Affiliations Updates (11/24/22)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited November 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Along with the feeder updates, we're also planning another batch of Affiliations updates to go into the game as of 11/24! I'll get right to it.

1-Stars
Juggernaut (Classic): Villains, Brotherhood, Thunderbolts, Enhanced
Spider-Man (Original): Heroes, Spider-Verse, Team Iron Man, Enhanced, Geniuses

2-Stars
Daken (Dark Avengers): Villains, Dark Avengers, Mutants, Weapon X, H.A.M.M.E.R.
Spider-Man (Bag-Man): Heroes, Spider-Verse, Fantastic Four, Team Iron Man, Enhanced, Geniuses
Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men): Heroes, X-Men, Avengers, Mutants, Team Cap, Weapon X, Enhanced

3-Stars
Angel (All-New X-Men): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Time Displaced
Beast (Classic): Heroes, X-Men, Avengers, Mutants, Illuminati, Geniuses
Colossus (Classic): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Defenders, Team Cap
Daken (Classic): Villains, Mutants, Weapon X
Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel): Heroes, Avengers, Champions, Team Cap, Inhumans, Secret Warriors, A-Force
Magneto (Classic): Villains, Mutants, Brotherhood
Mystique (Raven Darkholme): Villains, Mutants, Brotherhood
Spider-Man (Classic): Heroes, Spider-Verse, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Enhanced, Geniuses
Storm (Modern): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Team Cap, A-Force
Wolverine (Patch): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Weapon X, Enhanced

4-Stars
Beast (Age of Apocalypse): Villains, Mutants, Brotherhood, Geniuses, Multiversal
Bishop (Classic): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Team Iron Man, Multiversal, Time Displaced
Blob (Modern): Villains, Mutants, Brotherhood, Multiversal
Dazzler (Classic): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, A-Force, Excalibur
Iceman (All-New X-Men): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, TIme Displaced
Jean Grey (All-New X-Men): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, TIme Displaced
Jubilee (Uncanny X-Men): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Excalibur
Juggernaut (Fear Itself): Villains, X-Men, Godlike, Cosmic, Enhanced
Kate Pryde (Marauders): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Team Cap
Legion (David Haller): Heroes, Mutants, X-Men, Godlike
Lizard (Curtis Connors): Villains, Sinister Six, Street Level, Geniuses, Enhanced
Miles Morales (Spider-Man): Heroes, Avengers, Spider-Verse, Champions, Team Cap, Multiversal, Enhanced
Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards): Heroes, Fantastic Four, Team Iron Man, Illuminati, Geniuses, Enhanced
Namor (The Sub-Mariner): Heroes, Mutants, Illuminati, Geniuses, Non-humans
Nightcrawler (Classic): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Excalibur
Nova (Sam Alexander): Heroes, Avengers, Champions, GotG, Team Cap, Enhanced
Rogue (Classic): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Excalibur, A-Force
Sabretooth (Victor Creed): Villains, Mutants, Weapon X, Enhanced
Silk (Cindy Moon): Heroes, Spider-Verse, Champions, S.H.I.E.L.D., Enhanced
Spider-Man (Infinity War): Heroes, Spider-Verse, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Enhanced, Geniuses
Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair): Heroes, Mutants, Excalibur
Wolverine (X-Force): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Weapon X, Enhanced
X-23 (All-New Wolverine): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Weapon X, Enhanced

5-Stars
Apocalypse (Classic): Villains, Mutants, Godlike
Archangel (Classic): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Villains, Enhanced
Cable (Nathan Summers): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Team Cap, Multiversal, Enhanced
Havok (Classic): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Brotherhood, Team Cap
Kamala Khan (Origin): Heroes, Avengers, Team Cap, Enhanced, Mutants
Killmonger (Eric Stevens): Villains, Mercenaries, Wakanda, Street Level, Enhanced
Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Team Cap, Excalibur
Magneto (Age of Apocalypse): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Multiversal
Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex): Villains, Weapon X, Geniuses, Enhanced
Okoye (Warrior General): Heroes, Team Cap, Wakanda, Street Level
Onslaught (Psionic Entity): Villains, Mutants, Godlike
Spider-Man (Peter Parker): Heroes, Spider-Verse, Team Iron Man, Enhanced, Geniuses
Spider-Man (Back in Black): Heroes, Spider-Verse, Team Iron Man, Enhanced, Geniuses
Storm (Ororo Munroe): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Godlike
Wolverine (Old Man Logan): Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Time Displaced, Weapon X, Multiversal, Enhanced
Wolverine (Samurai Daken): Heroes, Mutants, Time Displaced, Weapon X, Enhanced

Comments

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

What is Excalibur?
    The sword of King Arthur?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Kaidrin1979 said:
    What is Excalibur?
    The sword of King Arthur?

