Affiliations Update

Options
helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor

It's taken me a while to update all the character affiliations but I finally finished. I did it all by hand so there's a better than slim chance I made at least one mistake, so please let me know if you think I missed or messed up any. But now that I'm finished, I figured I'd give out some awards:

The Katy Perry Award
For certain distinguished characters, they're hot and they're cold, they're yes and they're no, they're in and they're out, they're heroes AND they're Villains:
5* Archangel
4* Morbius
4* Nebula
4* Mysterio
4* Talos

The Nobody Wants to Be Associated with Me Award
These poor souls have the least affiliations, bagging only 2 each:
4* Namora (Heroes and Non-humans)
2* Moonstone (Villains and Dark Avengers)

The FOMO Award
Clocking in at 8 affiliations each:
1* Black Widow (Heroes, Enhanced, Avengers, Team Iron Man, A-Force, Thunderbolts, Champions, Red Room)
1* Venom (Enhanced, Villains, Team Iron Man, Spider-Verse, Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, H.A.M.M.E.R., Symbiotes)

The Table for One Award
These affiliations have exactly one character in the entire game assigned to each of them:
The Hand (4* Elektra)
Darkforce (4* Cloak & Dagger)
Maggia (4* Kingpin)

The Least Selective Team Award
The team affiliation with the most members:
Avengers with 80 (note Heroes and Enhanced had more affiliations but neither are considered teams)

The Civil War Award
The team with the most members of the two well know quarrelers:
Team Cap 73 vs Team Iron Man 50

The Rob Zombie More Human Than Human Award
To affiliations with the word human in them:
Non-human: 47
Inhuman: 7
Non-humanoids: 5

There are now 56 different affiliations in the game by the latest numbers, the full list is below. Happy New Year!

Total Affiliation
216 Heroes
96 Enhanced
80 Avengers
73 Team Cap
72 Villains
61 Mutants
50 Team Iron Man
49 X-Men
47 Non-humans
37 Street Level
34 Geniuses
31 Godlike
30 Technologists
26 A-Force
25 Cosmic
23 Supernatural
22 Defenders
22 S.H.I.E.L.D.
21 Spider-Verse
20 Multiversal
15 Thunderbolts
14 Sinister Six
13 Illuminati
13 Weapon X
12 Guardians of the Galaxy
12 Mercenaries
10 Asgardian
10 Champions
10 Gamma Mutates
9 Dark Avengers
9 Excalibur
9 Red Room
8 H.A.M.M.E.R.
8 Time Displaced
7 Brotherhood
7 Inhumans
7 Symbiotes
6 Fantastic Four
6 Wakanda
5 Midnight Sons
5 Non-humanoids
5 Pym Tech
4 Duos
4 Eternals
4 Heroes for Hire
4 Phoenix Force
4 Secret Warriors
4 Synthetic
4 Young Avengers
3 Runaways
2 Alpha Flight
2 Lightforce
2 S.W.O.R.D.
1 Darkforce
1 Maggia
1 The Hand

Tagged:

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is gold. Thanks for all your work.

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options

Where are these updated at? Is there a google sheet or something?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Can we add this to the FAQ page as well?

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was wondering if the PVE goons also have full affiliations, but I don't think it can be seen somewhere. For example, I'd guess that the Thugs and Muscles will also have the Maggia affiliation. But will they also be "Villains" or maybe "Street level"?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There are supports and powers that target goons or specific goons by name. Spider-Ham specifically stuns all enemy Minions, so we know all of them got "Minion" tag. Then, we have support that targets H.A.M.M.E.R. We also have supports thay target Villians by dealing extra damage to them. So, you can test out to see if all Minions take additional damage from such supports. If they do, we know they have Minions and Villians tag.

• DeNappa
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    There are supports and powers that target goons or specific goons by name. Spider-Ham specifically stuns all enemy Minions, so we know all of them got "Minion" tag. Then, we have support that targets H.A.M.M.E.R. We also have supports thay target Villians by dealing extra damage to them. So, you can test out to see if all Minions take additional damage from such supports. If they do, we know they have Minions and Villians tag.

Yeah, there is some extent to which this can be tested by players. But that information should be available somewhere, preferably in-game. On the character/minion cards and/or in a new character encyclopedia in-game somewhere.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Probably goons pose virtually zero threats, unless players overestimate their abilities to beat them. One interesting thing to test out is whether Deathlok affects Sentry Fighters and gang. If Deathlok reduces their aps passively, it could mean that the dev is updating their tags as well. And they probably reveal it along with Supports.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

it would be kind of cool if there were a Pokedex of sorts where you could go and look at all the character profiles and affiliations, even for unplayables like Gorgon etc.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Still not sure to this day why Gorgon never got released. Although he is more like a 4* to be honest.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Still not sure to this day why Gorgon never got released. Although he is more like a 4* to be honest.

He is a 4*! There's some way to see his character card in game... somewhere. I forgot. But he's so old now that he'd be one of the worst at that tier.

I don't know why we never got him. When we used to ask, the response we got was something like "he's too good for players to use" which...wasn't even true back then! If they released him now they'd have to buff him, which we probably don't want.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Pve screen where you hit "replay mission" shows the stars for characters.

• DeNappa
    edited January 2023
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Probably goons pose virtually zero threats, unless players overestimate their abilities to beat them. One interesting thing to test out is whether Deathlok affects Sentry Fighters and gang. If Deathlok reduces their aps passively, it could mean that the dev is updating their tags as well. And they probably reveal it along with Supports.

This totally depends on how far the player has advanced their roster. A 2*-3* transitioner can have a hard time against goon teams, and a bonus (or weakness) against an affiliation can make quite the difference.