Chasm: Revive destroying Abyss didn't ever cause a cascade

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
So, this may be a complete coincidence, but I was playing Chasm in PVE today and it dawned on me around the third time he revived, that destroying the Abyss tiles wasn't causing any cascade.  At all.  The tiles were destroyed and the board shook up, but not once was there a cascade.

I then started counting the number of times it happened as I went through PVE and it happened 17 times after I noticed it.

Anyone else noticed this or was it just an odd coincidence?  I am going to track it during my next PVE grind tomorrow morning.  Just thought it was odd.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odd coincidence IMO.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually it does. At least trying to test it I got a match. However chasm having so low health for to kill himself with his passive is rare and sometimes I got something more perverse: the enemy doing cascades thanks to chasm destroying his tiles, and even downing my second character who jumped in front after chasm previous down.

What I really don't get is his passive dealing damage and never is the same for both teams.
    I suspect is the damage chasm deals to his team and the damage the strongest foe deals to his team, boosted by 200% or by 90%.
    So it's too tricky to understand.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to hear.  Must have just been a very flukey thing.  Will re-test again when I do my final PVE grind.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are sure chasm passive will kill himself you have a chance to examine abyss tiles and see if there are chances to cascade, and then make the move.
    However if the enemy kills you, the usual scenario, although stunned, that cascade is on AI's hands, as I said.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Bad said:
    What I really don't get is his passive dealing damage and never is the same for both teams.
    I suspect is the damage chasm deals to his team and the damage the strongest foe deals to his team, boosted by 200% or by 90%.
    So it's too tricky to understand.
    I thought this was tricky at first as well but I understand after playing with him some more.

The damage dealt by the passive is based on the color of AP drain and amount of AP and many times is different for both teams. He drains up to 3 AP (at power level 5) from both front characters strongest color with AP, and very often both front characters will not have the same strongest color and same amount of AP to drain.  

Chasm often tanks so he will be draining friendly AP in his strongest colors usually.  When he drains red yellow or blue AP the damage is much less.  Same if he is draining 1 AP vs 3 AP, etc.