Please don't run God Pharaoh

Thésée
Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler

I just saw on the schedule that we are going to play Return of the God
Pharaoh next week.

Please don't run that event, it is awful...
6 hours refreshes are a nightmare. They simply don't allow us to sleep at the end of the event. Older players have played it a million times and newer player have a hard time in Legacy. I doubt they will have fun.

There was a time players were soooo bored of playing God Pharaoh some coalitions organised contests to keep players interested in the event. Players were stopwatching their games against the last boss to see who could defeat it faster. That was in... 2017... We are more than fed up with this event.

You guys have really improved the events in the past years (especially with the two nodes, 46 hours format), don't force us to play again such an horrible thing.

Please please please consider running something else.

Comments

• Nalthazar
    Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler

You guys know how much I appreciate you and love your game, but I am with Thesee on this. Old events are getting recycled too much for players who have been engaged in the game for a long time. I haven’t played coalition events for a few months now and I haven’t played this particular event for probably a year or more. The combination of how many times we have done the event along with the refresh timers have made it so I don’t plan to ever participate in this event again. I still enjoy the game, and I participate in daily events, but the game desperately needs an event makeover one of these days to help keep veterans engaged. I have ideas to share with you, and I am working on composing those into a succinct display to send.

• Redraw
    Redraw Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Ya boo.
    I just find it so hard to play this and avacyn. I love the variety but who has the time?

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker

A small adjustment to 8 hours refresh timer instead of 6 would help a lot.

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler

Bring me my dragon war you cowards. Jk I love you... but.... ...dragon war?

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

And Battle of the 4 Tribes in Legacy ❤️

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

@ArielSira said:
    And Battle of the 4 Tribes in Legacy ❤️

That one was also put on the chopping block
    RIP

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hey guys,
    Thank you very much for your interest!
    The Dragon War is not available anymore. This event has been deactivated for more than 2 years already. There are no plans to run the event again. Anyhow, I have shared the feedback and interest with the Design team.
    Also, about RotGP, I sent your feedback to the team, and any news about it I'll let you know.
    Rebeca.

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

What is the verdict on Battle of the 4 Tribes @Oktagon_Support ?

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hey guys,
    The Dragon War is not available anymore. This event has been deactivated for more than 2 years already. There are no plans to run the event again. Anyhow, I have shared the feedback and interest with the Design team.
    Also, about RotGP, I sent your feedback to the team, and any news about it I'll let you know.
    Rebeca.

This reply got me wondering; is there a list with events that are still active?

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hey guys,
    Rebeca.

This is a shame, The Dragon War had at least 2 good things going for it:

1) The >11 cost node which was unique in a PvP coalition event, and a tricky one!
    2) 5 nodes with color restrictions and an inability to duplicate PWs made you really think about which PWs to play in which nodes.

Why did players not like it? Was it because 5 nodes refreshing every 8 hours over 2 days was too many games? This could be remedied by having a shorter event, or a greater time between spawns, or even not spawning all 5 nodes with every spawn (perhaps, just one of the nodes spawns every 4 hours?).

Did Oktagon canvas a lot of players as to their thoughts on the event or just a few? Try increasing the prizes and see how players rate the event then, that always makes people rate events more highly!

Mothballing events is leaving content on the table, and whilst I'm glad to see the back of some of them (Thinking of you, The Elderspark), there are quite a few I'd like to see return (even Planeswalker Arena!)

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

@Janosik said:
    2) 5 nodes with ... an inability to duplicate PWs made you really think about which PWs to play in which nodes.

IMO, 4-5 nodes with locked PWs (and a reasonable number of charges) is where all of our events should be
    I loved having to really think about which PW to stick on each node
    Significantly added to the strategic complexity of the game

2-node events is generally brain-off, easy mode (even when it's Standard-version Timeless Voyage)

• Vesticles
    Vesticles Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2022

Regarding RotGP, I’m looking forward to it. I realize I might be in the minority here but I enjoy this event, as well as AM. I really enjoy the PVE matches, typically more than PVP, you know you’re not going to get locked down by a loop deck, the unique loyalty abilities of the PVE planeswalkers are cool, and the feel is just more exciting. The same formulaic PVP events of late are boring to me. The events supports are usually nothing to write home about and they all just feel uninspired. The dragon war, AM, BotFT, RotGP just have more depth to them for me and I really enjoy the variety. @Oktagon_Support, If you guys could just make a few adjustments that have already been covered by others, I don’t think I there’d be as much push back against these legacy PVE events. Battle of the four Tribes is my all time favorite coalition event. I’d love to see it again. Again, I realize I may be a minority in this but just want to put it out there.

• Anarchangel
    Anarchangel Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2022

Thank you, Oktagon, for changing the recharge to 8 hours.
    You are counting on there being people with time to play during the week, hence weekday events. But no one says so, so I will make a point of it: yes, we do exist.
    Furthermore, I may not be alone in having more time on the weekdays than on the weekends. Normal coalition events, I have to squeeze at least 12 charges into my weekend. On RGP, I can, depending on boss health, hypothetically let those 12 charges collect and play them at my leisure on Monday or even Tuesday.

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler

I don't mind God pharaoh from a gameplay perspective. its the boss heathbar that's the problem.

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards

I love RotGP. I get the comments above but it doesn't change the fact that these nodes are more satisfying to play than others more recent. My 2 cents

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards

Would love to see you design a new PVE coalition event without boss hp.