Current legend tokens

Options
Speed283
Speed283 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
Is there any character currently in LL or Classic Legends worth  spending CP or tokens on? 
Thanks for all the help!

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In latest, yes. Thoress is definitely worth your time as her board shake and charged tiles are awesome.  I also like KK too esp if you use a lot of special tile users (she works great with Polaris/BRB or Polaris/Grocket).

Hearing that Chasm is upper tier too.

Probably the best 3 latest legends at one time in a long time.

KGB
  • Speed283
    Options
    If anyone else reads this, it was NOT worth spending 200 LL tokens to get the current 5* available. My MMR has been raised to the point where I am hitting skip WAY too often. But, thanks anyway KGB, advice was appreciated!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,879 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be fair you didn't really give any additional context or background - whether it is worth it or not depends a lot on where you are in the game but that doesn't change the quality of the latest three 5* in LT's.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,665 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    You do need a bit of background info in order to answer this question: I would say that these 3 5* are worth getting, but I'm hoarding LLs because my KK is champed already, so I'm waiting for her to leave.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you’re hitting skip too often there could be a number of factors involved. Like putting iso in non-champed 5*s raising your MMR. Or your risk aversion is way too high. But KK, Thor, and Chasm are the best LL trio since Colossus, Wanda, and Cyclops (or Shang-Chi + anyone) so spending your hoard to try to get into 5* land now is a great life choice. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,540 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You will probably feel the hurt with only 1 5* champ. It took me 2 5*s to really start to PvP decently, and it wasn’t until I had a great pair that I was able to push forward.

If you pulled in now and got enough to champ KK Thor and Chasm you will be off to a great start for potentential meta teams in the future.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,273 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Depends on which 1 or 2 5*s you have, but the 5* transition is super painful until you have 3-5 of them. 2 champs usually puts you up against a champ 5* and max-champ 4* duo, whatever flavor of that is Em vogue at the time. It way/Rocket and then BRB/Bishop back when I did it with Ghost rider and Doom. But since the question was framed as “are there any good 5*s in Latest or Classic,” then the answer is yes, there are, and the ones in Latest will be easiest (relatively) to get on purpose.
  • Speed283
    Options
    I was able to champ all 3 of the new characters. I did say “thank you” to KGB…It was a sincere comment. I also thank all of you who responded!
    I now have 7 champed 5* characters. I find that Shang and BRB are the most useful.
     Next question is…should I spend the 531K ISO on Apoc and the 385K on Kitty to bring them both to level 450? Will that bring my MMR higher still? Or just go for it?
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 814 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm definitely not the authority on mmr, but I'm pretty sure you sealed your fate when you champed the first 5*.  So I would say if you have the Iso, champ Apoc and Kitty.  They're two of the best and it's two more 5* champs at your disposal.  
  • Speed283
    Options
    Thanks William! 
    On a different note, and I’m not sure if this is ok to ask in here…but, I see you a lot in the lighting rounds. How do you always get so high in them? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 5* MMR is the sweet spot, but once you champed two, you might as well champ all of them, it won't influence your MMR further.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Speed283 said:
    I was able to champ all 3 of the new characters. I did say “thank you” to KGB…It was a sincere comment. I also thank all of you who responded!
    I now have 7 champed 5* characters. I find that Shang and BRB are the most useful.
     Next question is…should I spend the 531K ISO on Apoc and the 385K on Kitty to bring them both to level 450? Will that bring my MMR higher still? Or just go for it?
    As others have said your MMR is already 5*. I just want to add for anyone reading this, don’t worry about champing meta characters. They make the game less of a grind. Apocalypse and Kitty still rock PvE at SCL10. I have BRB champed and left him and Apocalypse on defense last night and am certain I got hit as often as when I leave Shang-Chi and Valkyrie. That is to say, defense is often irrelevant in PvP. If you are worth points you will lose them without a shield.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 814 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Speed283 said:
    Thanks William! 
    On a different note, and I’m not sure if this is ok to ask in here…but, I see you a lot in the lighting rounds. How do you always get so high in them? 
    Yes that's me!  Same name on here as my gamer tag.  Alliance name is Tweeds if anyone wants to check out my roster or whatever.  

My lighting round strategy is speed speed speed and Shang-Chi helps bigly.  If I can get to 500+ points, that usually guarantees me a top 8 finish.  Personally, I like to start each lightning round a couple minutes after it starts.  I race to 500+ as quick as I can and shield up.  Now this isn't the most HP efficient, but I do it this way so I have a nice break before the next round starts.  I spend at least 1200 HP a day on shields for lightning rounds, again, not the most efficient, but works for me.  It also allows me to avoid the players with much stronger roster than mine.  Those players seem to start the lightning round with less than an hour left, some even waiting to do the final push with less than 30 minutes left.  

Shang-Chi and Crystal are a nice pair, and helps me save on health packs.  Fast too.  I've been running Shang-Chi and MThor since champing her a couple weeks ago.  Sometimes Dr. Honey can hurt Shangs combo points, but that is far outweighed by when those cascades get going and the damage skyrockets.  Shang-Chi alone should allow you to finish T25 no problem.  That's 1000 Iso-8 and two heroic tokens.  That adds up real nice after a day of lightning rounds, really helping roster progression.  I pull in approximately 60k Iso-8 and 40 ish heroic tokens from two days of lighting rounds, similar number of standard tokens too.  Don't sleep on those, the shards for your favorite 3* really adds up plus you get Iso-8 for selling all the 1*s they generate.  

Lastly, regarding the required 3*, I'm not a huge proponent of needing them max champed.  It's nice, but not necessary.  I prefer to keep my farm rolling along.  Yes, I could dupe them but I don't.  No particular reason it's just the way I do things.  Pretty much covers it all.  Hope this helps.  Any more questions, just ask.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,273 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw an MMR change champing first one, then two, but after that it’s just your 3 highest level characters so it’ll be what is is now as long as nobody runs away with levels. I’d say you’re safe to champ anyone else you have that can be unless they have like 30 saved covers on them or something.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,879 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champ Apocalypse, you wont regret it. Kitty has a lot of counters now but she is still a lot of fun so champ her too and watch her slay in X-Men v Apocalypse boss battles with her purple.