Doomskar Claimants PvP Legacy event

Options
Techg
Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker

Are we going back to having legacy PvP events? This is going to be brutal if so.

Doomskar Claimants

Deck Restriction: Legacy
Opt-In Time: 01/13/2023 04:00 UTC
Start Time: 01/14/2023 04:00 UTC
End Time: 01/16/2023 02:00 UTC

Comments

• HellsBells
    HellsBells Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

Ouch. This will be a bloodbath. Bad idea.

• chiefwahoo
    chiefwahoo Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

No, no, no. And again: no. Sub optimal choice of constellation

• Sythe200
    Sythe200 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2023
    Options

As a platinum player with a limited legacy collection I would prefer not to have a legacy pvp event. PvE is fine but please don't make me play against folks who have been playing for several years and have a much bigger card collection

• Kmiesse
    Kmiesse Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Yuck. I barely have any boast or snow cards. Would really suck to let my coalition down because I’m trying to beat legacy decks with Omni and moxen with an ice hide troll.

• TopoLoco
    TopoLoco Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

A bad idea, but you never listen anyway ...

• Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options

Block restricted would make sense and be fun, but pushing this to Legacy is not a good idea.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes, it should be block, like the WAR events.

• souki12
    souki12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

As much as I like the idea (and the associated challenge), it’s not good and fair to new and newer players.

If it’s going to be block restricted, then it’s OK. The playing field might not be levelled, but it’s definitely not so extremely tilted in veteran’s favour.

• Anarchangel
    Anarchangel Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options

I would like to offer the alternative viewpoint, that while block restriction may solve one problem, it creates another. I Thank You for making recent events not require cards from specific sets. DC, though, resurrects this problem, and block would make it worse.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Apart from the issues and possible solutions mentioned above, block restricted events have a lot of flavor which gets nullified if it's being pushed to legacy. We all know that there are lots of players that don't care for objectives and just jam their most powerful decks on the nodes to get to maximum progression rewards. That's very frustrating, to say the least, for players that want to reach all objectives. @Oktagon_Support Can you please give us your take on this and also why this event has been shifted to legacy? And while you are at it, it would have been very nice of you if you would have at least reacted to all the Avacyn's Madness commotion when you got back from your well deserved holidays.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hey everyone,
    Just to let you know that we've replaced the Doomskar Claimants event with the A World Reborn event.

A World Reborn
    Deck Restriction: Legacy
    Opt-In Time: 01/12/2023 20:00 UTC
    Start Time: 01/13/2023 20:00 UTC
    End Time: 01/16/2023 18:00 UTC

Rebeca.

• Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options

Thanks for listening to the complaints of the community

• Kmiesse
    Kmiesse Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thank you very much for accepting our feedback! Really looking forward to continuing this great trend!

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options

Shame, would have liked a challenge.

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

We appreciate you!