What is your 3*/5* schedule roster plan?

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
Having noticed that I am sitting on 290 roster slots, it occurs to me that I more than ever need a plan for the extra release before hitting that dreaded 300 milestone. I know there is a genuine thought trail that says sucking it up is the thing to do but it sort of grinds on me that I am going to be paying double for something that offers no additional use or benefit than it did before. I went through my roster and it looks like I have about 19-20 farming dupes right now which I could sell the Max champ 3* version of to help slow down the march towards 300. My logic is that rostering a new 3* is sort of like farming again but I dunno if I am totally sold on selling all my hard earned rostered max champs. So what to do? I guess a lot depends on what the Devs come up with but I figure we can still plan-ulate here whilst waiting. Much like Todd McFarlane might have said in an introduction to the Spawn cartoon:

What would you'se do if like da Spawn which I created you were treadin' the fine line between needin' HP and not needin' HP pushed by heaven and hell and also der Devs? Would'ya do right or would'ya do wrong? Or would'ya do nothing in which case would'ya? I'm Todd McFarlane and I don't play Marvel Puzzle Quest...maybe.

What is your 3*/5* schedule roster plan? 39 votes

I don't need a plan - I'm Batman (HP rich)
30%
Punter1MoosePrimeKoorogi_859BlackBoltRocksKGBBubba3210MadScientiststef_focusshardwickikulskittledaddylilshir 12 votes
Trust the Devs - they will deliver the gold I need
12%
WilgerDAZ0273dramatistMr_FGrizwald 5 votes
Suck it up and grind it out
10%
Tiger_WongGodzillafan67Timemachinegobigjojo04 4 votes
Panic
2%
a_girlboss 1 vote
Complain
0%
Drink
2%
Seasick Pirate 1 vote
Sell Max Champed characters for the slot
23%
DyingLegendpezseThaRoadWarriorMegaBeefractalvisionsSekiliciousBradUFGymp28fersht 9 votes
Buy HP needed
2%
revskip 1 vote
Not roster the 5 or 3
0%
Other - I might tell you or I might not, Hydra Stomper Boy
15%
CHRISJNOmegasedBriMan2222CarnifexWilliamK1983Dok12 6 votes

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone will have to suck it up because sooner rather than later we'll be at 300 unique characters.
    So yeah, curious to see their proposed changes to help with roster slot pressure.

Disclaimer: 344 slots here, and I buy HP anyway 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    I'll just... Keep playing I think
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to try to build 3* max champs but have since discovered that they aren’t necessary to make it to 1200 in PvP and they have iso stored in them, which I need more than anything. Now they get sacrificed to the meat grinder as soon as I have the duplicate fully covered
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assumed you meant 3* champs, so i picked sell. It’s long been my experience that 3s at any level are irrelevant for any purpose other than unlocking nodes. But if it’s 4*s, I’m still hanging on to my max champs because they matter a little more and it takes actual years to grow them that high.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Everyone will have to suck it up because sooner rather than later we'll be at 300 unique characters.
    So yeah, curious to see their proposed changes to help with roster slot pressure.

I’m not convinced we aren’t already seeing a test run of it with Double PVP mk II here honestly.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm at 300 slots and holding. I'll sell off max-champed 3-stars until I run out. When that happens, I have enough HP income to pay for new slots. I won't like it, but it is what it is.
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    I voted other as I am a combination of the options. I am currently like you, sitting at 295 spots and awaiting the dreaded 300. I have 30k HP at the moment, so that will keep me going for however long, and when/if that runs out I'm going to have to suck it up. However, probably being in the minority here, I have some faith and trust in our new devs. So far I've seen plenty of good intentions by them and I do believe they will implement some boosted form of resources. Even if its not enough to cover a whole new slot, I'd be grateful for at least some help.

