Saved event decks

versemage
versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler

Is there any way to save event decks by the event? Most of the time I will start a recurring event and need to tailor a deck for each node on the event. But, also most of the time, I don't remember what I had for that particular Planeswalker on that particular node in that particular event. It would be a great relief to click on a node and then click on a Planeswalker and my previous event deck is still saved there. I was really just asking to get the idea out there, not really expecting it to be taken seriously because we've been asking for years for a standard toggle on the deck editor and not expecting to see that either. C'est la vie.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

@versemage said:
    Is there any way to save event decks by the event? Most of the time I will start a recurring event and need to tailor a deck for each node on the event. But, also most of the time, I don't remember what I had for that particular Planeswalker on that particular node in that particular event. It would be a great relief to click on a node and then click on a Planeswalker and my previous event deck is still saved there. I was really just asking to get the idea out there, not really expecting it to be taken seriously because we've been asking for years for a standard toggle on the deck editor and not expecting to see that either. C'est la vie.

For some reason, deck slots are treated like a rare commodity in this game. Even when they let us pay for them, they don't really give us a lot of slots (or they have the gall to ask us to pay straight cash money every month to keep them accessible). It's as though deck slots have some sort of detrimental impact to the game's architecture even though it sure seems like they shouldn't.

With that in mind, I know a lot of people who just keep their decklists on personal Discord channels. That's too much work for me. I just wing it from memory each time, because that's what this game makes us do if we aren't willing to come up with solutions outside of the app.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards

I take pictures and store them on my iPad. Sometimes I write a few notes on the screenshot so I can remember, but I rarely go back for them, since there is no quick way of locating a specific deck or PW.

So great idea, but will we ever see it?!.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

@versemage said:

I save my decks and walkers used in discord. its the easiest way I have found. because my memory sucks.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards

Unfortunately, even with VIP you don't even get to save that many decks, or else I'd have one saved for every node of every event in this game

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards

If I could buy an infinite amount of deck slots, I would.

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker

It would be sweet if the event remembered our decks, but I also agree we should have way more deck slots available, for free or use the worthless mana runes we have piling up to unlock more.