Deadpool Daily Update (Live 9/19/22)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited September 2022 in MPQ News and Announcements

INT - UNDERGROUND S.H.I.E.L.D. BUNKER, CAMP LEHIGH

Two analysts are staring at a screen showing the current settings of Stark-Tech Training Room 12, which hasn’t been updated since a certain Wade Wilson decided to do some “rewiring” to keep Arnim Zola out of the systems. Arnim’s digital form can be seen on one of the screens in the background, apparently playing chess with another analyst.

Analyst A: Sure we shouldn’t call Fury? This can’t be normal.
Analyst B: Have you ever *met* Deadpool? Nothing about that guy is normal.
Analyst A: I’m still alive, aren’t I? Of course I haven’t met him!
Analyst B: You’re missing out. He can sling a mean Disgrace-adilla. He brought his food truck around last week.

The analysts look on as an image of Deadpool, Spirit of Vengeance resolves on-screen, playing with action figures of various Super Heroes and Villains. CLOSE ON: Monitor

Deadpool: Kapow! Zap! Bang bang! Take that, Vulture! Thwip thwip! Oh no, Chasm’s here and Vulture got away!

CUT TO: Analyst A tilting her head, trying to figure out what Deadpool is *doing* in there. REZOOM AND MATCH CUT: The monitor image flips over from Room 12 to Training Room 13.

Lady Deadpool: Vroom vroom! Kraaaaaaay-van! What’s this?! A Wakandan fighter? No match for the Kra-van with built-in spring powered plastic missile! Boom!

CUT TO: Analyst A, head still tilted. Analyst B tilts his head in the other direction.
JUMP CUT TO: Training Room 12, Deadpool suddenly in his normal red outfit and not at all on fire. The table, once covered in action figures, now has three trays stacked with varieties of hard shelled tacos.

Deadpool: Record Scratch! I’ve taken over this transmission! And I’ve brought tacos! And improvements to my very own set of daily trials for all you players out there, the Deadpool Daily!

Deadpool lifts a handwritten paper to the camera. ZOOM IN on paper, festooned with pencil sketches of Deadpool being awesome and meeting unicorns, along with some information on his changes in the margins.

Deadpool: And I’ve got all the neet deets riiiiiight here.

FOCUS on the paper, fading Deadpool’s voice. FREEZE FRAME

That’s right! New updates to Deadpool’s Daily Quest! New challenges, new times, new rewards!

Deadpool Dailies will now reset on a 7 day schedule from a 5 day schedule, resetting on Mondays. You could set your watch by it, if your watch told the days of the week. Which it probably doesn’t.

Update overview:

• As of 9/19/22, Deadpool Daily will reset on Monday for a 7 day cycle

• There are two additional nodes, containing new challenges and rewards

• Every other Deadpool Daily will contain TWO Crash of the Titans nodes

• Progression rewards have been updated

Node updates

The two new nodes are easy to come to grips with, having the same enemies as you’re used to facing in the Behemoth Burrito, but with different team requirements making for an interesting battle.

These team comps are chosen so that players that are capable of putting up a strong enough 2-Star team or are into the 3-Star roster land can defeat this set of enemies and get a Mighty Token, and similarly agents of higher power can get a set of Hero Points out of the new “I’ve Got a Golden Disc… et” node every day.

As well, we’ve updated the Iso-8 rewards on the left hand side of the map with double the Iso for each node. This isn’t much on a day by day basis (1500 Iso), but 3K a day over the course of a month really stacks up for completing a bare two nodes. Cha ching!

Crash requires a little more explanation. Currently, there is a Crash of the Titans every 5 days rewarding 6 tokens every 30 days in total. We wanted to make sure we kept to this cadence with the 7 day version. So we decided to double up every other run, making for an average of 6 tokens every 28 days instead. The big difference here is that the second node will use the SAME character that week. So if you need Nova for one pin, you’ll be using him against another for that week too. If you’re interested in those juicy Legendary Tokens, better get your roster ready for more tough battles!

(Update) In regards to Taco Tokens, Deadpool Dailies will now always reward the same kind of Taco Token (Sweet). So no more 50/50 splits of Savory/Sweet. The Vaults will still update as normal each reset, but it will always take the same Sweet Token. The old unused Savory Tokens will be usable in a retired Vault, as per usual with other Vault tokens.

Progression Update

One thing to note is that the progression rewards have *not* been updated to take these new points you can earn into account. This means that for players that happen to be missing a required character for either Dat Required Character or Behemoth Burrito, there’s an opportunity to earn those points in these two new nodes instead.

Graphical Updates

With two new versions of this event we’ve also taken the opportunity to update the art as well, creating two all new varieties of backgrounds featuring both Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) and Lady Deadpool. Enjoy the added eye candy!

