Remove Point Deduction from S.H.I.E.L.D. Tournament

Options
Elleby
Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
IceX:

Could the point deductions on losses please be removed from the S.H.I.E.L.D. Tournament? I am attempting to participate in the tournament for the rewards, but I fear I will never reach them. Each time I log in I get messages that I have had points deducted, usually more points then I earn in my average playtime. Looking at the Top Ranked shows that the highest person is only in the low 1300s, which means the higher rewards are out of reach for everybody. Is that what you intended, for the prizes to be unobtainable for everybody?

I can understand the logic behind the deductions in the other tournaments, as there is a set end time and you are in essence pushing your opponents down so that you are in a higher position. In contrast, the S.H.I.E.L.D. Tournament there has no end, meaning that position holds no relevance and hence the artificial jockeying for position just becomes an endless source of frustration.

I feel like King Sisyphus of Ephyra, who was punished for all eternity by being forced to push a boulder uphill everyday just to have the boulder roll back down hill overnight. When your game has a mechanic that makes someone feel like that are doing punishments from the bowels of Hades then it might be time to reevaluate that game mechanic.

Thanks for your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,
Elleby

Comments

• As you said yourself ST has no end, so sooner or later we will get there. The top is slowly, but steadily progressing higher and higher.
    I know that rewards are not really that great in long run any more, however, it's the side effect of overhaul of talent system and lack of update of rewards in ST.

Cheers for Greek mythology reference icon_mrgreen.gif
  • MaTThZero
    MaTThZero Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    honestly... id rather have progression rewards to up to 100k points than spend 2 years going up 10 points down 9 points just to get that one cover i might actually already have.
    I believe iceX can actually gather the data about how many ppl actually play the shield tournament vs the other featured ones and see that one is not that active.
  • MaTThZero wrote:
    honestly... id rather have progression rewards to up to 100k points than spend 2 years going up 10 points down 9 points just to get that one cover i might actually already have.
    I believe iceX can actually gather the data about how many ppl actually play the shield tournament vs the other featured ones and see that one is not that active.
    I don't play it because there's always a featured tourney goin on. And if there's no featured, I just take a break. If the format for SHIELD changed up, I'd consider playing it, but I think it's just meant as an intro/throwaway mode.
  • I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
    A 1* Hawkeye cover at 1400 points is... Hilarious? icon_e_confused.gif
  • I think it is a good suggestion, even if it means resetting the entire bracket and changing the reward values. At least then you could mess with it when there wasn't something else going on you wanted to do and always be working toward some goal, even if distant. Right now, unless you are farming iso there, there's little incentive to participate.
  • I only did it a few times, but stopped as soon as I saw how many points you needed to get to 2* covers and how many points the top player had. I'm not going back there for a while.
  • only did it because i have no fb account for mpq icon_cry.gif
    yes, it is hilarious. the highest i see is 1406, then i take the throne couple times, and someone claim it in just couple of hours icon_lol.gif
    there is no progress i think
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was constantly getting attacked in this tournament but I think it was because the tournament saved my old team for defense and they were easy points. I have since changed it to my most leveled up team and now, now I don't see that random 'attacked in SHIELD tournament' pop up no more.

I def agree tho, since everything else has had an overhaul, this tournament needs one too, with much better progression prizes.
  • I also do not enjoy playing in Hades' bowels...

I of course deal with the same issue, but for some reason it's not so frustrating for me. I find that when there are other tournaments going on, that's an ideal time to make your climb up the SHIELD ladder. Everybody else is occupied with the other tournies. I know I myself am like this. If I'm focusing on the Avengengers arena and I get notified that I've lost 50 points in SHIELD, I'm like bah whatever, I'll deal with it later. I only have so many high level characters. I can't deal with Avengers, 1-Star, SHIELD and Heroic at the same time.
  • As the introductory tournament, it seems like it's mostly going to depress and discourage new players, not get them to stay in the game.
  • Maybe for this tournament they should come up with some sort of handicapping system amd no one loses points, but you win points based on power differential. So you can bring in your top team and spank people, but won't get as many points per match.
  • if u keep on losing u actually stop losing points

i keep getting notifications of being defeated in SHIELD tourney but have been stuck at like 270