Losing members to sharding and tanking changes...

Options
DubbaHuss
DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
edited May 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Any other Alliances out there find you're having a higher turnover member rate with the recent changes to bracket sharding and tanking. I find the game to be more difficult and a little less fun as a result, just wondering if these issues are more widespread.

Comments

• danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    No, your alliance is not the only one. We have lost four members in two weeks due to:

1. new bracketing;
    2. non-tanking;
    3. burnout.

But, when I asked IceIX about it yesterday, he claimed there were no significant changes in the old players' base, so maybe the devs think things are fine as they are.

I myself used to score 1k in PVP before the changes. Now I'm glad when I reach 700. I'm offered always the same group of 30 opponents, all of them much stronger than me. IceIX admitted that I'm in the top tier of MMR Hell, and stated that the devs are taking measures to rupture these pockets.

Until then, I keep getting hit all the time, because my team is weaker than those of the other 30 players. Fresh Cut is the first PVP, since the sharding change, in which I scored over 600. Even so, I had four defeats in the process.

I wondered how other alliances were coping. I'm saddened to hear that the problem is widespread.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    We're doing alright here at Terran Dominion...lost a few members due to actual life commitments, but no one has left due to burnout yet. I think we're all still enjoying the game a fair amount, the amount may vary from player to player of course.

I know that part of my decline in score is due to Spider-Man, I used him with reckless abandon. It was relatively easy to score 1000 in every pvp with him stunning and healing en route to victory. Between his nerf and season 1 nonstop pvp's I've lowered my expectations a little bit. I managed to reach 1024 in Fresh Cut...some of that is owed to the 2 star bubble I found myself in last night...made for very quick wins.

Now, I'm just playing to put up scores that are decent enough for my standards and that help the alliance out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My old alliance pushed a few people out because of the changes that are happening. Looking for a new one if any of you guys have room
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We're doing alright here at Terran Dominion...lost a few members due to actual life commitments, but no one has left due to burnout yet. I think we're all still enjoying the game a fair amount, the amount may vary from player to player of course.
    I know that part of my decline in score is due to Spider-Man, I used him with reckless abandon. It was relatively easy to score 1000 in every pvp with him stunning and healing en route to victory.
    Between his nerf and season 1 nonstop pvp's I've lowered my expectations a little bit. I managed to reach 1024 in Fresh Cut...some of that is owed to the 2 star bubble I found myself in last night...made for very quick wins.

Now, I'm just playing to put up scores that are decent enough for my standards and that help the alliance out.