Show tiles affected by abilities

Unknown
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
With Sentry likely to become a prominent member of the top tier I feel this is a good time to bring this issue up again. It'd be really nice if abilities that places tiles in a non-obvious way highlight the tiles they'd be affected. I certainly have no idea what kind of pattern Sniper Rifle targets in other than that the immediate corners in the 3X3 box don't get destroyed. For abilities like World Rupture it is useful to know when certain tiles are not available to be converted and there are quite a few abilities that have non-obvious targetting patterns now in the game. Sure, I can live without it, but it'd be really nice not have to memorize this stuff.

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Super necro! icon_mrgreen.gif

Anyway, I was going to post this as a suggestion but decided to search if it may have been brought up before.

One of the problems with targeted powers is that they might change in size or pattern according to how much covers you put into an ability ( including but not limited to for example MNMags blue, GSBW green/red ). Even if they don't change, it might not always be obvious from the textual description which tiles will be affected.

With team ups, it might be even more obscure -- maybe you don't even own the character/cover so you'll just be firing at random and hope for the best. Or you might have the power at a different level so the effect will be different from what you expect.

Since it's still a 'puzzle' game, I think it should be transparent what the effect of your move will be if it's not going to be random. That way you can put some more effort into figuring out the best move (and take out that nasty tile you wanted to get rid of).

/edit: Now that I think about it, goon countdown tiles may have different area effects too when they reach zero, they could also benefit from this; just add the same highlight when selecting the cd tile. (I always get confused which ecountdown.png has the small blast and which ecountdown.png has the large one icon_redface.gif ).
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I received a GSBW 'Pistol' team up the other day, and because I interpreted the effect incorrectly I accidentally shot down some special tiles I intended to preserve icon_e_sad.gif. So I thought I'd just give this topic another bump, for great justice. An effect highlight would be really great!