Next 5 star rebalance

Options
ThisisClemFandango
ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
edited November 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

So judging by the latest q&a I think it's fair to say Iron Man is next up to be looked at, but who are you all looking forward to dusting off and replaying?
I'd like black panther looked at because well, he doesn't do much, not quite as bad as hope tho.
Gives us something to do while we wait for BP2 tie in info and hopefully a what's new for November.

Comments

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

Wasp. Her swarm mechanic is the only swarm thing in the game and she doesn't synergize with anything else so she doesn't really add anything to any team as far as I have been able to discern.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,557 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

I would LOVE it if they re-worked 5* Spider-Man (Peter Parker). There should be a web tile meta of some kind. They're fun to play with. In Balance of Power, I used to run SM, Miles, and either Gwen or 2099. Had a blast.

As it stands now, there isn't a heavy enough hitter who utilizes web tiles, but there are a bunch of characters who use/gen them.

I guess they might have to be careful with all the broken Chasms out there, but I want a viable 5* web-based squad that can take on the other meta teams.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think BP's move or be moved would be awesome if it were re-tuned to actually be dangerous to Chasm. It's a perfect counter mechanic, even if it isn't all that useful anymore from a numbers standpoint. Similarly adding something to his black that the additional damage be permanent, or maybe if the target is downed while it's applied they don't revive or something (it would have to be very cheap, since it's his top color and Chasm would suck that AP right out pretty quickly) could really allow the King of the Dead to have some sway over the revive tribe.

Gambit and OML could use a retune after their nerfs; frankly i believe the game would servive if the nerfs were reversed, but even if they aren't, they are too underpowered as implemented currently.

5* Widow needs a pretty serious retune, but maybe not a rework.

5* Kingpin might be best served with a scrap and rebuild.

Abigail Brand i really believe could use some kind of re-look. I'd love it if her repeater forcer power fired off on demand, and then was itself a 1-turn repeater rather than a CD.

Ultron was DOA, he needs another look. As a robot he should also be stun-immune.

Knull is kind of a nothing burger - if he were a better Purple battery you could do something with him.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I think BP's move or be moved would be awesome if it were re-tuned to actually be dangerous to Chasm. It's a perfect counter mechanic, even if it isn't all that useful anymore from a numbers standpoint. Similarly adding something to his black that the additional damage be permanent, or maybe if the target is downed while it's applied they don't revive or something (it would have to be very cheap, since it's his top color and Chasm would suck that AP right out pretty quickly) could really allow the King of the Dead to have some sway over the revive tribe.

Gambit and OML could use a retune after their nerfs; frankly i believe the game would servive if the nerfs were reversed, but even if they aren't, they are too underpowered as implemented currently.

5* Widow needs a pretty serious retune, but maybe not a rework.

5* Kingpin might be best served with a scrap and rebuild.

Abigail Brand i really believe could use some kind of re-look. I'd love it if her repeater forcer power fired off on demand, and then was itself a 1-turn repeater rather than a CD.

Ultron was DOA, he needs another look. As a robot he should also be stun-immune.

Knull is kind of a nothing burger - if he were a better Purple battery you could do something with him.

I would love to have prenerf gambit back, the way he is now makes me a very sad panda.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Borstock said:
    I would LOVE it if they re-worked 5* Spider-Man (Peter Parker). There should be a web tile meta of some kind. They're fun to play with. In Balance of Power, I used to run SM, Miles, and either Gwen or 2099. Had a blast.

As it stands now, there isn't a heavy enough hitter who utilizes web tiles, but there are a bunch of characters who use/gen them.

I guess they might have to be careful with all the broken Chasms out there, but I want a viable 5* web-based squad that can take on the other meta teams.

Black Suit Spidey too, it's a shame that 2099, Silk, & Miles, all 4* champs, are far better than 5* Spidey himself. 4* Venom is better too, not a web tile guy, but still much better.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    So judging by the latest q&a I think it's fair to say Iron Man is next up to be looked at, but who are you all looking forward to dusting off and replaying?
    I'd like black panther looked at because well, he doesn't do much, not quite as bad as hope tho.
    Gives us something to do while we wait for BP2 tie in info and hopefully a what's new for November.

I think Black Panther is already great - he just needs a life rebalance, and drop the Team-Up cost of his yellow to something attainable (6 maybe?)

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,557 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I use all three characters. They aren't meta, but all three have their uses.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Cool. I’d probably use them if they were even a little better.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I will start with old 5* without any passive power.

