PvP question

WilliamK1983
WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
I'm currently in first place in The Mad Scientist pvp.  I'm playing scl 8, I believe it was the 2nd or 4th slice(it ends at midnight tonight).  I have someone cued up to do a shield hop.  I clicked on this players name, then the alliance to check scores for this event.  This person has 1800+ points to my 1450.  My question is how is it possible I'm able to compete against a player who isn't in the same slice/end time as me?   

Comments

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    You’re not. Multiple brackets per slice
  • WilliamK1983
    So we're in different brackets inside the same end time slice?  Still don't get how I'm able to play against this person.  
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    All players within the same time slice are able to queue each other (depending on roster strength).  But as the first respondent said, there are only 500 players in each "bracket" of the slice against whom you are directly competing for placement. 

To put it another way: You are able to combat players across brackets but only compete with players within your bracket.
  • WilliamK1983
    Aweberman said:
    All players within the same time slice are able to queue each other (depending on roster strength).  But as the first respondent said, there are only 500 players in each "bracket" of the slice against whom you are directly competing for placement. 

To put it another way: You are able to combat players across brackets but only compete with players within your bracket.
    Gotcha.  That makes a bit more sense to me.  Still not thrilled that a player can choose a clearance level for the season and then play each individual pvp on a completely different clearance level all together but that's a discussion for another time.  Thanks for the clarifications and timely responses everyone.  
  • WilliamK1983
    Follow up question..why do the same people always seem to end up in the same bracket event after event?  
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    Follow up question..why do the same people always seem to end up in the same bracket event after event?  
    new brackets open as previous ones fill and those people make a habit of starting each event at roughly the same time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    new brackets open as previous ones fill and those people make a habit of starting each event at roughly the same time.
    Also, bracket rooms are a thing.
  • WilliamK1983
    What do you mean by starting the event?  Are you referring to when you choose the clearance level & end time, click on the event window to enter for the first time, or enter into an actual battle against someone?

Bowgentle said:
    Bracket rooms?  Can you elaborate more on this?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    What do you mean by starting the event?  Are you referring to when you choose the clearance level & end time, click on the event window to enter for the first time, or enter into an actual battle against someone?

Bowgentle said:
    Bracket rooms?  Can you elaborate more on this?
    LINE rooms.
    People track who is in which bracket and spread out a little bit.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

The first example you gave, that's when you get put into a bracket. Whenever you actually begin having matches doesn't matter.