**** Deathlok (Michael Collins) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited December 2022 in Character Details

Deathlok (Michael Collins)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Defenders, S.H.I.E.L.D., Technologists, Enhanced

"A brilliant computer programmer specializing in AI driven prosthetics, Michael Collins was betrayed after he complained about his creations' ultimate use as weapons. He was then put into the cyborg weapons platform that he unwittingly helped design. While under the control of his new body's AI, Michael committed atrocities he could not stop. Now in control of one of the most advanced biological weapons platforms ever made, he puts his considerable strength to use for the forces of good as Deathlok."

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
4816 Health / 17837 Health

(PASSIVE) Deathlok focuses his destructive arsenal on a single target. Whenever Deathlok's team makes a Red or Blue match, he gains a Focus Point (Up to 10). Each Focus Point increases allied damage dealt to that target by 43. If Deathlok's team deals match damage to another target, he loses all Focus Points. (Max level 83 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 60 damage. (Max level 116 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 78 damage. (Max level 150 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 112 damage. (Max level 216 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 180 damage. (Max level 348 damage)

Deathlok's computing power can't see the future, but he can calculate it. Deals 1012 damage, ignoring Protect tiles, Invisibility, and Airborne. Deathlok then gains 333 burst health as he repositions. (Max level 1972 damage, 649 health)

(PASSIVE) At the start of each turn, for each friendly Synthetic or Technologist, gain 1 AP in the team's strongest 2 colors, and for each enemy Synthetic or Technologist, the enemy team loses 1 AP in theirs.

• Level 2: Deals 1417 damage, gains 466 burst health. (Max level 2761 damage, 909 health)
  • Level 3: Deals 1822 damage, gains 599 burst health. (Max level 3550 damage, 1168 health)
  • Level 4: Deals 2631 damage, gains 866 burst health. (Max level 5127 damage, 1687 health)
  • Level 5: Deals 4250 damage, gains 1399 burst health. (Max level 8282 damage, 2726 health)

Collins can unlock his Encephalonic AI - but at what cost? Choose a basic Black tile, creating a 3-turn Fortified Black Countdown tile that increases Deathlok's base Focus Points to 3 and at the start of each turn, deals 50% of Deathlok's Focus Point damage bonus to all other characters, ignoring Protect tiles, Invisibilty, and Airborne.

(PASSIVE) Deathlok's team takes 20% less damage from abilities that target a single character and 10% less damage from abilities that target multiples. While the AI has control, only Deathlok benefits from this passive.

• Level 2: Increases base Focus Points to 4, team takes 25% less direct damage and 15% less AoE damage.
  • Level 3: 4-turn Countdown tile, Increases base Focus Points to 5, team takes 30% less direct damage and 20% less AoE damage.
  • Level 4: Increases base Focus Points to 6, team takes 35% less direct damage and 25% less AoE damage.
  • Level 5: 5-turn Countdown tile, Increases base Focus Points to 7, team takes 40% less direct damage.

Feeder Update

Release Events
Story
Operation Spider Silk - 11/3 - 11/7
Deathlok (Michael Collins) Covers and Shards in Progression rewards
Event Tokens in Placement rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 11/6 - 11/11
Deathlok (Michael Collins) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

The Hunt: Oops, all Florida - 11/7 - 11/10
Deathlok (Michael Collins) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards
(JK about that all Florida. Your heart rate can now return to normal)

Versus
Black Panther (King) - Wakanda Forever - 11/3 - 11/7
Deathlok (Michael Collins) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Deathlok - Some Assimilation Required - 11/6 - 11/9
Deathlok (Michael Collins) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
Deathlok & Friends Vault - 11/6 - 11/11
80 Item Vault:

• 3x 4-Stars
  • 1x Deathlok cover
  • 1x Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) cover
  • 1x Random 4-Star cover
  • 7x Tokens
  • 1x Legendary token
  • 1x Mighty Token
  • 2x Heroic Tokens
  • 3x Beginner Support tokens
  • 6x Iso-8
  • 1x 5,000 Iso-8
  • 2x 2,500 Iso-8
  • 3x 1,000 Iso-8
  • 15x 3-Stars
  • 3x Black Panther (T'Challa) cover
  • 12x Random 3-Star covers
  • 49x 2-Stars
  • 10x Storm (Classic) cover
  • 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

This looks like a strong support.

