**** Reptil (Humberto Lopez) ****

Options

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Looks to be DOA.  
    There is nothing special here other than the affiliation bonuses.
    Hopefully he feeds somebody bad so I don’t have to put a lot of time into him getting extra covers.

* edit since there is no feeder planned, he’s going to be out of sight out of mind for me.
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Yes! I finally called a character correctly from a clue (she-hulk notwithstanding, as it was so obvious) 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I think it's a pretty solid new 4*.
    That "empower" by a 50% is really tricky. Running it with hulking and another special tiles creator can make devastating ones.
    Also hulking and reptil can fortify.
    And reptil's powers are pretty pretty cheap. 
    That friendly damage is new and original. SW could take advantage of a friendly hit for to answer later (with an extra 10% supernatural bonus).
    And finally the affiliation bonus which shows the beginning of a new era.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2022
    Options
    So, are we getting Arcade's Murderworld as an Alliance Event then because this guy is in the game now?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    okay, ignore that last post.  Discord states that like 4* Jennifer Walters, Reptil starts without a feeder but with reason

"No feeder planned for him. There's a reason for that, which I can't reveal at the moment."
    5* Devil Dino for Anniversary! :)

KGB
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    okay, ignore that last post.  Discord states that like 4* Jennifer Walters, Reptil starts without a feeder but with reason

"No feeder planned for him. There's a reason for that, which I can't reveal at the moment."
    For She Hulk they said she will feed the next character. This time Ice said no feeder planned for reasons. So there is a non feeder plan for him. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He feels like a 5,5,3 to me.  This is mainly because as a 5* player I don’t worry about my 4* taking match damage and during his PVP I would be looking at my best 2 buffed 5* and not worried about the affiliation.  

i do like the concept of his powers and look forward to trying him out
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've no idea who this guy is, but his powers are straightforward, with the exception of the word empower, which has been clarified.

There are two ways to play around his potential self-stun: 
    1) team him up with allies that go airborne to avoid the self stun.
    2) make use of self-stun. Hydra Stomper comes to mind.

Alternatively, focus on his 25% damage increment for Supernatural allies. The kit is pretty straightforward, so there's nothing much to it.
    He seems pretty new, and pretty street level. I have a Spider-Man tie in comic to the King in Black Knull crossover and they were like going around the city helping old ladies cross the street while Knull’s minions were running amok. He can turn into dinosaurs it seemed like.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So much for "going forward every new 4* will feed a 5*"  we've been bamboozled.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You'll note that statement doesn't say 'on release'.

So if this 4* becomes a feeder in a month or two for a new 5*, they will still be fulfilling their promise. I think many players mentally added the 'on release' part to that statement.

KGB
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hispanic Heritage month starts next week, so likely the 3/5* character also fits this theme?
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    KGB said:

So if this 4* becomes a feeder in a month or two for a new 5*, they will still be fulfilling their promise. I think many players mentally added the 'on release' part to that statement.

KGB
    I hear what you're saying and I think that's a really bad idea for the devs to put into practice.  I have 4* She-Hulk just sitting there waiting to champ but I can't because I run the risk of missing her 5* feeder cover since she won't feed 5* She-Hulk until she rotates into LLs.  And I have to wait cuz they said it won't be retroactive.  So now what do we do with Reptil?  Are we supposed to just sit on him unchamped for a feeder tbd?  Poor planning and poorer communication on bc's part.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

KGB
    I hear what you're saying and I think that's a really bad idea for the devs to put into practice.  I have 4* She-Hulk just sitting there waiting to champ but I can't because I run the risk of missing her 5* feeder cover since she won't feed 5* She-Hulk until she rotates into LLs.  And I have to wait cuz they said it won't be retroactive.  So now what do we do with Reptil?  Are we supposed to just sit on him unchamped for a feeder tbd?  Poor planning and poorer communication on bc's part.  
    She hulk feeds already.
    Champ her and you see the cover at 280.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've no idea who this guy is, but his powers are straightforward, with the exception of the word empower, which has been clarified.

Alternatively, focus on his 25% damage increment for Supernatural allies. The kit is pretty straightforward, so there's nothing much to it.
    He seems pretty new, and pretty street level. I have a Spider-Man tie in comic to the King in Black Knull crossover and they were like going around the city helping old ladies cross the street while Knull’s minions were running amok. He can turn into dinosaurs it seemed like.
    I only know him from the old Super Hero Squad cartoon ( Which is great fun even if you don't have younger kids: I hate those Squaddies!) but that must be at least 10 years old so not that new.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I only know him from the old Super Hero Squad cartoon ( Which is great fun even if you don't have younger kids: I hate those Squaddies!) but that must be at least 10 years old so not that new.
    And he was in comics before that!
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can 4* Reptil feeds a 4* Devil Dinosaur?  I see a relation.  Just kidding.
    I am predicting, Reptil doesn't feed anyone until the next upcoming 5 star.
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    Options
    can only speculate why he isn't a feeder yet. Wonder if it's because of the impending "big" announcement coming up - or to feed planned future character. Would like to think that it is the latter option. Not sure that this first 5/3 release will be the right character, hoping for Wong. Sus some Anniversary shenanigans, maybe a bonus 5*, Humberto could feed a 5* Moon Girl or something of that nature.

Seems like a playable character, probably a 553, hoping that his final numbers get a buff, otherwise will be a B/C tier. I saw the initial numbers on the d3go site - laughably weak - these numbers look much better.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Maybe the upcoming 3 will feed Reptil who will feed the upcoming 5.
    Which would suck because then we'd need further 'bonus' 4s to catch up with the unfed old 5s.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:

And he was in comics before that!
    Huh, cool. The issue I had made it seem like he was trying to join the avengers. But I didn’t look him up; probably should have.
  • SandKing
    SandKing Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    According to a screenshot on discord, this guy feeds Havoc.