*** Hit-Monkey (Mercenary Hitman) ***

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited January 2023 in Character Details

Hit-Monkey (Mercenary Hitman)
3-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Mercenaries, S.H.I.E.L.D., Non-humans

"Ha! It's a monkey! In a suit! ... what? Ahh, nooooo!" - Last words, Unknown Assassin

A not uncommon reaction to being one of Hit-Monkey's targets.

Hailing from the snowy regions of Japan and guided by the ghost of his assassin mentor, Hit-Monkey tracks and puts an end to those that harm the innocent. Highly skilled at both close combat and firearms, Hit-Monkey is an assassin's assassin. Literally."

(Abilities listed at level 40, followed by 166)
1983 Health / 7565 Health
 7 | 22 | 6 | 25 | 7 | 19 | 14 | 3.0x
 12 | 70 | 11 | 79 | 13 | 61 | 41 | 3.0x

Simian Speed - 6  AP
Create a 1-turn Invisibility Countdown tile; If Hit-Monkey makes a match or uses an ability while Invisible, he deals 345 bonus damage to the target and becomes visible; otherwise, when the Countdown tiles expire, Hit-Monkey deals 134 damage to the enemy team and becomes visible. (Max level 1078/417 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 424 target damage, 178 team damage. (Max level 1326/555 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 500 target damage, 224 team damage. (Max level 1563/696 damage)
  • Level 4: Create a 2-turn Invisibility Countdown tile. Deals 611 target damage, 251 team damage. (Max level 1908/801 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 918 target damage, 469 team damage. (Max level 2867/1460 damage)
Monkey Business - 7  AP
Hit-Monkey gets down to business, and business is good. Guns blazing, he deals 407 damage to the target. Enemies downed by this damage cannot return from downed through their own abilities. (Max level 1269 damage)

(PASSIVE) Hit-Monkey's a professional, he's got a code: he deals 10% increased damage to Villains, and any damage he deals to Villains automatically downs them if they have less than 15% health.
  • Level 2: Deals 492 damage to the target. 15% increased damage to Villains. (Max level 1535 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 570 damage to the target. 20% increased damage to Villains. (Max level 1777 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 737 damage to the target. 25% increased damage to Villains. (Max level 2297 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1070 damage to the target. 30% increased damage to Villains. (Max level 3337 damage)
OW OW That STINGS - 5  AP
Spooky spectre with a side of salt! Bryce causes a little chaos; drain all Team-Up AP, destroying 3 random enemy AP, plus 1 per 3 Team-Up AP drained.

(PASSIVE) Bryce doesn't just haunt Monkey, he haunts the board: At the beginning of the player's turn, Bryce converts the color of a random tile in the enemy's strongest color into Hit-Monkey's strongest color. Supernatural enemies deal 10% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
  • Level 2: Plus 2 per 3 Team-Up AP drained. Supernatural enemies deal 12% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
  • Level 3: Destroying 4 random enemy AP. Supernatural enemies deal 15% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
  • Level 4: Supernatural enemies deal 18% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
  • Level 5: Destroying 5 random enemy AP. Supernatural enemies deal 25% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Release Events

Story

The Hunt: Florida - 12/15 - 12/18

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Shards + Cover Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Fight For Wakanda - 12/18 - 12/22

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Shards in Progression rewards

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Legendary Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Versus

Ook? EHK! - Hit Monkey (Mercenary) - 12/15 - 12/19

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) shards as Placement rewards

Don't Get Macaque-y - Hit Monkey (EDI Suit) - 12/18 - 12/21

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Offers

Jacket and Tie Required Store - 12/15 - 12/18

Chance to get Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Vengeance Vault - 12/22 - 12/25

December 22, 2022, 09:00am - December 25, 2022, 09:00pm

Chance to get Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

40 Items:

○      1x Sharp Dressed Monkey Legendary Store Token

○      1x 4-Star Negasonic (Modern) cover

○      3x Random 3-Star covers

○      6x Heroic tokens

○      4x 2500 Iso

○      6x 1000 Iso

○      5x 500 Iso

○      14x Two stars

Sharp Dressed Monkey Legendary Store - 12/22 - 12/25

15% chance to get Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), and Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)

Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Will the AP destruction drain over multiple AP color pools?

One of the peeves I have with many "destroy AP in random color" powers is that it often chooses only one color and sticks with it. It wouldn't be cool if your drained a bank of (say) 15 TU ap expecting it to destroy 3+5 AP, but then chooses an enemy color that has only 1 AP in it.