I think everyone would be reminded of SC for the red passive. It's a guarantee you will lose Focus Points because you must attack another character if the target is downed unless you have enough aps to down the rest of the enemies.

The passive blue is a strong one. I interpret it as the maximum total number of ap gained per turn is 3. What is the maximum total number of aps player can gain per turn with this ability?

Black passive is also a strong one: 40% less direct damage and 25% less AoE damage. Blue + Black passive look like a tool for 4* players to mitigate the damage of Chasm/iHulk.

An obvious team would be someone with cheap stun to get stun lock. This 4* could fit well with pick-3 or even pick 2 for 5* team.

Even after reading the abilities, I still don't know who this is.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022

This looks like an excellent character depending on the final numbers for the Red passive. Definitely the Okoye/Apoc of the 4* tier.

Interesting to see a character who can hit Airborne. That's rarely.

@HoundofShadow: I interpret it as the AP gain can be between 2 (he's the only character that's in those 2 categories) and 6 (if all 3 characters fall into the category you'd gain 6 AP) since you gain AP in your 2 strongest colors (max 3 AP per color obviously). Plus potentially destroy 6 enemy AP if all 3 enemy characters fall into those categories. This is way more than Gambit ever did but of course requires team mates.

KGB

P.S. Why do I get the feeling that BRB, Polaris, Shang etc will somehow fall into AFF/AFF4 so that this character drains their AP.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Who in the world does it make sense to have fed by 3* punisher? I like that the new chart layout has the original 4* pointing to None to make it clear there is no change there.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022

Who in the world does it make sense to have fed by 3* punisher? I like that the new chart layout has the original 4* pointing to None to make it clear there is no change there.

I'm friends with alot of heroes! Jokes aside, maybe Microchip, but I just did a quick Google search of Punisher's friends and interestingly Werewolf by Night was on the list 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2022

Really surprised Cable is getting a second feeder when there's 5* that don't have a single one yet. (Like Abigail Brand, Big Wheel, Crystal, Elektra, Gamora, Gargantos, Kamala, Magneto, Moon Knight, Odin, Ronan, Sersi, Shang Chi or Daken.) Jean also ended up with a second one, but hers was changed to make more sense: 4* Jean feeding 5* Jean, while her prior Jubilee chain remained. So... maybe this is 4* Cable?

@KGB said:
    P.S. Why do I get the feeling that BRB, Polaris, Shang etc will somehow fall into AFF/AFF4 so that this character drains their AP.

Polaris does not care about being AP drained. Neither does undercovered BRB in 4* land, because he's exclusively used with Polaris. I wished they'd encourage teams centered around gathering AP instead of making passive AP drain more common. Because the top 4* meta teams are entirely passive and already don't care, so AP drain punishes everyone but the meta.

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler

"More than a man" who could that be? A new Inhuman? An Eternal, perhaps? lol

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler

Based on what their gameplay says. My best guesses are either Frankencastle. Or it is Capwolf.

Both would make sense in their own ways. The thing I can say for certain though. They have Castle and Cable as their feeders because this character is a veteran or a soldier. Both of the feeders are armed soldiers. So whoever this is is also one.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

@IceIX said:
    New Character (???)
    4-Star Rarity
    Affiliations: Heroes, AFF 2, AFF 3, AFF 4, AFF 5

Deals moderate damage, ignoring Protect tiles, Invisibility, and Airborne. CHARACTER then gains low burst health.

(PASSIVE) At the start of each turn, for each friendly AFF ? or AFF 4, gain 1 AP in the team's strongest 2 colors, and for each enemy AFF ? or AFF 4, the enemy team loses 1 AP in theirs.

