to play MPQ. The highest view count were only 7.8k and the lowest 3.8k. There were in-game notification and the thread was pinned for some time. Not even 10% of the playerbase are interested in playing optimally.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

I assume that, in part, lining up logical chains of feeders was a way of the Devs trying to circumvent the need for spreadsheets and that sort'a whatnot. Wolverine feeds Wolverine feeds Wolverine feeds Wolverine. Well yeah. Obviously there is always gonna be a few that need a bit more "insider" info - maybe you don't know that Domino has anything to do with Hit Monkey or the like.