Northstar got updated....

marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler

We should just have a huntdown on who's been updated in secret, and post it within here lol.

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

This is wild

• entrailbucket

I checked all the subpar 5* and didn't notice any other updates. There's no way I can run down all the 4* though.

That update actually sounds really fun! I wonder why they're not publicizing these at all?

• marvel075

@entrailbucket said:
    I checked all the subpar 5* and didn't notice any other updates. There's no way I can run down all the 4* though.

That update actually sounds really fun! I wonder why they're not publicizing these at all?

checked thru the 4 star "laskluster" ones like flaptin, taols, and puck, they haven't touched them yet

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm guessing a lot of the staff are on vacation for the end of the year, so they're posting these updates but don't have the people to announce them.
    We'll probably see some announcements next week.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards

We love the idea of these right up until the moment we face them with the new updated stats.

He already appears in a couple of annoying Puzzle Gauntlet nodes so I can only imagine how much more annoying they are going to be after this update.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

I like Northstar. I think I made a pseudo winfinite team with him, Coulson and someone else before. And his new black is going to help you create free match-3 to match-6 twice. You can choose who to turn invisible with his yellow and it should work nicely with 5* BP.

They should start buffing most of the DA characters or CN characters next.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@HoundofShadow said:
    You can choose who to turn invisible with his yellow and it should work nicely with 5* BP.

Northstar's yellow creates a countdown that grants one turn of invisibility while it's on the board, so 5* BP returns from invisible every turn to hit the enemy, then goes invisible again, while the countdown exists.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

@MoosePrime said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    You can choose who to turn invisible with his yellow and it should work nicely with 5* BP.

Northstar's yellow creates a countdown that grants one turn of invisibility while it's on the board, so 5* BP returns from invisible every turn to hit the enemy, then goes invisible again, while the countdown exists.

Wow. Might have to check that out.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker

So I guess we can expect another chain bundle with his pixelated costume as well?

• marvel075

@Bzhai said:
    So I guess we can expect another chain bundle with his pixelated costume as well?

IM SAYIN BROOO

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

These are all a bit weird being unannounced but then I guess we shouldn't complain about getting buffs. Northstar was always a strange kit so this probably doesn't move his needle much but if he actually does some reasonable damage now that is nice.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

That's a free 13k(?) passive every turn for 3 or 4 turns for the team of 5* BP and Northstar.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

My BP is at 255 but he does have 9 or 10 covers, I will give it a go.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

Tried BP5+NS today. I don't think it's viable against the current meta or anything, but it's a lot of fun.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@entrailbucket said:

Presumably the people who implement the reworks and the people who publicize them are different. And the latter group has been on holiday for a couple days while the former hasn't? Best explanation i can think of.

• entrailbucket

I wasn't trying to insult them or imply they're incompetent or whatever, I just think they're doing pretty great work with these and they should take some credit for it!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

It's definitely better than the other way around.