Feedback from a Returning Player

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

It has been over 2-years, but I recently made a return to MPQ early November. For those who don’t know me, I was a frequent forum poster that has played MPQ on-and-off since the days TU tiles used to be Environmental tiles. I used to have to walk 15-miles in the snow to get a 3* cover that wasn’t a dupe!

When I last left the game, it was due to the death of a close friend, now I’m back because I lost my best friend. Videogames has always cleared my head and helped me escape reality. Despite not playing this game, I still checked the forums here-and-there to see updates. I am blessed that my old Alliance is still kicking and winning T50/100 PVE/PVP! It is really cool to be able to jump right back into the game. When I left, we had Bonus Heroes and 4* Bishop was recently released. Coming back, we have Shards, and I was missing 44 4s and 38 5s. I had a lot of work to do, but the rewards are so much better! Fortunately, I had of HP, CP, and a ton of horded tokens when I returned. As of today, I have all the 4’s rostered, and I am only missing 13 5s.

The first week was tough! I had previously only played SCL8 in PVE because SCL9 rewards did not seem much better when it was released. I used to consistently place in T20-50. I saw the rewards in SCL10 and hopped right in… to death lol. Kitty and Grocket weren’t going to do it for me. I went to PVP and there are so many counters to Grocket now (e.g., Sabretooth, Mobius, Blob, Mantis, etc.)! Then I ran into Polaris. I’ve read about how great she is, but I saw her low health and figured how hard can she be.. I died in 2-3 turns lol. I immediately favorited her and BRB. Once I got them both covered, I was able to play SCL10 in PVE to at least gain progression rewards. Most recently I covered 5* She Hulk to give my team some winfinite, and now I am placing T50-100 in PVE again.

For years, I felt stuck playing MPQ, but with the improved structure, I actually feel like I am progressing in the game. While I did spend some money (there were some very good deals last month!), it always felt like the rewards kept coming as I kept played. While some quality-of-life changes are good (e.g., Shards, Quick Claim button for Tokens, Character Filter, Quests), I am surprised how other areas are untouched or not improved much:

• Lightning Rounds: This is a relic of my early days that just seems to be.. there. At least I can beat the initial nodes with 4* Juggs in less than a minute.

• DDQ: While the rewards have slightly improved, it’s more nodes to complete. I do not understand why SCL still is not applied here to reward us based on our roster. I should not have 1 and 2* nodes. SCL10 showed us that 2* nodes can be removed.

• Crash of the Titans: This is a longer cycle, yet we have 50+ more characters since it’s implementation. It would make more sense to have two nodes everyday: 4* COTT for 5* Shards, 5* COTT for LL tokens.

• Alliance Capabilities: This still unchanged and require LINE to best communicate. I am happy to see the new company has this on their agenda for 2024, but honestly, if it weren’t for my Alliance, I doubt I would have kept playing all these years. I personally believe Alliances are one of the most important aspects of this game

• Heroic Tokens: These tokens are lame. I remember getting excited to earn a 10pk in PVP to heroically open maybe 1-2 3s. That was 7yrs ago! A majority of the time I pull a 2. I pull more 3* from Elite and 4* from Mighty than Heroics. I would prefer retiring the Heroic token and increasing Elite and Mighty tokens.

• Token Animation: Speaking of tokens, can we make the animation of token opening to be optional? Especially Vault tokens. I wish vaults had a Quick Claim. I spent nearly an hour opening the old Savory Tacos. That would be a huge quality of life change that I recall being requested since vaults were implemented.

• Classic 5*s: These characters are still oddly very diluted. While there are special stores from time-to-time, it’ll be a long time until I roster the 5s I am missing. Favorites takes a very long time for 5s. Before Bonus Heroes was implemented, the prior company retired a different set of 3s from Heroics each season. This gave us a higher chance to gain their covers. I actually liked that approach, and it could work for classic 5s. Alternatively, give us a recurring store where I can pick 2, and they pick 1. Perhaps one day we could see 5* tokens. I was not able to progress to 4* land until Legendary tokens was released.

• Iso Shortage: This is still an issue, at least for me because I am trying to play catch-up. I was excited to see the increased Iso in the current PVPs, but that is only temporary. I’ll never understand how $100 cannot even champ a 2*. The recent Iso sale of 780K for $100 made more sense. I still would not purchase it, but I could see players buying it at that rate than the current.

• Time Slices: This is more of a personal wish, but I know many EST players would agree, there is no good PVE time slice. It is either too early or too late. We use to have a 10PM EST time slice to align with the others at every 4 hours but the previous company randomly changed it to 11PM EST due to a survey that less than 50 players voted. I can find it if anyone is curious. I wish there was a better solution to time slices because I can be T20 the entire event but all it takes is a brief life moment and you'll be lucky to keep T100. Working your life around these specific time slices never been fun.

Overall, I am happy with the state of MPQ and I am confident the new company will take this game to better heights. Although the communication could always be better, I love the recurring Q&A! I have played a lot of games in my life, but I have never played a game as much as I have played MPQ. I look forward to the continued changes and quality of life improvements! Thank you for all these years!

Comments