Dilution of Taco Vault Rewards, Random or by Design?

trenchdigger
trenchdigger Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
My sweet taco vault for this week contains 404 items instead of the usual 300, and only 2 4*s, both covers for Karnak.  1 LT unchanged, total gold 4,000 unchanged, so additional 104 items must be 2*, 3* or health packs.

I'm sure that last week's contents were 300 items, 3 of which were 4*s which was a slight improvement on the 2 4*s in the historic sweet and savoury vaults.

This latest vault is definitely a dilution of rewards, but whether by accident or design is unclear.  Is everyone else seeing the same, or are the vault contents now increasingly randomised?

I wanted the extra 4,000 gold to use in the anniversary vault but might now wait until next week to see if contents drop back to 300, as anniversary vault should still be here in a week's time

Comments

• SandKing
    SandKing Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I also have a 404 vault.

It's such an odd number it has to be a bug.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep.  Mine went up to 404 also.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    I see 404 error sometimes. Perhaps, they meant to code it as 505?
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Maybe they should go with http 200 instead of 404 not found
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    is the 404 error some kind of deadpool/anniversary thing?
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Saw on Reddit that a dev said it's a bug that can't be fixed this week.  Your best option is to hold onto your tokens till next week.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Makes sense that it's a bug, considering the wrong 4* and wrong 3*s.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    Yknow, even IF this was intentional, I wouldn't be too mad.

it now takes half the time to hoard 300 pulls (since only one type of token), so it stands to reason if that's how you wanna play it's ok.

also, with all the other significantly positive reward changes, somethings gotta give somewhere right? this seems like a fair trade.