Thank you Oktagon for The Ultimate Planeswalk event

Options
Gunmix25
Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion

I would like to take a moment and thank you Oktagon for releasing a satisfying and fun event for all players. Especially so for newer players and Free to play. So many have been able to collect cards they've sought for ages. The events are fun and at times challenging to build around. Love that you put in the sliver queen as she is a card I was very passionate about in MTG paper. Despite some loading hiccups on Sunday, this event has been a fun and happy one. Thank you

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I agree with gunmix

• WT_Fits
    WT_Fits Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'd also like to commend the developers for this event, it was fun to play, and the rewards (both the unique anniversary cards and the Legacy boosters) were fantastic. I hope we can get another event like this at some point in the future.

• ReadingRambo
    ReadingRambo Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

Yeah, this was a fun windfall for old cards I never thought I'd really be able to track down. I have a lot of crazy old MP builds to tinker with! Might even grab one of these new PW's early to test them out! Great stuff!

• DAllofAbove
    DAllofAbove Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

Great fun and WORLD CLASS rewards! Kept me playing all weekend! Many thanks!

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

I love this event and wish I had more time to play. Please keep this as is and bring it back around!

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It was a fantastic event. I haven't played the game this much in years. Great job devs!

• spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

I liked the event, it was super fun.

Though now I have no more cards to chase. Well I guess I will eventually.

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2022
    Options

This event has ignited my spark and passion to play for years to come. Best event you have ever done and was a true love letter to your player base.

Thank you a milliy from ya boy Tez!

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options

One thing I noticed about this event is that Greg seems to use decks with only 3 or 4 cards in them? I think this is actually a really clever design decision, because, without improving the AI, it gives Greg more focused strategy, and removes problems he might have being limited by only being allowed 3 creatures in play. You notice Greg's gameplay being more focused particularly in the green and blue nodes.

Perhaps not a good idea for every PvE (the lack of variety might get boring!), but for a grinding event like this I thought it was smart.