Ironman XLVI
    Captain America FA
    Kingpin
    Havok

Before moving to others like Wasp or Rescue.

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022
    Options

IMO, address any of the earliest released 5-Stars first, as they tend to have awful match damage, 'ehn' Health, & bad Damage/AP ratio abilities along with way too conditional effects to pull off easily (or just not the great for the 'work' to do so).
    Some of these already have been (Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Star-Lord, Doc Oc, etc.) and it made them instantly more usable.

Starting with:

• OML back to his pre-nerfed version or possibly even slightly better (he got savaged across the board during the "true heal" mania)
    • Spider-Man BiB
    • Green Goblin
    • Iron Man (sounds like he's next)
    • Civil War Cap (should probably be after Iron Man for thematic reasons :) )
    • Black Widow
    • Black Bolt (perhaps HP & match damage, tho his Yellow is awful)
    • Dr Strange (really just HP & match damage)
    • Thanos (probably just HP & match damage)
    • Black Panther
    • Hawkeye (DEFINITELY HP & match damage)

After that, Wasp should be next followed by frequent mentions (Kingpin, Havok, Moon Knight, etc.). Basically ones that are so underwhelming you forgot they were in the game until a PVE or the "Welcome to Shield" event (Deadpool Whales required...) requires them forces you to use them.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022
    Options

Wasp and Kingpin because they really really need it.

Besides them, I'd love some buffs for Loki. His purple is very fun, but the rest of his kit has some issues. From being very slow and not having any way to self-accelerate, to not getting AP he can use from illusion cds, to his black being an empty color if he stays alive for the match to his green being utterly useless.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm amazed this conversation has gone this long without a single mention of magneto.

Some very good suggestions and points being made, I'm simply surprised to not see him.

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

Whomever said that they should have lowered Surfers black requirement I back 100%. He is much better now, but if his black cost was lower he would be the iHulk/Chasm stopper. Also if DocThor didn't get rid of his Black Hole do easily.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

How much lower should it be? He helps players to gain 5aps + potential for cascades every turn.

Match-4/5 or more and random tiles destruction could also destroy his tile.

Make it fortified, perhaps, if it's possible?

Reduce ap cost to 6-8ap but reduce number of tiles destruction or remove ap generation?

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I think BP's move or be moved would be awesome if it were re-tuned to actually be dangerous to Chasm. It's a perfect counter mechanic, even if it isn't all that useful anymore from a numbers standpoint.

I actually had to use a health pack facing boosted BP because I knew my Chasm would eat death without abyss tiles. Something like boosting the damage from stun to like 30k would be a great counter and would make BP + Thanos a viable rock to Chasm + Hulk’s scissors. Ideally if you were to buff that much you would remove the stun from damage, though in the same match mThor was punching for 25k damage and not proccing the stun. Boosted BP sucks in that regard.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    How much lower should it be? He helps players to gain 5aps + potential for cascades every turn.

Match-4/5 or more and random tiles destruction could also destroy his tile.

Make it fortified, perhaps, if it's possible?

Reduce ap cost to 6-8ap but reduce number of tiles destruction or remove ap generation?

I think the problem is that JThor destroys it via her passive. Her passive is the one that needs to be changed to not be able to destroy unique tiles like the Black Hole, Eye of Agamatto, Black Bolt's Silent King etc. Adjusting her Blue power to only destroy strikes, attacks, protects, CD's etc would go a long way to making his Black Hole viable since it would then be vulnerable only to match 4/5 as it was when he was released.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    Options

If she can't destroy those tiles, she won't be able to destroy Abyss tiles too because all these tiles are categorised under Character tiles.

I'm not sure why we need to nerf Mighty Thor just to make those character tiles slightly better. She's not even broken and can be taken down without much trouble. If she's really that big of a problem, then down her first.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I meant one off unique tiles that can't be matched. Abyss and web tiles can be matched so its fine that she destroys those.

I'm curious if she can destroy apocs horsemen. Guess we have to wait for the next apoc boss event to find out.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Black Hole tile can also be destroyed by random tile destruction abilities, apart from match 4/5.

I'm sure they can code Black Hole tile to be something that is not Character or special tiles.

If she is creating a lot of trouble for you, try placing your Black Hole tile in the top left-hand or top right-hand corner. It will reduce the chance of Black Hole tile getting destroyed greatly. You could also bring Dr Thor, use her yellow to destroy charged tiles on the board before creating Black Hole at either one of those two positions.