Doomskar Claimants [Investigating]

Options
Rant_Ent
Rant_Ent Posts: 68 Match Maker
Actually playing with ral Izzet. 3rd ability activated, no Flux of genius token created on the board.
Maybe the boards gems was ALL snow gems. But nothing strange in the match itself.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Rant_Ent said:
    Actually playing with ral Izzet. 3rd ability activated, no Flux of genius token created on the board.
    Maybe the boards gems was ALL snow gems. But nothing strange in the match itself.

Yeah, this is a rarely experienced part of the game. If all gems are modified in some way, then you cannot cast supports or add new supports to the board. 

Just last night, one of my teammates was talking about using Dakkon’s ult on the snow board. I reminded him to make sure there was room for the support before activating the ult for this reason. 
    EDIT: pretty sure I should have included loyalty gems in the list of gems where you can’t drop a support
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a known issue. Actually had that happen when I was using Nicol Bolas 2, flipped side to ult. I was stupid enough to not check if there was free space on the board before using the ult, so the ult triggered, loyalty was lost and nothing happened. What actually should happen, is that the game itself checks this before it deducts the loyalty. I've seen often enough that the AI wants to trigger an ultimate, you hear the FX / sound of the ultimate going off, but nothing actually happens, because the conditions for that ult are not met (e.g. Gideon 1 with no creature on the board, Brokhan with no creatures with power 6 or up in his library or already 6 cards in hand, etc).

When the board is full of Snow gems, you cannot cast supports from hand and the game supports this by showing the support card in hand with a red cross. It should also support loyalty abilities that need to create a support as one of its effects.

@Oktagon_Support: something to think about.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.