• Level 2: Deals more damage, gains more burst health.
    • Level 3: Deals more damage, gains more burst health.
    • Level 4: Deals more damage, gains more burst health.
    • Level 5: Deals more damage, gains more burst health.

Does AFF ? mean an affinity other than the 5 that this character has?

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

@MoosePrime said:

@IceIX said:
    New Character (???)
    4-Star Rarity
    Affiliations: Heroes, AFF 2, AFF 3, AFF 4, AFF 5

Deals moderate damage, ignoring Protect tiles, Invisibility, and Airborne. CHARACTER then gains low burst health.

(PASSIVE) At the start of each turn, for each friendly AFF ? or AFF 4, gain 1 AP in the team's strongest 2 colors, and for each enemy AFF ? or AFF 4, the enemy team loses 1 AP in theirs.

• Level 2: Deals more damage, gains more burst health.
    • Level 3: Deals more damage, gains more burst health.
    • Level 4: Deals more damage, gains more burst health.
    • Level 5: Deals more damage, gains more burst health.

Does AFF ? mean an affinity other than the 5 that this character has?

Correct

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 95 Match Maker

What we all really want to know is if November’s 3/5 Star is going to be Namor or the new Black Panther; whomever it turns out to be.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Deathlok was on the poll that got us Black Knight wasn’t he?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Deathlok seems to be the most logical and probable choice.

We'll have 2 5* that have double feeders: Kitty and Cable. It also happens that both was released in 2018. Are we expecting a Cable buff coming soon?

Regardless, this is a really good support. However, I suspect that it won't reduce damage from random attacks like 4* MoonKnight's green power because it doesn't specify a target.

Also, I wonder if this damage reduction stacks with Wanda or Electro.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 95 Match Maker

Could be Punisher 2099. He’s turned up recently.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

The damage per focus point dealt shouldn't be too high being a 4*. Still paired with Karnak they could be a powerful duo on their tier.
    That supporting passive gaining or decreasing AP can be of the most help but it will depend on how inclusive it's. I suppose SC will be out of it.
    Cable having 2 feeders is surprising. Now he needs a rebalance for having some use outside godboost.
    This character seem really fun to play and useful for any tier.

• Thorodis0n
    Thorodis0n Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

Only new character will be feeder of cable, not punicher4.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022

@HoundofShadow said:
    Deathlok seems to be the most logical and probable choice.

We'll have 2 5* that have double feeders: Kitty and Cable. It also happens that both was released in 2018. Are we expecting a Cable buff coming soon?

Regardless, this is a really good support. However, I suspect that it won't reduce damage from random attacks like 4* MoonKnight's green power because it doesn't specify a target.

Also, I wonder if this damage reduction stacks with Wanda or Electro.

3 actually. Jean Grey is also double fed (Jubilee and Teen Jean)

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hammer3001 said:
    What we all really want to know is if November’s 3/5 Star is going to be Namor or the new Black Panther; whomever it turns out to be.

Well, marketing has essentially spoiled it, though I won't say more for the sake of the people who haven't had it spoiled yet.

There's also Riri. All three are good candidates for having an MCU version from this film (Namor, Riri's first suit, and the new Black Panther), as well as comic versions (comic Namor's black suit, the pink Ironheart armor, and a comic version of the new Black Panther).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see several releases from Wakanda Forever, 4's too.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards

Wonder i got 2 3 star punishers one level 266 one level 241

seems we get rewards at
    183 cover
    215 100 shards
    219 100 shards
    223 200 shards
    255 100 shards
    259 100 shards
    265 200 shards

one pushier will get me cover + 800 shards and other would get me cover 400 shards so as soon as this goes live 2 covers + 1200 shards nice

unless im wrong

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker

Am I reading the black correctly that it does the same amount of damage to both allies and enemies? Previous self damage has always been less for allies than enemies.