Returning player

Sekilicious
Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
So I quit a bunch of months ago due to boredom and probably anxiety (Abagail had just been released) and am considering returning. Reading through the forum it looks like there are a few changes and possibly new great characters in Dr. Thor and Chasm. 

Let’s make this an appreciation thread for changes in the last 9 months. Hopefully it helps new players become acclimated to MPQ as well. 

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's an entirely new dev studio handling the game now, it looks like you're about to see a lot more changes coming down the pipe next month sometime. Your mileage may vary on how hype you are to see things like new 3* releases alongside the 5* releases, but I will say giving out a full cover to a new release 5* in alliance events has been awesome (even though my alliance only gets far enough for me to hit personal progression), as is the change to new releases going into the token pool at the start of a season consistently.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, if you're in a decent alliance then you can get two 5* covers plus some 5* shards in boss events now which is great because you don't need to use cp and tokens to try and get the new 5* by the time that they are featured in pve. Oh and going forward every 4* will feed a 5*. I would come back. Anniversary isn't too far away either.
  • Sekilicious
    Thanks! Sounds good other than needing iso for 3* characters. I guess I should figure out a good alliance 
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Pvp progression reward structure got changed as well.  The rewards stayed the same but full progression is reached at 50 wins instead of 75.  Applies for shield sim too.

To expand on what @shardwick said about 4*s feeding 5*s, there doesn't need to be a connection between the two characters.  

LLs rotation now coincides with the end of pvp season which is nice because it takes the guess work out of when the rotation will happen.  

Those are pretty much the biggies so far as we all await to see what September has in store for us.  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Let’s also mention the deluge of cash offers allowing you to buy more progress than you’ve ever been able to before. Though some may say that’s a negative not a positive, at least one of those deals was an insane amount of value never seen before.
  • Sekilicious
    Are there only three slices in PvP now? I only had three offered I’m pretty sure. Is it still the first slice that offers the best chance at 1200 pts?
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Are there only three slices in PvP now? I only had three offered I’m pretty sure. Is it still the first slice that offers the best chance at 1200 pts?
    Still 5 slices. 1 and 4 usually have the most points available.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because you joined at a time where the first two slices have already ended.

The new dev has made 5* covers more easily available and also reduced the cash bundle of 5* covers greatly. On top of that, they made 5* costume more affordable. For example, instead of the $75 bundle, they made it $15. 5* Black Panther kicked off this first tryout.

The dev has also been generous with additional rewards and apology gifts. Everyone got an LT a few days back for the mess that She-Hulk caused. All in all, the dev is trying to implement as many feedbacks as possible and they have accomplished quite a lot since June.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    Another "potential" change is the current 3* characters that only feed one 4* is now going to feed two 4* characters.  I say potential because it's only happened with 3* She-Hulk and details are scant.

@Sekilicious idk if you read the recent thread on it so here's the link.  

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87366/3-secondary-feeder-changes-timetable#latest
  • Sekilicious
    Sounds good. Three stars feeding multiple 4*s is a good thing. It would be better with more iso to champ the 3, 4, and 5s that have been waiting since forever.  I wish the 50 wins PvP was around when I was pushing through 4* land. I’m finding more difficult to find grills or anything else worth 70+ pts in the Sentry PvP this time around after I reached 800. I remember I used to shield hop after 1k pts to reach 1200 fairly easily. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I think changed/updated the wins vs rewards in PvP, I don’t remember pacifics.
    Shang chi is amazing
    gargantos is the new HE buddy
    Kamala is good
    5* Jane is the new thor in so many ways but with special tile removal!
    4’s have been mostly good! We got another Runaway, Hulkling, Rhino, were you here for echo? she has a winfinite, The Cavalry has arrived!, we got to vote on a char: Black Knight who is decent. 
    They did an Heroic event again! and promised more! 
    Cheaper costumes, free costumes for Gala
     System  wide compensation for dev error
    q&a thread that actually gets into it 
    they gave away an Infinity Stone for forum participation trophy! 

Been better since new devs, but it is still the best gemy-matchey game it has always been. The Marvel lore goes deeper now (Bigwheel!) and theres new combos that are silly. Find enjoyment with it howwhere you can but it can still be a lot of fun. 

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always thought I was forgetting another act of generosity from devs: the Infinity stone they gave me. Yes.
  • Sekilicious
    Do you know a great QoL change that could be made? Putting the number of saved covers right by the number of shards you have that character would make decisions much easier. Maybe I should break down and make a spreadsheet 
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Do you know a great QoL change that could be made? Putting the number of saved covers right by the number of shards you have that character would make decisions much easier. Maybe I should break down and make a spreadsheet 
    Why does one save covers and not apply them? I'm only doing this with my farm.
    I only champ 2-stars when the dupe has the maximum of 50 saved covers. When trying to save the 51st cover I see that I'm there.
    I champ 3-star dupes when they have 61 covers (=>2 LT's champ rewards). The moment I save the 41st cover of a 3-star I level him up to 41 and so on. So I keep track which one has most saved covers.
    I champ 4-star dupes immediately after getting the 1st saved cover (for the LT). So that's also no problem for me. But if you wanted to keep track you could also level them up bit by bit. Leveling up 3-stars or 4-stars doesn't cost much iso at the beginning. And sooner or later you have to put iso in them anyway. 

But...some kind of counter would be nice of course. 
  • Sekilicious
    Oh. I am pretty ISO starved. The majority of My 4* are covered and waiting to be champed. I like to champ the ones that give me the most rewards so have created a system that lets me know which those are. But then doing for me would be better