Character Update - Black Panther (King of Wakanda) (12/1)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited December 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Black Panther, the King of Wakanda, has gained a bit of an upgrade to his vibranium suit. As well as having a new retro look available, he's sharpened up his claws and refined his protective martial arts to become the best King of Wakanda he can be!

Protector of Wakanda - 7 Yellow AP
Creates a 2 turn Yellow Repeater tile that creates 2-3 (random) Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles of strength 25-113. If there is another ally in the fight, Fortify those tiles. If two other allies are in the fight, generate tiles of strength 38-171. (Max level 49-221, 73-329 strength)
Update: Yellow Repeater tile is now Fortified, and now always generates 3 tiles (one of each type)

Kinetic Shield - 8 Blue AP
Create 2-4 strength 21-64 Fortified Protect tiles.
(PASSIVE) Whenever you match a friendly Protect tile, deal 32-134 damage for each friendly Protect tile on the board (up to 8) (max level strength 41-125, 63-265 damage)
Update: Passive now deals damage on any Protect tile matched or destroyed

By Tooth and Claw - 10 Red AP
Deals 660-2772 damage and increase strength of Fortified SAP tiles by 35-147 (max level 1285-5397 damage, 68-286 increase)
Update: Level 70 base damage increased to 824, scalar updated for increased damage at max level. This reduces level 70 damage to 2142 at level 5, but causes level 270 damage to increase to 3014-7836.
Update 2: Standard SAP tiles are also increased by 50% of the Fortified tile increase.

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2022

Interesting buff. The blue change seems especially appealing. He really looks like an interesting partner for Polaris -- but then, who doesn't? He's still fiddly, but this is a definite improvement for people who want to puzzle it out with him.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker

@IceIX said:

Creates a 2 turn Yellow Repeater tile that creates 2-3 (random) Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles of strength 25-113. If there is another ally in the fight, Fortify those tiles. If two other allies are in the fight, generate tiles of strength 38-171. (Max level 49-221, 73-329 strength)
    Update: Yellow Repeater tile is now Fortified.

Now if only the SAPs were one of each type instead of random... ;)

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin

@ShionSinX said:

@IceIX said:

Update: Yellow Repeater tile is now Fortified.

Now if only the SAPs were one of each type instead of random... ;)

D'oh. Actually, they are! I just totally scanned over that part when transcribing the ability.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker

I like playing him with shuri in the dailies and the buff to yellow will make it more satisfying. 5* Captain Marvel needs the same treatment of fortified repeaters.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Cool! He was already good in my opinion, so now that much better.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

If the protect tiles are fortified, I don't think it triggers the damage component. I remember that destroying a fortified tile destroys only the fortification, and not the tile. It has been a long time since I played this particular synergy, so I might be wrong.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

His blue and yellow increases the number of characters he is good with. Yellow you can run him with Shuri and Heimdall for fortified goodness. If you running him with Apoc and Polaris/BRB the yellow will never be fired for the reasons stated.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

I just re-read his yellow and it says it will always generate 3 fortified tiles, with one of each type. It reminds me of 4* Prof X's passive where he creates one of each tile type everytime ally fires a power.

He should also be good with 4* Defender because they do more damage if there are fortified special tiles. Misty Knight can be the final nuke of the team and also heals her allies for fortified tiles matched or destroyed . She deals additional damage based on the number of fortified tiles, potentially 54-64 fortified tiles. But she will remove them after dealing the damage.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I like him with Apocalypse and Kamala these days, since both he and Kamala do chip damage when the protects get matched. When he is boosted he hits pretty hard actually.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards

hopefully 5* BP gets a rework soon too. he does next to nothing.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I like him with Apocalypse and Kamala these days, since both he and Kamala do chip damage when the protects get matched. When he is boosted he hits pretty hard actually.

Him apoc and polaris are good aswel