**** Namora (Origin) ****

Options

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@AlexR

Your numbers are essentially what I guesstimated in an earlier post. Very underwhelming and you need to fire her Green at least once just to destroy the protects to get the bonus damage from destroying them so in essence you need to fire it twice to get a benefit.

If it was match/destroy protects then at least you could generate some bonus damage that way while acquiring AP to fire her powers.

She's on par with Puck which is a shame because while every character can't be Polaris, none at this point should be Puck level.

KGB

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

I do respect that weak characters feed good ones though - the old Magikarp to Gyardos trade off.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

Not seeing anything that excites me about the character…Art, powers, anything…though I’m sure someone out there is happy to have her in the game. Congrats to them.

but…

If she opens the door for Namorita leading into New Warriors affiliated characters, I’d be fine with that. Speedball could even have a New Warriors 3* and Thunderbolts 5*.

Ignore me, I’m just feeling nostalgic at the moment.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

It's really impressive how ready you are to rework based on feedback.
    Of course it's easier pre-release, but still - I can't imagine Demiurge being so fast in going "hmm, maybe our ideas were wrong".
    Kudos!
    I remember a lot of threads where people pointed out why a lot of new releases were bad, and nothing ever came of it.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nice! I wasn't too fussed but I will likely try for a few covers now with this re-work. :)

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thank you! Seriously, I'm also super impressed with how willing you guys are to take a second look. <3

New red sounds awesome and much better. And yeah, agreed on the traps looking fine as-is.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Of course it's easier pre-release, but still - I can't imagine Demiurge being so fast in going "hmm, maybe our ideas were wrong".
    Kudos!
    I remember a lot of threads where people pointed out why a lot of new releases were bad, and nothing ever came of it.

No need to kick demi when they aren't even here. All things considered. They did a great job developing this game for the better part of a decade, even if they weren't perfect and perhaps had fewer resources devoted to the game near the end.

That said, BCS has certainly had an impressive first 6 months, showing a willingness to try new things, reverse course when necessary, and generally exceeding my (admittedly low) expectations.

I'm glad to see them revise namora so quickly when she was clearly about to launch as roster trash. Now she is just in the vast 4* middle class with ~100 friends (which brings its own challenges as discussed elsewhere on the forums).

You have probably left yourself open for a "Demi were never even here..." joke...

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Great! It's wise men's trait to consider advices.
    Namora and deathlok sure will make for a dangerous duo on 4* tier.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Gotta say I'm not a big fan of the cover chosen on this one. I love swimsuit clad floating ladies as much as the next swimsuit clad floating lady loving guy but that cover is a bit tacky and seems miles away from the in game art. It is like something Playboy magazine would have looked at and said "Ew, too sleazy".

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Kudos!

Exactly this. I can only imagine how much more usable 5 star Magneto would be if all of the feedback about how underwhelming he obviously was had been listened to and adjustments been made.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Kudos!

Exactly this. I can only imagine how much more usable 5 star Magneto would be if all of the feedback about how underwhelming he obviously was had been listened to and adjustments been made.

It's much lower risk to pre-release tinker with the 130th odd member of the second rank than it is to do the same with the 40th (?) odd member of the premier endgame rank. I can sort of see why demi was cautious. But from a player perspective I have certainly enjoyed the pro-activity of BCS.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Her trap tiles are placed randomly on red/green/purple and can be a combination of 2 or 3 colours.

If there's a blue trap tile, it won't add 6% to her ability.

I can't be sure about this observation but it seems like her trap tiles when matched, seems to have a high probability of converting basic tile that is near other blue tiles.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    It's much lower risk to pre-release tinker with the 130th odd member of the second rank than it is to do the same with the 40th (?) odd member of the premier endgame rank. I can sort of see what demin was cautious. But prom a player perspective I have certainly enjoyed the pro-activity of BCS.

It's not like it was different for the likes of 4* Emma Frost and Talos, whose release threads were full of "oh no they bad please buff". :p

Having now played with Namora in Shield Training, I'm definitely glad for the buff. She plays well like this (without giving me any trouble on defense, either). I like her.

Shield Training also pairs her with Namor. And, that's another area where the buff helps: She's now a little bit more compatible with Namor than pre-buff. (Namor's main contribution to synergy with her is his purple making blue tiles, but before the buff, purple was Namora's only decent color. Now, she can fire red while he makes blue tiles for her with purple.) And it's great to see Namor's buff shining here, too!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Namora’s shield training requiring First Avenger Cap really hangs a hat on my guy needing a booster shot of that super soldier serum. 11 red AP to do <8,000 damage? 10 Yellow to do…a bunch of flavor text with no mechanical information? I hope he is on the list lol.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Namora’s shield training requiring First Avenger Cap really hangs a hat on my guy needing a booster shot of that super soldier serum. 11 red AP to do <8,000 damage? 10 Yellow to do…a bunch of flavor text with no mechanical information? I hope he is on the list lol.

Yeah, he's pretty bad. He was my first champed 5*, so in the beginning I used him more often. Now only in instances like these when he's needed.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Dogface said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Yeah, he's pretty bad. He was my first champed 5*, so in the beginning I used him more often. Now only in instances like these when he's needed.

He's just there to absorb some damage.

Namora + Valk did all the work for me and I never came close to firing any of his powers.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

All he needs is to have the same or bettee power of Nick Fury's yellow to become an instant top tier AoE counter team with Electro. Nick Fury's yellow stuns the target for 2 turns and creates 3 critical tiles, whereas this Cap stuns a random enemy for 2 turns and creates a bunch of stuffs.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

Did anyone else's Namora and Friends vault reset?

Sorry, will add to bugs forum.