Break my CP hoard or keep saving for FF

statnut
statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
I was originally planning on saving my little CP hoard for Anniversary season, with the hopes of adding a few more covers to me 2/1/2 Shang Chi. Now I'm wondering if it's better to crack it in the hopes of getting more covers for my 1/1/3 Thor while she's still in LL. Bear in mind that right now I'm sitting on 460 CP, so we're talking 18 pulls, which isn't that many. 

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Wait and see who is in the Anniversary store before you decide.
    Jane should be in the LLT rotation for another 6 weeks, so you have time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    With only 18 pulls, I would hold on for a few more months. Shang Chi should be in next year Chinese New Year store, which is about 4-5 months away.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    18 pulls isn't going to net you a significant number of 5* covers. Save up.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    def save up for at least 3000+.  You need to be able to withstand any extending loosing streak of pulls.  You can beat it, by pulling lots of tokens over the season (and alot of forum posters can reasonably expect to see 80-100 LTs via feeders, event prizes, farms etc.), or be able to spend enough LTs to sustain through any losing streak.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    With only 18 pulls, I would hold on for a few more months. Shang Chi should be in next year Chinese New Year store, which is about 4-5 months away.
    You said the same last year and SC was not in the Chinese new year store (though he was in a release store shortly before). 

Are you going for a broken clock twice a day strategy?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think everyone here does that, so it's a norm.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    def save up for at least 3000+.  You need to be able to withstand any extending loosing streak of pulls.  You can beat it, by pulling lots of tokens over the season (and alot of forum posters can reasonably expect to see 80-100 LTs via feeders, event prizes, farms etc.), or be able to spend enough LTs to sustain through any losing streak.

Rofl.
    Yeah, telling someone who considers 18 pulls a hoard to save up to 3000 is solid advice 🤣
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Phumade said:

Rofl.
    Yeah, telling someone who considers 18 pulls a hoard to save up to 3000 is solid advice 🤣
    lol 3000cp
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Strange was in the FF Anniversary vault last year and I did around that many pulls to try and get some covers to finish mine off. Like 18-25 pulls and I didn't pull a single 5*. It still hurts just thinking about it. So, yeah, keep saving. 
  • Bowgentle
    Phumade said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Phumade said:

Rofl.
    lol 3000cp
    OK, he might manage that, yeah 😁
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,759 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been playing for 7 years and I've never managed to hoard much more than 1000 CP!
    Then again, it's probably very different if you spend like Croesus ;)
  • Bowgentle
    edited September 2022
    Alfje17 said:
    Been playing for 7 years and I've never managed to hoard much more than 1000 CP!
    It's easy to hoard.
    You just need to know what your goals are.
    Champ em all? Pull just enough to 450 everyone, save the rest of your pulls.
    Get 550s? Take the 2-4 free covers for 5s, hoard through them.
    Just ignore your CP, it's just a number getting bigger.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Alfje17 said:
    It's easy to hoard.
    Yeah, I only spend like $2 a month to activate bonus rewards and I'll do the occasional deal if it will help me get a bit closer to finishing off one of my remaining unchamped 5s. Otherwise I just do a bunch of farming to build up my cp and just ignore how much cp I have. I opened my last hoard when Jane went into tokens, then started saving again and will open my next hoard when Emma goes in. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:

There is nothing quite so painfully expensive as spending your way out of a losing streak...
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in a similar situation and I decided to go for it. Normally I avoid spending CP on latests and just use LTs there, but the current set is very good, so it was hard to resist. Not that I had much luck, but if they're going to turn out to be 4s anyway, then might as well open them sooner rather than later to make the most of the champ rewards. I'll probably go back to hoarding CP once KK has left though.

I guess it just comes down to how much you are enjoying Dr. Thor (and KK/Chasm/She-hulk). Maybe Shang-Chi will be in the anniversary store, but there's no guarantee. It could just be Apocalypse, Kitty and Strange or Deadpool like the last few ones.

Bowgentle said:
    Alfje17 said:
    It's easy to hoard.
    If you're main aim is to champ them all and you don't care about what order then why hoard at all? Better to just open classics.