Also cost of living in the UK is appalling now and I can't afford to drink. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

I’m not convinced we aren’t already seeing a test run of it with Double PVP mk II here honestly.
    If they want to burn out their most dedicated, spending playerbase, sure.
    It'd be the most stupid thing they can do, but whatever.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    100% f2P - 378 Roster Slots, have a full set of max level 2* & 3*, currently at about 50 4* dupes

I'm not HP rich, but I have no concern about an extra 2k HP per month to roster the new 3*.
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Forgot to mention in my initial post, I have all 3s maxed and duped, and I don't intend to sell any max champed 3s with the return of heroic events just yet. I don't have the broadest 5 star roster, and may need to lean on my 4s and 3s more during those heroics. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm at 296 slots right now.  I voted other because my plan is that hopefully there will be a good special store soon that I can spend my 12,000 cp on and reap the HP from all the champ rewards.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Roster slots over 300 are now going to be 1200 per instead of 2000. There is more HP on offer in the new Deadpool Daily as well.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Rhipf said:
    Roster slots over 300 are now going to be 1200 per instead of 2000. There is more HP on offer in the new Deadpool Daily as well.
    this fixed some. sadly no refund for the 40 slots over 300
  • DAZ0273
    Right now that is (mostly) resolved it is time to drink! What's ya poison?
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    I currently have 278 characters rostered.  I'm a collect them all player so I will always have one of every character on my roster, even the 1*s, and I have all characters rostered plus six dupes(I'll get to those in a bit).  

I stock up on HP whenever it goes on sale, so I always have plenty.  All 4*s are champed and the new release takes me about a month to champ.  Having all the 4*s champed and a 2* and 3* farm firing on all cylinders handles any roster spot costs I need.  I buy the HP for health packs and shields.  My highest 4* is lvl 310 so I'm nowhere near dupe territory for 4*s.  

The six dupes I currently have are four 3*s and two 2*s.  For the 2* tier when a character is maxed, as soon as I pull a cover for that character again the max is sold.  The only time that doesn't apply is if that 2* is the current featured 2* or is listed as a feature in an upcoming event on the update thread.  Then I'll hang onto the max and get the dupe going so I can sell as soon as they aren't featured.  

With the 3*s it's a slight variation of my 2* strategy.  I'll sell my max 3 as soon as I re-champ that character, not just re-roster like I do with the 2*s.  With shardgeting, it takes me about a week to get the 13 covers needed to re-champ a 3*.  

With the 3*/5* releases, my immediate goal will be to roster both asap for required node purposes.  Specifically for the 3*, get em champed and giving rewards as quickly as I can.  Not sure of a time frame since the 3* tier hasn't changed since I started playing 640 days ago.  Regarding the 5* I'll keep doing what I usually do, pull from the release store until I roster that character.  If I have a decent amount of CP and the accompanying 5*s are in need of covers, I might pull more.  That's been my primary strategy to beef up my under covered 5*s, which I have many.  Seems to be the most efficient way to catch them up.  

So that's my plan.  Really no different than what I normally do.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I swim in a pool of hp so I'm not really concerned. Cloak and Dagger is probably my next 4* to be max champed so this change just saved me 800hp when I roster her dupe next week and then the week after that I'll save another 800hp when I roster 5* She-Hulk.  B)
  • BradUF
    BradUF Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I carry my champed 3s, until I can champ the replacement
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Play and play and save tokens, pull a bit  if needed. If not chasing a season stone, do pvp with progression in mind, shield on the last 3 hours. Dont buy stores using hp. Last time I bought hp is during sale only. 377 slots to date..
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    So uhm, why is the "300 slots" milestone so dreaded? I'm already spending 1000 hp per new slot, so 1200 hp doesn't sound too bad for me. I'm just little below 150 slots anyway, so I got a long way before I'm reaching 300 slots
  • DAZ0273
    So uhm, why is the "300 slots" milestone so dreaded? I'm already spending 1000 hp per new slot, so 1200 hp doesn't sound too bad for me. I'm just little below 150 slots anyway, so I got a long way before I'm reaching 300 slots
    It was 2000 until very very recently.