Major Bug in Boss Event!

KGB
KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
The Boss battles are forcing 2 of the 3 characters to be a Thor variant instead of just 1.

Even worse, after Gorr is down, you must still finish off any minions that exist which is a huge PITA for the invisible ones.

We need a hotfix fast!

KGB

Comments

• Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I mean, the required characters are Thor variant and Jane Thor variant, which makes thematic sense for this fight. Don't think that's necessarily a bug. The other nodes don't require two characters, which makes me think this was intentional. 
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    It looks intentional, but the announcement specifically said
    "Boss node: Loaned characters are now: Thor (Goddess), Thor (Modern), and Valkyrie. The node requires either Thor (Mighty) or Thor (Goddess)"
    So from that, only Jane Thor should be required, and the other two freely selectable.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Sounds like a “semi-heroic” boss event to me.
  • amigopdude22
    amigopdude22 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    KGB said:
    Even worse, after Gorr is down, you must still finish off any minions that exist which is a huge PITA for the invisible ones.
    I mean, it’s inconvenient but it makes sense. You should have to defeat all enemies that are present. 
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    My tokens are going to the post-event set, not the current vault.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I mean, it’s inconvenient but it makes sense. You should have to defeat all enemies that are present. 

Except we don't have to do that in other Boss events. See Sinister 6: Green Goblin node where he summons goons. As soon as you down Goblin you win even if the Goons are still alive.  Likewise with Civil War when Captain America summons help or Iron Man summons backup armor.

KGB
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    This boss event is cursed 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having two Thor’s required borks the event. It won’t be a problem for me to finish but I hazard to guess a lot of players t not even have the required characters
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    Having two Thor’s required borks the event. It won’t be a problem for me to finish but I hazard to guess a lot of players t not even have the required characters
    Loaners are provided.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assumed the major bug was the tokens going to a post-vault.  The other stuff actually seems like what was planned.