Support gem colour swap still not fixed [Investigating]

Options
TheHunter
TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker

Hi, support gems should change colour when they're matched to prevent an endless loop when three of the same colour are matched. I thought this had been previously fixed but I've seen it a few times lately and finally captured it on video.
You can see initially a blue row and a white row all repeat match until a white gem is destroyed. I then make a blue match to see if it happens again, and the gems match over and over until the blue row is destroyed.
This is a more serious issue when permanents are matched as they loop and cause a game loss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZdqtGTFmtQ&ab_channel=TheHunter

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This video seems consistent with the expected behaviour, if you ask me. The problem is with resilient support gems not with vanguard. Or that is at least how I have understood the issue that has been raised several times over the years.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So glad you included a video! It helps so much.

@Tremayne said:
    This video seems consistent with the expected behaviour, if you ask me. The problem is with resilient support gems not with vanguard. Or that is at least how I have understood the issue that has been raised several times over the years.

Agreed. This video shows a perfectly consistent and expected outcome of what happens when you match gems with multi-shield supports. As Tre says above, the known bug is with permanent supports. Sometimes those supports will end up in this weird, synchronized color change, causing them to match into infinity.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello guys,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.