What's New MPQ - November 2022 (Updated 11/14/22)

Options

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Milmanias said:
    Unfortunately they’re running both a PvE and a Boss event concurrently again. At least for me the PvE rewards aren’t important this time so I can skip it.

Finally a voice of reason

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

Don't they usually wait for characters to leave latest before their boosted week? I know everyone is looking forward to boosted Chasm but it seems early

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

I personally like the PvE and Boss events running concurrently, since Boss events are very little play time. However, a Boss event landing over Thanksgiving is a bit annoying. I likely will be entirely occupied with family, food, and drink, on Thanksgiving, and pretty much out of commission from an overly abundant degree of tryptophan and the need to sleep off the holiday's excesses the day after. It is unlikely I will be willing to check in on the game much at all for those two days, if it is even a possibility. I don't mind missing out on the PvE but I don't want to let my alliance down in the Boss event and I probably will, because if I have to choose between my holiday time with my family and the game it's not a tough call. Who knows how many more of these times with all her kids and grandkids that my Gran has left, ya know?

• killahKlown
    Options

@NemoAbernnigan said:
    I personally like the PvE and Boss events running concurrently, since Boss events are very little play time. However, a Boss event landing over Thanksgiving is a bit annoying. I likely will be entirely occupied with family, food, and drink, on Thanksgiving, and pretty much out of commission from an overly abundant degree of tryptophan and the need to sleep off the holiday's excesses the day after. It is unlikely I will be willing to check in on the game much at all for those two days, if it is even a possibility. I don't mind missing out on the PvE but I don't want to let my alliance down in the Boss event and I probably will, because if I have to choose between my holiday time with my family and the game it's not a tough call. Who knows how many more of these times with all her kids and grandkids that my Gran has left, ya know?

You can pretty much complete the entire boss event on Sunday when points are much higher. Enjoy your turkey and pie and don't even think about the boss event until the weekend

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Why on earth would you plan a Boss event for four days of a major holiday in the US? Totally understand not everyone playing this game is US based but I have to imagine it is a majority. It couldn't have been done a bit earlier or later?

Now this is interesting. In a world where Disney is absolutely worldwide, and also the game is on android and on many platforms too, do you imagine that the majority of the playerbase is US?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:

@LavaManLee said:
    Why on earth would you plan a Boss event for four days of a major holiday in the US? Totally understand not everyone playing this game is US based but I have to imagine it is a majority. It couldn't have been done a bit earlier or later?

Now this is interesting. In a world where Disney is absolutely worldwide, and also the game is on android and on many platforms too, do you imagine that the majority of the playerbase is US?

I do. Now, I could be wrong. And would definitely love to see the data around it. In fact, this would be a great question for q&a.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The dev posted something in reddit related to pve+boss happening together:

"With regards to PVE overlap with Bosses, the audience is somewhat divided. I can say, though, that it has been my desire for this overlap to not take place. A broad spectrum of things resulted in it falling off track (additional character, anniversary, rolling into the holidays) and when it goes off the rails it gets tricky bringing it back. We do have a plan and we can expect to see a return to "normal" very soon."

• CathexisZero
    CathexisZero Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

@IceIX said:

4-Star: Clue: Hybrid adoption

Hercules? He's a hybrid God/Human, and he was adopted...

• Bad
    edited November 2022
    Options

From what I've could search, mpq has 19 millions downloads on Ios and 10 millions on android .
    On US the market is roundly 60% Ios and 40% Android. On china is 70% Ios.
    And worldwide on 2021 android was a great success with 70% of the market.
    What can prove these numbers? Nothing at all. Only devs can track it.

Boss event and pve together again clearly means that the playerbase supports it, so devs will repeat it so long as it has approval.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@toecutter3095 said:
    Really appreciate the update including all events until the end of the month. I am wandering the ISO desert of 4-star land so it is helpful for me to know who is coming as featured in PVE/PVP so that I can direct my ISO accordingly. It can seem contentious to express opinions on these update threads, but there you go, that is how I feel about it. :)

Same here, but instead of directing iso, I use it for what 4* to favorite. If I have 6 or 7 at lvl 286 and 287 and I want to get them all to 290 for the LL token, the update is huge. Knowing that I'll have the covers/shards from progression and placement to hit that goal without having to favorite that player saves me ten days easily.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

11/24 - 11/28 Lost In Time NEW
    Placement Rewards: Cyclops (P5) Shards, She-Hulk (Origin), Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted), Ares
    Progression Rewards: Emma Frost (P5) Shards, Doop, Iron Man (Model 40), Wolverine (Astonishing)''

with team event
    yea i guess easy skip

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@Bad said:

@LavaManLee said:

I do. Now, I could be wrong. And would definitely love to see the data around it. In fact, this would be a great question for q&a.

I didn't have any questions for the Q&A this month, so I submitted this. I'm curious about it, too.

• Bad
    Options

@MegaBee said:

I didn't have any questions for the Q&A this month, so I submitted this. I'm curious about it, too.

Actually china messes up all guesses and calculations, as if there is a small number of Marvel fans there, it makes for a really important number outside.

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

@S0kun, is there a reason why Chasm is in the boosted list while still in the Latest Legends pool? They usually are boosted right after they leave Latest Legends. Thanks in advance!

• killahKlown
    Options

Yeah it's way too soon for another Chasm buff. I feel like we just got through that.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

Unless they are pulling him from LLTs early...? Like tomorrow...

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

I really really hope not. I still need a ton of covers for him because RNJesus has not been kind to me with respect to him. So I'm saving for 1 last bunch of pulls just before he leaves.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This notes:

11/17 - 11/21 Strange Sights NEW
    Placement Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards

11/20 - 11/25 Venom Bomb NEW
    Progression Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards

...but Strange Sights is now live for preview, and She-Hulk (Immortal) placement rewards have been replaced by Riri, which I imagine means She-Hulk (Immortal) will be replaced in Venom Bomb as well. Does this mean the whole rotation will be pushed back and She-Hulk (Immortal) will now appear in Venom Bomb as placement and Lost In Time as progression? Or will she be skipped entirely? I was banking on these shards to champ her.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@mega ghost said:
    This notes:

11/17 - 11/21 Strange Sights NEW
    Placement Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards

11/20 - 11/25 Venom Bomb NEW
    Progression Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards

...but Strange Sights is now live for preview, and She-Hulk (Immortal) placement rewards have been replaced by Riri, which I imagine means She-Hulk (Immortal) will be replaced in Venom Bomb as well. Does this mean the whole rotation will be pushed back and She-Hulk (Immortal) will now appear in Venom Bomb as placement and Lost In Time as progression? Or will she be skipped entirely? I was banking on these shards to champ her.

Huh. It certainly looks that way - usually they only skip the newest 5* (in this case Emma) or a Classic, in the latter case they run 3 events with boosted Classics rather than 2.

She'll be featured again, at least.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@skittledaddy said:

That would be hilarious. I'm all for it.

His cp cost on the offers page was cut down from 500 to 250(still a terrible use of resources imo). Isn't that change early too?