Chasm - what’s your counter?

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
Not a nerf thread per se, but just as I suspected Chasm is very over tuned. Does anyone have a good solution to him yet? I’m already seeing champs in the red hulk PVP and coupled with boosted Wanda it has been a tough nut to crack so far. I have all non-latest 5*s champed except Widow, Ock, Black Suit, and Archangel, none of whom I suspect will be very useful. I’ve tried Apocalypse/Iceman and Wanda/Parker, neither worked.

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just been using Wanda+ShangChi and brute forcing it. As long as I don't get a horrible board, I've been winning

Keep in mind that he's boosted right now. Your experience today won't be typical of what you'll see when he's just another dude.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I’ve hit a bunch of boosted Chasms, with a variety of characters, and only lost once. I think he’ll be a huge pain with She Hulk but otherwise he’s nbd because he doesn’t do much damage. Just don’t use BRB or accidentally kill him
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2022
    Moon Knight unboosted isn’t enough, Wanda claps back too hard when she is also boosted and his powers cost way too much to use against Chasm. The player I was able to queue up to test against this morning in the final moments of the Rulk PVP had a Chasm with a boosted level of 640, and by opponent turn 1, their Wanda and his first match had my moon knight down to 2k health.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2022
    I think that dude was leftover in my queue from last night when i made it up over 1000pts because I couldn’t queue him up again. I did find this match that was more appropriate to my baby champ roster:

And then after about 5-6 turns it looked like this:

i probably could have beaten this team with Shang-Chi, but I wanted to try Moon Knight just to see what would happen.

that player with the big champ Chasm was able to match-4 kill my Red Hulk on turn 1 a few times. It’s pretty impressive.
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    I’ve had luck with Mighty Thor and Iceman as a counter to SW/Chasm. It’s a little slow on startup, but it’s been working. 

I can tell you who is NOT a counter to Chasm! Chasm! I tried a head to head match and quit after getting stuck in a 15 minute heal/revive loop.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I feel like that is a strong team to do it with, but my Thor is still a work in progress at 2/5/2 with 765 shards and lvl 255.

I currently just have a 0/1/0 Chasm, so the mirror match isn't in my future for awhile anyhow. I think in a pick-3 no boost situation like Simulator it's probably not a huge deal to face him down. But Pick 2 when he is boosted is rough.
  • IrisRyu
    I’m not sure that Chasm won’t be a problem in pick-3. I took him, iHulk (both at 11 covers) and a few different partners into Simulator and even unchamped they were beating teams (including retaliations) many levels above them through sheer attrition. Add in iShulk and I fear it’s gonna be a $?!& show.

It could be a coincidence, but the current first place holder in Simulator belongs to someone with a 550 Chasm. Just saying.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    IrisRyu said:
    I’m not sure that Chasm won’t be a problem in pick-3. I took him, iHulk (both at 11 covers) and a few different partners into Simulator and even unchamped they were beating teams (including retaliations) many levels above them through sheer attrition. Add in iShulk and I fear it’s gonna be a $?!& show.

It could be a coincidence, but the current first place holder in Simulator belongs to someone with a 550 Chasm. Just saying.

Enh, people will hit for the novelty now and no one knows the best Counters. This sort of anecdata won't be even marginally useful for some time yet.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I mean, somebody with a 550 chasm on day 1 is probably already doing pretty alright competitively lol.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It is possibly telling that I have yet to see a single Chasm in the Banner pvp, but i'm running a pair of un-boosted wingmen right now in the form of Carbage and Sighclops so my MMR may be skewed a bit
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    My counter is skip.....
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I've only seen one so far.
  • IrisRyu
    Maybe it’s the novelty factor, but I’ve been seeing a bunch. I beat an all 550 team of Daredevil, Okoye and Chasm with FosThor/ Shang-Chi/ and a 450 Colossus. It was a breeze with a few boosts.
    No idea what the intended strategy is behind that team composition, but assume it’s nasty. Chasm is a bit like Shang-Chi in that the AI has no idea how to play him. He can be a powerhouse on offense, but is, ultimately, a glass cannon.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    IrisRyu said:
    Maybe it’s the novelty factor, but I’ve been seeing a bunch. I beat an all 550 team of Daredevil, Okoye and Chasm with FosThor/ Shang-Chi/ and a 450 Colossus. It was a breeze with a few boosts.
    No idea what the intended strategy is behind that team composition, but assume it’s nasty. Chasm is a bit like Shang-Chi in that the AI has no idea how to play him. He can be a powerhouse on offense, but is, ultimately, a glass cannon.
    Correct.  AI won't know how to play him but a low level champed Chasm + MT in a pick 2 can take down almost any team in the right hands.  Which is kind of the same with SC.  I like these offensive puzzle type characters even if the AI has know idea how to deal with them.