So I feel this power should either destroy AP around the board, or (if it is single-color) destroy 3 AP as a baseline and after that consume 3 Team-Up AP per extra AP destroyed until it reaches 0 on either side.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Will the 3* version be immediately available in packs? I forgot if they announced that's how they all will work or if it was an intro thing.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Will the 3* version be immediately available in packs? I forgot if they announced that's how they all will work or if it was an intro thing.

I think it will be for all of them, the last two were available (at 12x odds) pretty much immediately. I'm hoarding so I can play with a near-complete one, myself.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I find it a little bit odd they left on the down killing aspect for 3s. Since there are no rooms in the 3 tier that revive, and very few in the 4* tier.
    Pretty much a waste of power budget on this character.

• dianetics
    Options

Yeah there are some use cases, as long as the AFF matches up. We will see. Maybe a player outside his tier but I don’t think he/she will be an in tier star like Arcade is.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

@dianetics said:
    I find it a little bit odd they left on the down killing aspect for 3s. Since there are no rooms in the 3 tier that revive, and very few in the 4* tier.

You'll be glad when he's the essential 3* in PvP and both Chasm and iHulk are boosted... 😉

Will he? With 3* health, iHulk is putting this character down quickly.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It depends on which affiliation is 4 and 5 as this character could bully a wide amount of characters.
    The chahulk counter on 3* tier means the chahulk meta is abusive on 4* tier too.
    This 3* version has the difference on draining TU for greater AP destroy, which is not the best feature, still to covert one tile into purple each turn can be helpful for the allies.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

Should the second half of the red power be passive, like it is on the 5* version?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@Scofie said:

@dianetics said:

You'll be glad when he's the essential 3* in PvP and both Chasm and iHulk are boosted... 😉

Will he? With 3* health, iHulk is putting this character down quickly.

Killjoy. 🤣

• dianetics
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    Should the second half of the red power be passive, like it is on the 5* version?

Good question but I'm not so sure it will/should be since this toon is 2 tiers lower than the 5*.

I think they should have ditched the killing reviver mechanic for bonus damage against low health enemies honestly. For the tier it makes sense.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

And, we're revealed! The newest character to come to MPQ is Hit-Monkey! Here in 3-Star form is his tux and blue tie rockin' Hitman persona.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited December 2022
    Options

@dianetics said:

I get what you mean, especially when PvE has no reviving enemies (maybe it does on Challenge Nodes? I wouldnt know). But on the other hand, it makes it easy to have that red power as TU (tho the damage could be too low).

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Does his TU work against Chasm? It isn’t broken like Silver Surfer black?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

I'm not sure if this is a bug. What happens is that both Chasm and She-Hulk will trigger their revive passive: destruction of Abyss tiles and destruction of random columns respectively. However, they won't revive, and it doesn't trigger iHulk's passive.

Here's the video of She-Hulk's passive going off even though she's downed.

https://streamable.com/kfiuty

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I have champed 3* Hit Monkey today and tried him in a few nodes. I noticed that when I use his purple and then use his red it looks like he first does damage from the red power, then the purple countdown vanishes and he does team damage. Is this as it should be?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@MadScientist said:
    I have champed 3* Hit Monkey today and tried him in a few nodes. I noticed that when I use his purple and then use his red it looks like he first does damage from the red power, then the purple countdown vanishes and he does team damage. Is this as it should be?

Yes:

@IceIX said:
    Simian Speed - 6 
    Create a 1-turn Invisibility Countdown tile; If Hit-Monkey makes a match or uses an ability while Invisible, he deals 345 bonus damage to the target and becomes visible; otherwise, when the Countdown tiles expire, Hit-Monkey deals 134 damage to the enemy team and becomes visible.

When you use a power while he is invisible, he will become visible again.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

After climbing to float in HM’s PvP he makes a good partner for Chasm + mThor, though would be better if his red was green instead. His black is surprisingly good as a battery for Shang-Chi as well. With Chasm + iHulk, HM and hulk changed the board to pink (sometimes red I’m not sure why, feeling festive maybe) and green.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hit monkey creates either pink or red depending on the opposition strongest Color if they have pink as strong Color he makes red instead

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

@MadScientist said:

Wow champed him already.. I've only pulled 4 covers 🤣🤣