Character Update (11/25) - Namor (The Sub-Mariner) (UPDATE 11/28)

2»

Comments

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

@IceIX said:
    Making an update to Namor's Black after feedback, should be going Live with this evening's data patch. Namor's Mercy should be 100% less merciful in the damage department.

Well then. That changes things! A drawback like this is a lot easier to swallow on a 4star 10k ability than on a 5k ability. Thank you for the update!

He's still slow, but at least he now hits hard across the board. Pair him with a battery, he'll dish out some nice damage. 5/3/5 and 3/5/5 both look very viable now. (personally I'd keep purple@5 because otherwise he'll only convert 3 tiles to blue which is not a lot, but ymmv.)

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

For a 4*, that black now packs a punch. I withdraw my initial criticism.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd be curious if anyone from the design team would care to weigh in on the point of that black feeding the enemy that much strong color AP. I kind of feel like the original implimentation was a joke based on the flavor text, but now it's a significant gift.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022

At level 5 now my lvl353 Namor's black is doing 19278

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

This additional change to black is much more palatable. It gives him a nuke on par with the best heavy hitters in the tier. Probably even giving me thought about taking him during his 4* boosted phase. When boosted he is going to be hitting pretty hard with the black.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler

@IceIX

Going from Level 3 Black ability to Level 4: The subtitle for the upgrade reads "... and DESTROY 4 AP in the enemy's ..."
    When you upgrade to Level 4, the ability now reads "... Then the enemy team GAINS 4 AP in their strongest color."

Something the team may have missed.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards

@axmoss said:
    @IceIX

Going from Level 3 Black ability to Level 4: The subtitle for the upgrade reads "... and DESTROY 4 AP in the enemy's ..."
    When you upgrade to Level 4, the ability now reads "... Then the enemy team GAINS 4 AP in their strongest color."

Yeah, I commented on that a while ago...no response as to which one should be correct. We know which one is currently in the character's toolbox, though.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

@axmoss said:
    @IceIX

Pure miss. It used to destroy AP, now gives AP.