Increased difficulty in puzzle gauntlet

stef_focus
stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
The new puzzle gauntlet has been run before, but the targets have increased. Also I get the impression that the enemies have increased in strength.

Is there some scaling involved? My current roster is stronger than during previous runs, but with the final nodes this is a drawback.

It used to be that I could do the "Bending the Rules"node with Valkyrie (for 25 red), but now she is unable to trigger the bounty, and I also need 30 red. (I managed with 4* Cyclops.)

For the "Changing the Game" node I now need 30 purple, but the only character able to collect that (3* Hawkeye) gets punched down so hard, I barely make it to 15.

Also on the other nodes, I encounter enemies doing more damage than I remember.

Anybody else have similar experiences?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    That collect purple node sucked, yes.
    Made it with a 370 Cyclops with Sharon Carter support on like the 12th try.
    Rest of the nodes were easy.
  • bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    The only node that really gave me trouble was the collect 30 red AP as my IM40 isn’t champed at the moment so it took me a few tries to complete it as Karnak was beating my **** with his crit tiles. 

The purple AP node was easy with Quantum Realm support and AP boosts with Hawkguy, it only took me 1 try with that one. 

I’ve never really paid attention to the damage I take during these though, so I can’t really add anything to that part of the discussion. But I already got all progression rewards in like the first half hour so it wasn’t much of a hassle for me. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Puzzle gauntlet is always a sure way to fill up the swear jar. While getting 30 red or 30 purple wasn't difficult per se, it was challenging to get there before you got downed. 
    I used Cyc for the 30 red, some boosts beforehand, and Hawkguy for the 30 purple.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    Haven't started yet but compared the available nodes to the last time this specific gauntlet ran.  Definitely an increase for the enemies.  

Bending the Rules from 3-3-22

Killmonger lvl 52 1/1/0
    Karnak lvl 52 0/1/1

Bending the Rules from 9-29-22

Killmonger lvl 121 1/1/0
    Karnak lvl 121 0/2/1
  • Bowgentle
    edited September 2022
    Haven't started yet but compared the available nodes to the last time this specific gauntlet ran.  Definitely an increase for the enemies.  

Killmonger lvl 52 1/1/0
    Karnak lvl 52 0/1/1

Killmonger lvl 121 1/1/0
    Karnak lvl 121 0/2/1
    Mine are 163.
    Guess it scales to roster.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:

Killmonger lvl 52 1/1/0
    Karnak lvl 52 0/1/1

Killmonger lvl 121 1/1/0
    Karnak lvl 121 0/2/1
    Mine are 163.
    Guess it scales to roster.
    Interesting..would not have ever guessed it was coded that way.  
  • Bowgentle
    Maybe they changed it.
    Because I remember puzzle gauntlet being annoying, but I was never worried about wiping.
    And I wiped on that Medusa / Marvel node.
    A lot.

Oh, covers scale up, too.
    Karnak is 0/3/2 for me.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was it easier before?  IM40 and Hawkguy killed the collect red and purple ap nodes. Thanks for nerfing CM and Medusa as well as Karnak and Killmonger to give them a chance. I suspect roster scaling might be the reason I don’t get this thread. 
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Level 151 for me. I got the red node first time with Valkyrie but I had a bit of luck. At least 3 times I managed to hit the damage threshold to get the bonus red AP just before the countdown ran out. Took me two goes on the purple node using Hawkeye. Just kept matching special tiles as quickly as I could before I ran out of health.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine are lvl 176 for killmonger and 177 for karnak
    198 capt marvel and 199 medusa
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Mine are KM/Karnak at 195 and Medusa/Carol at 219.

That karnak with blue AP en masse was hitting quite hard. 100k healthpool and killing my maxed cyclops two times.

But I got two 3* support dupes out of this, so who's laughing now!
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Team KK @ 155/156 and Cap Medusa at 174/175

I have a max Cyclops & Valk with Winter Soldier at 368.  Given the required characters are 3* & 4*, it's weird to see the scaling must be based on full roster.  My highest 5* is 480
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,220 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess it makes sense.  If they didn't scale, then your champed 5* would often kill the team before the win conditions are met.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    KM level 142, medusa 160.
    It would be great if all events scaled to rosters, however on puzzle gauntlet there are restrictions and a 3* character will have a though time if it's the best option for a node.
  • Bowgentle
    Bad said:
    KM level 142, medusa 160.
    It would be great if all events scaled to rosters, however on puzzle gauntlet there are restrictions and a 3* character will have a though time if it's the best option for a node.
    No, it would be terrible.
    PVE used to scale to roster, which lead to softcappers dominating PVE.
    Just be glad you were not around for that.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I don’t remember what levels I was going against, but I find the difficulty to be perfect for me- frustrating at times, and you have to strategize and work for the win.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between not having difficulty and to scale to roster, I'd rather prefer the last.
    Perhaps one day I will see my dreamed difficulty levels outside regular PvE content, for each one to be able to choose rewards and challenge level.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    This current Puzzle Gauntlet is a joke. Collecting aps got to be the easiest run of all runs.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    This current Puzzle Gauntlet is a joke. Collecting aps got to be the easiest run of all runs.
    Yeah! Only a tinykitty wouldn’t have all the abilities of every character rostered and at a playable level memorized to find the combination to make it easy. Supports make it even easier!

Ummmm, on a completely unrelated topic, what did people use to keep Magneto and Mockingbird from ruining the 30 TU and 30 green acquisition runs? Asking for a friend.
  • Bowgentle
    Yeah! Only a tinykitty wouldn’t have all the abilities of every character rostered and at a playable level memorized to find the combination to make it easy. Supports make it even easier!

Ummmm, on a completely unrelated topic, what did people use to keep Magneto and Mockingbird from ruining the 30 TU and 30 green acquisition runs? Asking for a friend.
    Thorkoye for both of that if you have them.