FLASH CUT to Training Room 14. Deadpool standing in the middle in his X-Force outfit with the walls and grids repainted white and grey. Or is he still in his red suit and the display is now black and white?

Deadpool: And….. that’s not all! Try the new and improved Deadpool Daily today and you’ll also receive a free bonus gift of a 3 and 5 Star character release! That’s right, using my cosmically amazing powers as the Spirit of Vengeance, I’ve split the souls of some of the upcoming peeps into two and passed the savings on to you! I mean, it’s either that or the team over at Broken Circle created two different versions. I prefer to think *I* did all the work though. It’s just cooler.

CUT TO: Analysts, heads even *further* tilted

Analyst A: Who is Broken Circle?
Analyst B: Not one of the hero teams I know of. Get one of the deep dive crews on it.

CUT TO: Training Room 12, Deadpool back as Spirit of Vengeance

Deadpool: In any case, you’ll be getting some new stuff! Here’s how they’ll be doling out those goods.

FREEZE FRAME. CUE AUTOSCROLLING TEXT.

3 / 5-Star Releases

With the next 5-Star releases, we’ll also be releasing a 3-Star version of that character as well. These characters will be designed and presented similarly to other older 3 / 5-Star pairings such as Doctor Strange and Gambit. Essentially, their ability sets will carry similarities, but also be meaningfully different from one another. 

Release schedules for these new pairs will be much like a normal 5-Star release with that character having their own release event, being available in a special HP store, then going to Legendary Packs around the time of the next Versus Event season. The difference is in how the 3-Star will be released.

3-Star Release Cadence

While the 5-Star release cadence is unchanged, 3-Stars are all new. To get these new characters out in the world, we’ll be doing the following:

• Launching a 3-Star Versus Event featuring them at the same time as the Release event for the 5-Star. This means that you’ll *immediately* get to play with a loaner of the 3-Star version.

• Putting the 3-Star into applicable packs *the same day* as release. You’ll be able to pull the 3-Star from Heroic tokens, Versus packs, etc. right away.

• Heroic and Mighty Packs will temporarily have increased odds on the new 3-Star.

• Adding a 3-Star Step-Up Bundle on release for those who want to get a jump start on growing out that character. This bundle will contain a number of covers for that character, allowing agents to level them up, even get them into Champion status immediately.

• And the big one…

Roster Slots

One thing that agents have brought up quite a bit since we’ve announced 3 / 5-Stars coming down the pipe is that Roster Slot costs are going to get really expensive really quickly, especially for those at over 300 characters. And for those below 300, they’ll be getting an extra character per rotation now, so they’ll hit that mark quicker.

We’ve answered that our intention is not to put monetary pressure on players with these new releases; instead we want to allow for more variety in play across play levels. New players will get cool new releases to play with that they couldn’t get yet in 5-Star land, and veterans will get new characters to use for lower tiered combat and to fill in meta gaps that the lower number of characters around there bring. Not to mention the extra Champion rewards that will be earnable from a new character.

So, we’ve decided to do the following to alleviate that:

• With the launch of the first 3 / 5-Star, we’re cutting Roster Slot costs for slots over 300 from 2000 HP to 1200 HP.

• As noted above, we’re also adding in a daily infusion of Hero Points in Deadpool Daily.

The net result of these two changes is that Hero Point outlay for Roster Slots for many players will actually slightly *decrease*, while also defraying much of the cost of those players that are rostering multiples of all the new characters for Champion farming purposes and have already (or will soon) hit that 300 Slot count.

To note, as with most monetization/pricing changes, we’ll be offering a refund on Roster Slots recently purchased (at the increased cost over 300 slots) to alleviate feelings of “missing out” on the lower prices if you would otherwise have waited. If you made any Roster Slot purchases from 9/8 (September 8th) till the changes go Live and you feel that you wouldn’t have done it knowing this change, toss a ticket into CS and we’ll take care of it.

SLOW ZOOM FROM MONITOR. Monitor goes to static. Analysts have straightened their necks, and are rubbing them from the obvious cricks they’ve developed. In the background, Zola crows about a checkmate.

Analyst A: What the blazes did we just watch?
Analyst B: I don’t know. But I think I’m going to hop over to Room 12 and see if I can get me a spicy taco.
Analyst A: Not gonna risk it. Enjoy your heartburn on a tortilla.
Analyst B: I certainly will!

SLOW ZOOM TOWARDS THE ELEVATOR. CUE SLOW THOUGHTFUL STRING MUSIC. FADE IN, CENTER

Fin

FLASH IN, LOWER RIGHT QUARTER: Deadpool in a blue circle giving a thumbs up.
FADE OUT, FADING MUSIC AS WELL

SCENE