Patch Notes 5.9.1 (11/9/22)

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards

Hi everyone,
We had a Data Push, and here is what you need to know:

Changes:

• Changed The Ultimate Planeswalk event to be playable one time only.
  • Changed The Ultimate Planeswalk event reward from non-duplicate Legacy Boosters to duplicable Legacy Boosters.

Comments

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Boo, hiss.

One play through makes sense when the rewards are good and the event is run regularly, but why also nerf the legacy packs? It’s not like there are any other opportunities to obtain them. Dup legacy packs are just 50 orbs. Not interesting.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Will you please consider the legacy pack to be non-duplicate again? Without the ability to play the event more than once, it doesn't impact the overall currency balance very much.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I feel sorry for the players who didn’t have the time last weekend to play TUP.
    Also for the players who didn’t catch on to the possibility to play the event multiple times.

I wonder how Oktagon’s initial prize package for TUP was supposed to have been. The new prize package looks very harsh and deterring.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tremayne said:
    I feel sorry for the players who didn’t have the time last weekend to play TUP.
    Also for the players who didn’t catch on to the possibility to play the event multiple times.

I wonder how Oktagon’s initial prize package for TUP was supposed to have been. The new prize package looks very harsh and deterring.

15k orbs for one run is still very appealing

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@jtwood - Yes 15k orb is ok, if you are not a VIP, assuming that the anniversary booster still gives you 6 cards. Oktagon has not said otherwise so, I think that is a fair assumption, but assumptions have been wrong before.

What I was trying to say was that obviously the first TUP was flawed and ended up being a cornucopia. Now Oktagon is changing the prizes and they seems to go all the way over to the other ditch. I wonder if the intention was rerun with non duplicate legacy boosters.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

well I would say for us that subscribe to vip. thats a huge improvement to this event that previously gave non dupe legacy packs away at zero cost to the players.. and I known this upset a few vip members.
    (not my opinion)
    posting for someone else :)@Oktagon_Support

• versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

VIP has never really been fairly priced for low income players to start with.

• sarimace
    sarimace Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

I completely agree, that the event was way too generous, but I also think, that this seems a little too harsh. At least one of the legacy packs could easily be non-dupe. They are legacy packs, most people will not have even all uncommons. Dupe packs will mean 40 orbs and an uncommon at best for most players.

• Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options

The problem with the event was that it was playable more than once with no limit. Now that it is being changed to be playable once only, please keep the legacy pack non-dup. Perhaps making one of them a one-card non-dup rare only legacy booster pack and the second one a 5-card non-dup legacy pack, so that we are only receiving 6 new legacy cards instead of 10, would be a good compromise?

• ichine
    ichine Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

A wise choice would have been to just let it be playable 1 time, but with the same prizes, imho..
    I'm sorry for players who didn't have the chance to participate the first time, now it will not be the same experience :/

• Capricorn907AK
    Capricorn907AK Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

Leave the legacy packs alone. All you needed to do was limit the entries to 1 or something.

I am grateful to have played in last week's iteration of the event at least, it was a blast.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks for giving us a free event event that hands out a bunch of unique MPs for legacy events... or 15k orbs

That's an excellent payout considering it costs us literally nothing to get these rewards

• camo
    camo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

agree with Jtwood, thank you <3

• ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is still a wonderful event. I hope it doesnt get forgotten and never run again.