It is, but it is also the UK based X-Team (a la X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force, etc.)

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Excalibur is an X-Men affiliated team based in the UK, usually lead by Captain Britain, and features a lot of dimension-hopping. Kitty and Nightcrawler were founding members in the late 80's.

Curious how they decided who did or didn't get the affiliation, though. Juggernaut has been on the team, and Gambit joined when Rogue did (but she got the affiliation and he didn't?) And, of course, Psylocke (since she's Captain Britain's sister). But I'm not familiar enough with Excalibur or the various iterations of the characters to know why someone would/wouldn't be included (with the exception of 4-star Juggernaut, because that version was exclusive to that event, and obviously wasn't a member of Excalibur, so that makes sense, but I don't know why the 1-star wouldn't get the affiliation)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@JHawkInc said:
    Excalibur is an X-Men affiliated team based in the UK, usually lead by Captain Britain, and features a lot of dimension-hopping. Kitty and Nightcrawler were founding members in the late 80's.

Curious how they decided who did or didn't get the affiliation, though. Juggernaut has been on the team, and Gambit joined when Rogue did (but she got the affiliation and he didn't?) And, of course, Psylocke (since she's Captain Britain's sister). But I'm not familiar enough with Excalibur or the various iterations of the characters to know why someone would/wouldn't be included (with the exception of 4-star Juggernaut, because that version was exclusive to that event, and obviously wasn't a member of Excalibur, so that makes sense, but I don't know why the 1-star wouldn't get the affiliation)

Hopefully this now means we get Captain Britain (Brian Braddock). Not interested in any Betsy version though (sorry Psylocke fans)

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is Cable not time-displaced?

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Hopefully this now means we get Captain Britain (Brian Braddock). Not interested in any Betsy version though (sorry Psylocke fans)

Boo-urns.

I'd be happy with either, but I really would like a more interesting version of Psylocke in the game, I just don't use her at all. I'm for Captain Betsy and/or Captain Brian.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@TriSentinel said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Boo-urns.

I'd be happy with either, but I really would like a more interesting version of Psylocke in the game, I just don't use her at all. I'm for Captain Betsy and/or Captain Brian.

We can still get original flavour Betsy (with puffy purple sleeves) from her early X-Men stuff just maybe without the strange Chris Claremont cougar thing with Doug Ramsey.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe soon we'll get a feature to search by affiliation

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Interesting to see Nova get GOTG. Another character for grocket to play with and one with cheap spammy powers. Surprised Nebula didn't get it too.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I know the answer is probably soon(tm), but when are you going to reveal what you are going to do with all these affiliations?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ah, so there's no big thing you're building up to, but keep using this in various ways.
    Which is good!
    Thank you :)

• Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options

I was surprised to see that my 4* Juggernaut didn't have a Support equipped. He had been using the Blackbird (X-Men Only) when his X-Men designation was removed. Everyone should be aware that Supports can be affected by the changed affiliations.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Notwen said:
    I was surprised to see that my 4* Juggernaut didn't have a Support equipped. He had been using the Blackbird (X-Men Only) when his X-Men designation was removed. Everyone should be aware that Supports can be affected by the changed affiliations.

This is a pretty vast quantity of data that are excruciatingly difficult to access. It would be helpful if you guys could build sorting/selection mechanisms that would be ready to go before this all takes real effect in a way that affects play. Please?

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

To note: There's only one other character that's having an Affiliation removed, Black Widow (Original) is losing her Hero tag and gaining a Villain tag (since that incarnation of her was before she got all hero-y).

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:
    To note: There's only one other character that's having an Affiliation removed, Black Widow (Original) is losing her Hero tag and gaining a Villain tag (since that incarnation of her was before she got all hero-y).

Request the same be done for Mysterio please.