What we can infer about Feeders from Shardmass

Options
13»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well, when I got my 10th 550, I did finally get to see MPQ's ending. Definitely recommend hanging around for the post-credits scene, it's great! (No spoilers)

I don't think there is an endgame, by design. It's a treadmill. There are tiers of players, but someone is always ahead of you -- you're always chasing.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

Endgame: When you start faming 5*'s

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Grizwald said:
    Endgame: When you start faming 5*'s

I know this is a joke, but there's maybe 2 or 3 players that were in a position to do this in the entire history of the game, and I guarantee that they still felt like they were chasing someone ahead of them. They would probably also deny that they were in the top 1%.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Imo, anyone with fully covered 5* has entered endgame. At that point you've entered the last tier of play and can only optimise that/set your own challenges, but you've run out of premade goals the games itself offers you.

That doesn't mean there isn't plenty to do or even deeper goals-- personally, I'd love to champ everyone, which is far off for me, but is another thing you can chase. Having lvl 550 5* is a different chase goal. Either way, both of them are goals in endgame with a fully developed endgame vet roster, none of which the game requires or asks you to do.

It's like in Grim Dawn (or other aRPGs), when you've reached lvl 100 ultimate. There's plenty of stuff to do, optimise your build, farm gear, beat celestial bosses, etc. Plenty to do, but all of which is endgame. You're done with the campaign and with the "normal" goals the game gives you, now you set out to do your own thing. That's not a bad thing at all. For some players, endgame is what they consider the main part of the game.

Same in MPQ. Just because there are more things to chase / always someone ahead of you, doesn't mean you're not still very firmly in endgame with a vet roster of champed 5* .