trick or treat?

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,279 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Hello everyone,

The most haunting time of the year is upon us, and I would like to invite you to play some pranks with me. 👻
What do you guys think about putting together a little Frankenswalker (or Planenstein🤔 )?
The idea is very simple, we are going to build a Planeswalker together 😂
But how? Well, each one can make 1 comment with some part of this Planeswalker. It can be about a physical characteristic, personality, Plane of origin, life story, anything goes.
And when the clock strikes 11:59 pm on October 31st, we will enjoy our newest creation together (not literally, I sleep before 10:00 pm).
And since it's Halloween, nothing fairer than having some treats too, so everyone who helps me create our little Frankenswalker will receive 1x DMU Black Booster!

PS: please also vote for your favorite: Frankenswalker or Planenstein? For me, it's definitely Frankenswalker.

Happy Halloween,
Rebeca.

Comments

• Skurwyknator
    Skurwyknator Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2022
    Options

Well, since its Frankenswalker then I believe the plane of origin should be Innistrad, so lets start from here

• Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited October 2022
    Options

Let's keep things literal. Since it's a Frankenswalker -- I much prefer this term to Planenstein -- let's have it be a zombie PW. I know PW don't formally get types in mtgpq, but it should be a zombie that another PW made and somehow infused with the PW spark. Like maybe Liliana had a magical day at the office or something. Or maybe the infinite universes converged and all the Liliana's from different times got together -- seriously, how many Liliana's are there now? -- and with the combined might of their power, they created a zombie PW.

• spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

I think the better term would be chimera, since the monster you are referring to is named after it's creator, where a chimera is just a magical beast, but put together out of many things.

It would be nice if it came from the Ravnica plane where it could have been friends with all of the undead things crawling around. Plus that would be the place that I would think something like this would come from.

• Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

It would be cool if it were a zombie version of an existing planeswalker personality. Zombie Gideon or something like that...

• Epitymbidia
    Epitymbidia Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

Make it a Sultai walker (blue/black/green), that would be a nice novelty.

• versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

What about a jack-o'-lantern headed Planeswalker named Samhain that pulls an all hallows eve effect by putting all creatures in all graveyards directly onto the battlefield.

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Epitymbidia said:
    Make it a Sultai walker (blue/black/green), that would be a nice novelty.

Yes, I wanted to say that too!

So instead I'll remark on the first pw power:
    Fertilize: put the first 5 different cards in your graveyard, then draw a card and convert 3 gems to green or black or blue.

(can we please please have an i game PW made out of the results?)

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Second PW ability:
    Pick one of the next 4 cards in your library, fetch it and destroy the others. Then convert gems to your PW colors equal to the amount of cards in your graveyard up to 30

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2022
    Options

You guys... it not a Frankenstein walker! We are the the Dr Frankenstein and the walker is our monster. Now that I'm done being pretentious, I just want it to be all colors, NOT colorless.... ALL colors with a little falvor of all colors in it. ^_^

• Spaz69
    Spaz69 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

I vote frankenswalker. Created by liliana and is a pumpkin zombie. And third ability is
    Destroy all creatures and return the last creature from each graveyard with their reinforcements to the battlefield under your control and give them haste 😮

• TBronx
    TBronx Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

Maybe a random creature from newest set is added to each players hand at the beginning of their turn. Sort of like a mass zombie uprising for All Hallows Eve.

• Mepistopheles
    Mepistopheles Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

I wote for Frankenswalker and I imagine it would be all colours, because it would be made from parts of the creatures from each colour.
    His appearance should be something in the un-sets vibes where all things got mashed up together, preferably head being head of an angel (Akroma or Avacyn), left hand would be a tentacle, or merfolks hand with those skin membranes between the fingers, left leg could be a demon's leg with hoof, right leg could dragon's leg, and right arm could be a bear's claw. The body could be metal plated engine with some gears sticking out, or kaladesh style engine, so there would be all the colours of mtg represented in this one abomination.
    The abilities could be:
    6: Create trick or treat token for all card in your graveyard.
    15: Sacrifice all your creatures and supports, you gain life equal to 2x the number of white gems on the battlefield and the white permanents you sacrificed, opponent's cards in his hand cost x more where x equals to the number of blue gems plus the number of blue permanents you sacrificed, Your opponent lose x life, where x is number of black gems plus the number of black permanents you sacrificed, destroy x gems priorizing your opponent's colours where x is number of red gems plus the number of red permanents you sacrificed, gain x mana, where x is the number of green gems and green permanents you sacrificed and create x Jack-o'-lantern 1/1 artifact scarecrow token for each loyalty gem plus the number of colourless permanents you sacrificed.
    25: exile all creatures and supports, then return all non-spell cards from all graveyards and exiles to play under its owners control, then create x trick or treat tokens where x is the number of cards retuned this way.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Frankenswalker definitely has a more cooler ring to it. Next to the walker, I would really like to see a second card that describes the creation of the Planeswalker Abomination (so not a Zombie or Chimera). I would like to see an Enchantment Saga that takes the players on a journey on how this walker was created. Episode 1: Discard a card, then draw two cards (Spend time on research and gain insight). Episode 2: Destroy all creatures. For each color among creatures destroyed this way, your mana bonus is increased by 1 for the next 3 turns. (Gather ingredients for the experiment) Episode 3: Put a token of Frankenswalker onto the battlefield under your control (the actual creation of the Planeswalker Abomination).

• Epitymbidia
    Epitymbidia Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Tezzeret said:
    You guys... it not a Frankenstein walker! We are the the Dr Frankenstein and the walker is our monster. Now that I'm done being pretentious, I just want it to be all colors, NOT colorless.... ALL colors with a little falvor of all colors in it. ^_^

I agree with this, though...
    But if anything, it should be Frankenwalker, not "FrankenSwalker".

• Namelesstoon
    Namelesstoon Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options

can it be zombajani?
    a) because a zombie lion is more interesting than another human one and...
    b) that damned lion never seems to die anyway so he might as well be an undead immortal... ;)

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,279 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments!
    I'm having so much fun reading them 😂
    I'm going to close the post now, and I wanted to ask everyone who commented to send me a DM with the UID number so I can send you your Booster.
    Thank you for participating 🧡
    Rebeca

This discussion has been closed.