Chasm had enough monkey business

Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

The challenge this time is to take down the dreaded zombie team with a just champed 3*.
It wasn't easy at all.
https://youtu.be/t2jhG6hmlVU

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

Can't wait to see the nerf hit monkey threads.

It really shouldn't be easy to take down 3 good 5s with 2 good 5s and a 3*.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@revskip said:

No need for the actual guy, his team up will do.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@revskip said:

It's easy to take down three good 5s just with ShangChi + two 3*s, yet nobody is calling to nerf him.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 152 Tile Toppler

If Shang can do that on defence he will be nerfed to oblivion on defence that team is cheese balls with spring rolls for hungry opposition

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards

Interesting to see that in an attempt to revive Chasm does destroy all the abyss tiles.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

Nerfs ain’t coming on this. If Punisher is still running around with his knockout this won’t matter at all.

It is clearly useless for the tier but has uses as an alliance tu send.

He only targets a tiny part and if you are facing off against him without a villain the only real problem in 5* tier is the damage per ap. Which is unnaturally high.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

when can you draw hit monkey in LL im guessing it wont be till Mid Jan since they said a longer offseason

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 174 Tile Toppler

@slidecage said:
    when can you draw hit monkey in LL im guessing it wont be till Mid Jan since they said a longer offseason

I suspect more like February, since Riri isn’t hitting LL until the beginning of January.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

As it can be seen apocalypse is filling a slot for making effective the monkey business 3500 damage which probably SW makes for 5000.
    The champed monkey version will deal 22k. Then I don't know if against chasm it will be 30k and then SW with 10 red AP will make for 45k. If that's not the case in the order of operations, it will be less, ~38k.
    Then it will be really easy to deal with chasm as he auto damages himself.
    By the way, and if someone did worder about it, the 5* monkey is the perfect partner for SC, always providing purple, so I'm pulling for the monkey like if there wasn't tomorrow.

• mani82
    edited December 2022

If the opponent has strongest purple Color he can provide red tiles extra on board as well

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bad said:
    As it can be seen apocalypse is filling a slot for making effective the monkey business 3500 damage which probably SW makes for 5000.
    The champed monkey version will deal 22k. Then I don't know if against chasm it will be 30k and then SW with 10 red AP will make for 45k. If that's not the case in the order of operations, it will be less, ~38k.
    By the way, and if someone did worder about it, the 5* monkey is the perfect partner for SC, always providing purple, so I'm pulling for the monkey like if there wasn't tomorrow.

I don’t like him with Shang, takes away the red for purple and I’ve found it makes him harder to heal and have board control, sure you get more purple but I then need more health packs. Even running half thor too I’ve found the last two pvp a pain to get red.

• mani82
    edited December 2022

@Tony_Foot said:

@Bad said:

I don’t like him with Shang, takes away the red for purple and I’ve found it makes him harder to heal and have board control, sure you get more purple but I then need more health packs. Even running half thor too I’ve found the last two pvp a pain to get red.

It is only the three star version that generates only pink the five star version can create either red or pink .If opponent s strong Color is red he l create only purple and likewise so use him against a purple strong Color and get plenty of red

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Here's an important note regarding his passive tile convert: it's based on enemy team strongest colour, and not enemy strongest colour. If you play against Chasm/iHulk, it will be black in the beginning. If iHulk revives enough to tank over Chasm, it will switch to green mid-game.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@mani82 said:

It is only the three star version that generates only pink the five star version can create either red or pink .If opponent s strong Color is red he l create only purple and likewise so use him against a purple strong Color and get plenty of red

I used Shang, Thor and 5* monkey just now for 6 straight matches and only got red to pink change. For my last match I used she hulk and chasm and only got red to pink. I’m seeing no red tiles at all because as you said the other team has red as strongest. So not that useful with Shang teams for me.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@HoundofShadow said:
    Here's an important note regarding his passive tile convert: it's based on enemy team strongest colour, and not enemy strongest colour. If you play against Chasm/iHulk, it will be black in the beginning. If iHulk revives enough to tank over Chasm, it will switch to green mid-game.

Well that would depend on the levels of enemy hulk and Chasm. You could very well start the match with hulk's green being strongest color.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

That's true. It's a rare sight to see Chasm's match damage being lower than iHulk at the beginning though.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    Nerfs ain’t coming on this. If Punisher is still running around with his knockout this won’t matter at all.

He only targets a tiny part and if you are facing off against him without a villain the only real problem in 5* tier is the damage per ap. Which is unnaturally high.

3* Punisher being able to take out Galactus with his knockout was the best thing to ever happen in this game.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@MegaBee said:

@dianetics said:

3* Punisher being able to take out Galactus with his knockout was the best thing to ever happen in this game.

Ha, I remember way back in the day when boosted events were new and 60k enemy health seemed like a huge amount (I think this was pre-champion system but I haven't checked the dates). 3* was a mainstay option for non-whale rosters that wanted to compete in rounds 7 and 8 of the early boss events (ultron and civil war, etc)

And back on topic I don't see hit monkey's auto drop ability being a major balance issue. It's active and not especially cheap and it's rarely going to work on full health or near full health targets. To be honest I don't even know if it will help all that much against chasm given the difficult of ap collection with abyss tiles.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@IrisRyu said:

@slidecage said:

I suspect more like February, since Riri isn’t hitting LL until the beginning of January.

guess so Boss event late Jan LL mid feb

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

@killahKlown said:

@revskip said:

It's easy to take down three good 5s just with ShangChi + two 3*s, yet nobody is calling to nerf him.

There were definitely calls to nerf Shang early on. Thankfully it didn't happen. Buffs and counters > nerfs.