Updated Champion Reward Feeders (11/24/22)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited November 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hey all,

Here with a bit of Thanksgiving cheer! Even if you're not going to be celebrating Turkey Day, we invite you to indulge in a bit of rewards via Champion Feeder Updates! We told you we were planning on getting a bunch done before the New Year. This is your first helping!

Retro rewards will be given for ALL changed feeders! Changed feeders in BOLD

2-Star:
Daken -> Daken (Classic) / Psylocke
Magneto - Magneto (Classic) / Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
Ms. Marvel - Captain Marvel (Modern) / Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
Storm - Storm (Modern) / Black Panther (T'Challa)
Wolverine - Wolverine (Patch) / Deadpool (It's Me!)

3-Star
Beast - Beast (Age of Apocalypse) / Jubilee (Uncanny)
Colossus - Negasonic (Teenage Warhead) / Magik (Classic)
Daken - X-23 (All-New) / Blob (Modern)
Gambit - Rogue (Classic) / Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
Kamala Khan - Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog) / Medusa (Inhuman Queen) (Swapped Primary/Secondary)
Magneto - Juggernaut (Fear Itself) / Polaris (Classic)
Mystique - Iceman (All-New) / Legion (David Haller)
Psylocke - Peggy Carter (Captain America) / Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair)
Storm - Dazzler (Classic) / Kate Pryde (Marauders)

4-Star
Bishop - Cable (Classic)
Cyclops - Cyclops (P5)
Dazzler - Storm (Ororo Munroe)
Jubilee - Removed (Jean already feeds Jean)
Juggernaut - Magneto (Age of Apocalypse)
Lockjaw - Kamala Khan (Origin)
Namor - Odin (All-Father)
X-23 - Wolverine (Samurai Daken)

Note: Just because a character is now feeding someone of a different rarity doesn't mean we may not go back and "fill in" with incarnations later. For example, Dazzler is now the single step between 3 and 5 star Storm. Doesn't mean we may not release a 4-Star Storm later (who we would presumably then update).

These changes are slated to go Live with the 11/24 data patch, so probably later in the evening. Enjoy, all!

Update: Some people are asking what the Secondary feeders will look like for 2-Stars. Here's a chart!

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Whoop... i'll get Samurai Daken done, that's all I was waiting for!

Maybe asking too much but would be sweet if they could stagger feeder updates by a day per rarity. Then you'd get the roll on effect of applying recieved rewards.

I do like the tease of "first helping" And as someone who always has seconds for Thanksgiving i'll be ready to go up for more soon!!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

Shardsgiving!

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Awesome! Sounds great!

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yay!!! That’s awesome happy shard’s giving 🙂

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Was hoping 4 star Elektra would feed the 5 star but thank you! I do appreciate all the free retro rewards!

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thank you for Shardsgiving!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Cool! Thanks for doing it and for the heads up!

I’m hoping that Namor-> Odin tree doesn’t preclude us from a 5* Namor any time soon though! I would love him as a BP2 tie in

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Cool! Thanks for doing it and for the heads up!

I’m hoping that Namor-> Odin tree doesn’t preclude us from a 5* Namor any time soon though! I would love him as a BP2 tie in

Well if you read the whole message you'd know nothing is precluded

"Note: Just because a character is now feeding someone of a different rarity doesn't mean we may not go back and "fill in" with incarnations later. For example, Dazzler is now the single step between 3 and 5 star Storm. Doesn't mean we may not release a 4-Star Storm later (who we would presumably then update)."

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

I mean sure, but I assume the window of relevance is closing for a 5* Namor to come out as a movie tie in lol. If it was the next 5* I would assume they’d just wait the three weeks and do it in the next batch.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Holy anna! Look at all the shards, falling from out of the sky!!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

And throwing more confusion into whether double fed 5s is gonna be a thing or not is Jubilee being removed from feeding 5 Jean.

Excellent first batch. Glad I hung onto my maxed 2*s the past couple of weeks instead of just flipping em right away. Every little bit helps.

Edit: Echo still feeds 5* Cyclops, so now he has two feeders..I give up trying to figure it out

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options

A huge update!
    Ronan now the oldest 5 star without a feeder, 4 star Jane could have been added to 5 star Jane, 4 star Elektra to 5 star Elektra, 4 star Moonie to 5 star Moonie, but I'm taking what their giving!

• jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options

Perfect timing for me! Been sitting on 2.5M iso wondering who to champ. Also had my double Mags just sitting along with a few 2*s I was ready to sell. Guess they’ll hang around for a little longer!

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is this the big feeder update you’ve been promising for December or is that still coming?
    Either way; thank you so much. You’ve been more than generous since you’ve taken over.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Hammer3001 said:
    Is this the big feeder update you’ve been promising for December or is that still coming?
    Either way; thank you so much. You’ve been more than generous since you’ve taken over.

He said this is the "first helping". It feels oddly X-Men heavy. I expect there may be more to come.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@skittledaddy said:
    It feels oddly X-Men heavy. I expect there may be more to come.

Would be nice to have the Guardians next (Gamora to Gamora, St4rlord to 5tarlord, Th4nos to Thano5, maybe Nebula to Ronan).

Regardless, thanks for this batch of feeders! I'll finally complete Old Man Daken. Also I was hoping Polaris would feed Mehneto; that would have been hilarious B)

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm probably most excited to get more Magneto covers. not because he's OP, but because I really REALLY like the character and hope he's on the short least for rebalances :)

this will put me at 6/4/3.5 covers so shouldn't be too hard to complete

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options

Great stuff, though I kind of wish I had not just flipped three of the 2 stars listed above...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wow!! Thank you!!! That got me a champed Storm and put Cyclops and Kamala on 12 covers each! Added to my having pulled the final Chasm I needed to champ him before he goes bye bye and it is a pretty good Thursday!

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you! And Happy Shardmas everyone!