Facebook Login Issue

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker

Hi all,

As many of you are already aware, there is currently an issue with Facebook connectivity that is still not functioning properly. While we don't have any updates on the situation, we are actively working on a fix which is now in Facebook's hands. If you are seeing any Facebook error messages, please close them out until the issue is resolved.

Most importantly, DO NOT attempt to use Google Play or Apple account backups to get around the Facebook issues. YMMV, but if you have any previous game saves prior to the Facebook issue, there's a good chance that your OLD save data will overwrite your current save. Luckily our CS will be able to resolve this issue, but that unfortunately would mean more delays in getting your game restored due to having to wait for CS to get to your ticket.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience and we really appreciate your continued support!

Best,
S0kun

Comments

• sjdonnelly
    sjdonnelly Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

Any update on this yet?

• S0kun
    Options

@sjdonnelly said:
    Any update on this yet?

No update yet unfortunately.

• Flynns_Arcade_1982
    Flynns_Arcade_1982 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

What the heck does YMMV mean?

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Flynns_Arcade_1982 said:
    What the heck does YMMV mean?

Your mileage may vary. So your experience might be different.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm glad I disconnected Facebook backup a year ago in favor of google

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is there any chance of having this issue fixed by the end of this year?

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Daniel2121 said:
    Is there any chance of having this issue fixed by the end of this year?

I wouldn’t bet on it, I’ve seen how the devs of another game tried to get the same thing solved for 6 month before implementing Apple and google saves

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What's odd to me is that I have three devices (iphone, Android phone and iPad) and the Facebook issue is only happening on one of them (iPad). I can access it with no problem on my iPhone and Android. I just can't use my iPad right now.

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is there anything we can do? Like contacting Facebook staff or something?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Here's the reply from dev:

"Sadly the issue isn't associated with the technology. We haven't done anything to touch the FB underpinnings. Despite no change, periodically FB flags MPQ as being out of compliance of one thing or another, resulting in a process where we essentially have to appeal to overturn the decision. We submitted an official appeal yesterday and are awaiting results."

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Can I ask what people's experience of this is? I've not been able to play at all since this started. The game just switches to Facebook and I get the error message. Is that what's happening to everyone else?

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Here's the reply from dev:

"Sadly the issue isn't associated with the technology. We haven't done anything to touch the FB underpinnings. Despite no change, periodically FB flags MPQ as being out of compliance of one thing or another, resulting in a process where we essentially have to appeal to overturn the decision. We submitted an official appeal yesterday and are awaiting results."

Let me guess....posted on discord and not their official forum?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

From MPQ reddit. The dev is more active in that forum.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have a player locked out of the game because of this issue so any news of a fix or a work around would be great.

• Chrynos1989
    Options

So, this is still open?
    Wow, Facebook really shows it doesn’t give a digestive waste…
    Not that I’m surprised at all…

• loversland
    loversland Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

any updates mate
    I really feel like we being cut off from all the stuff happening rn :(

• S0kun
    edited November 2022
    Options

@loversland said:
    any updates mate
    I really feel like we being cut off from all the stuff happening rn :(

We're happy to report that the Facebook login issue has finally been resolved! Please be sure to update and restart your game. Thank you for your patience and your continued support! If you encounter any issues, please contact our customer service team at https://505games.link/mpqcs

• Chrynos1989
    Options

@S0kun great news, you guys rule! Tell the team thx for the efforts and the patience they had to bring up to get through to the guys at FB👍

• loubat
    loubat Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

@S0kun I still am not able to send FB friends the random rewards at the end of battles. Should that be fixed as well, or is that a different issue?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Me neither.