**** Abomination (Emil Blonsky) ****

Comments

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler

@MoosePrime said:

@mani82 said:
    I also don’t understand how the next new five star is marked as retro hopefully he l be double fed by some other four star from day one along with abomination that s a good one .

I would guess this means that if you get him to 280 before the next 5* is released, you'll get a Legendary Token as the champion reward, then when the 5* is released, you'll get retroactive rewards. So you won't miss out on the cover or any shards by overleveling Abomination too soon.

Got it thanks 😊

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 95 Match Maker

I think the 5-Star will be A-Bomb.
    Mutated Rick Jones who became an abomination.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@Hammer3001 said:

Could you imagine if they did the Rick Jones / Del Frye merged gamma creature from Immortal Hulk?

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

Oh, no! I think I speak for everyone (because I'm that egocentric) when I say we expected Abomination to be a 5*.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

Yea i definitely thought he was gonna be the 5* that ended up being She-Hulk especially after they just released the 4* She-Hulk but I’ll take what I can get. I thought he should have been in MPQ long time ago.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards

@rainkingucd said:

@Hammer3001 said:

Could you imagine if they did the Rick Jones / Del Frye merged gamma creature from Immortal Hulk?

There's also the Abomination from Immortal Hulk with the claw-faces, who I believe is a different character (only read the 1st TPB).

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

@ZeiramMR said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Hammer3001 said:

There's also the Abomination from Immortal Hulk with the claw-faces, who I believe is a different character (only read the 1st TPB).

I think that was Rick Jones body with Abomination's skin / husk grafted to him. If I recall correctly....

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022

Just saw the cover you guys chose for Abomination. Why are you using an image from Ebay and having to put a black bar across to cover the artist signature and the barcode? Took me 5 seconds to get a cleaner version right from Marvel.com

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards

@SaltnPeppa said:
    Just saw the cover you guys chose for Abomination. Why are you using an image from Ebay and having to put a black bar across to cover the artist signature and the barcode? Took me 5 seconds to get a cleaner version right from Marvel.com

Omg, that's so weird

• demo8
    demo8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In

Am I missing something in the release schedule? Where's the PvE between Spider Silk and Strange Sights? If we truly have nothing but Welcome to Shield and PvP, wouldn't this have been a better place for last week's Boss event?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Who knows what the schedule really is, now that we're at the cutoff from the picture in the what's new thread.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

It’s more likely that the dates for Strange Sights were just typed in wrong.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler

@Xception81 said:
    It’s more likely that the dates for Strange Sights were just typed in wrong.

Yes, it would appear that way. Operation Spider Silk (OSS) is the new release event for Abomination, and the next PVE rewards his covers & shards in progression. We'll know for certain when the in-game preview appears after OSS. If it is Strange Sights, the correct dates for the event should be 1/2 - 1/5 (not 1/5 - 1/8).

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

Welp, I stand corrected. With no PVE running immediately after Operation Spider Silk, there is a break in the schedule. Unless there is a sudden change within the next few days, the next PVE isn't scheduled until January 5th... which is exactly what was originally posted :o

Who would've thunk that the dates were correct for Strange Sights? :D

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 95 Match Maker

Any idea which 5-star he’ll feed?

I thought it would be Wong.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hammer3001 said:

It is Wong but I don’t think it has been implemented yet.

• Bowgentle

@Sekilicious said:

@Hammer3001 said:

It is Wong but I don’t think it has been implemented yet.

Soooo... When can we expect the changeover, @IceIX ?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

Guessing tomorrow when his store drops

• Bowgentle

Ah. Probably a good guess, thank you.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm not sure I really like Abomination. I thought he would be more fun for some reason.