Boss event during weekdays

Options

Comments

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not all nodes need to be cleared to hit progression.
    Can do it with plenty to spare just doing 2 out of 3 clears.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yes
    Boss event during weekdays... YES!  Please please please make this a regular thing.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 954 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    I don't care.
    Don't you guys have phones where you can do clears on your lunch breaks?

Not everybody plays on a phone. I play on steam on a pc.
    I actually don't mind it. Might actually be better for me as my weekends are usually more tied up.

That's you and Snow, that's about it I think 🤣
    But ok yeah, point taken :)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t really care as long as it isn’t running with a concurrent PVE across a weekday. We’ll see how the rest of my alliance shows up or not I guess. I wish this murderworld one had some meaningful instructions on it though - it doesn’t tell you anything at all about how it is supposed to work as a binary event in the in-game description.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yes
    I change my vote to what ThaRoadWarrior said. no concurrent events.
  • bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    no
    With it being double iso I miss not having a PvE event concurrent since that’s a ton of double iso being missed out on, but i understand why there isn’t one this time since this boss event will need to be played till the end to get all rewards it seems 
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yes
    bigjojo04 said:
    With it being double iso I miss not having a PvE event concurrent since that’s a ton of double iso being missed out on, but i understand why there isn’t one this time since this boss event will need to be played till the end to get all rewards it seems 
    Dude what does any of that have to do with the actual poll of weekend event vs weekday event? 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    Bad said:
    I don't mind.
    Now the real question is why all people don't play on a phone.
    Nah, the real question is: why would I stop playing games on my PC like I've done for nearly 40 years now? Not the same computer obs, as I don't think my C64 could run MPQ ;)
    I can see the advantage of playing on a small device, but I like playing on a big screen, with a fun stream or podcast in the background.

Pretty much what I do as well. I play mostly at home and don't have time when out or otherwise.
    Also these new power descriptions that are 6 lines of fluff about the glories of fighting the Armies of Evil and then 6 lines of what the power does on Tuesday and Thursday but not on Friday unless Deadpool decides to wear a raincoat.... I can read those just fine on my monitor.
    My daughter has an account on her phone that I play around with from time to time. I wouldn't play this game on a phone.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    no
    I voted yes , but I’m for hidden option 3 I don’t really mind either way as I do a rotating 3 days , 3 nights 3 off so I can do most rotations at home or work 

Don't complain about all the missing points then when we miss Round 8 coz I couldn't play!!!
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    yes
    As someone who has worked Wednesday to Sundays for over 15 years, this is great.
  • lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    yes
    Yes yes yes, greater flexibility on work days and mostly I can play when I want so it fits great with work and life.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It feels weird having almost nothing much to do on weekdays. The feeling is different from not playing MPQ totally.

Anyway, I'm fine with either one. The existing setup is 50% weekday and 50% weekend anyway.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yes
     it doesn’t tell you anything at all about how it is supposed to work as a binary event in the in-game description.
    I guess that makes it even more like Civil War. And every story event before they revised the campaign. 

I normally work Tuesday through Saturday, so this mostly makes no functional difference to me at all. 

I voted yes because the first hour of a boss event — especially this one — is when I have to spend the most unpredictable time playing and coordinating the alliance as the boss flips happen quickly. Since that happened on my day off — and a holiday, to boot — that was all much easier. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wanted to wait till today to really see if I liked Boss events during the week or if they were better just on weekends.  

With only needing to do 11 matches total for a mid day clear I had more than enough time to do this on my lunch break.  I didn’t have to have to do these matches at a set time and if I needed to stop in the middle o could.  I can then do my 11 matches this evening when I get home.

now compare this to a normal PVE needing to do 30 clears for a PVE opening and 20 clears for a PVE end.  I would much rather have the boss event during the week and a regular PVE on the weekend.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yes
    I voted yes because I'm OK with it being during the week, but I'm equally OK with it being during the weekend. I am however pleased that it doesn't run simultaneously with another PVE event. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 767 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yes
    DAZ0273 said:
    I voted yes , but I’m for hidden option 3 I don’t really mind either way as I do a rotating 3 days , 3 nights 3 off so I can do most rotations at home or work 

Don't complain about all the missing points then when we miss Round 8 coz I couldn't play!!!
    Yeah don’t get me wrong, I prefer the weekend version.

I also agree it’s going to make it difficult to reach completion on events like this one as scoring is quite high 

hopefully it’s not going to be too regular 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    no
    DAZ0273 said:

Yeah don’t get me wrong, I prefer the weekend version.

I also agree it’s going to make it difficult to reach completion on events like this one as scoring is quite high 

hopefully it’s not going to be too regular 

I missed yesterday but have managed today because of *reasons* but dunno if I can pull off those *reasons" regularly, lol!
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yes
    This started on a Monday?  Damn, being retired and getting older, I often have no idea what day of the week we are on, so voted yes as it doesn't make any difference as far as I'm concerned.  
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    yes
    Well during weekends, I try to sleep late, so I often miss a refresh. Weekdays are very fine for me. 😁
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I don’t care either way. It takes less than 10 minutes to clear every 8 hours.  There is just nothing else to do which leaves me twiddling my thumbs during dinner.
    I wish there was some other PvE event running right now.
    A few lightning rounds and some PvP then shielding to hold placement is just boring.